Would-be Australian Santa imprisoned ...

Would-be Australian Santa imprisoned for child rape nearly 3 de...

There are 17 comments on the International Herald Tribune story from Dec 10, 2006, titled Would-be Australian Santa imprisoned for child rape nearly 3 de.... In it, International Herald Tribune reports that:

MELBOURNE, Australia: A man who raped a child 29 years ago and was arrested after a routine police background check when he applied for a job as a Santa Claus was sentenced Monday to more than three years ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Herald Tribune.

KRT

Nashville, TN

#1 Dec 11, 2006
Every child rapist should be castrated and put in jail to rot until they die.
Shazza and Dazza

Kingsley, Australia

#2 Dec 13, 2006
KRT wrote:
Every child rapist should be castrated and put in jail to rot until they die.
good point or we good stone them to death!
Bob

Australia

#3 Dec 15, 2006
Shazza and Dazza wrote:
<quoted text>good point or we good stone them to death!
Stoning someone to death is also a evil crime.
Shazza and Dazza

Kingsley, Australia

#4 Dec 17, 2006
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont mean to be rude to you Bob, but it would'nt be so evil if your own child was raped.
shara-jane

Robina, Australia

#5 Dec 19, 2006
hi i cant wait to talk to u have a good x mas and a happy new year
Bob

Burpengary, Australia

#6 Dec 20, 2006
Shazza and Dazza wrote:
<quoted text>Dont mean to be rude to you Bob, but it would'nt be so evil if your own child was raped.
Evil is always evil.

Pedophilia is evil act.

The act of killing some one in a brutal and barbaric way,not evil?
The people who do the stoning arent there to punish ,Their there to satisfy their urge to kill.

Perhaps you should move back to turkey,There you can feel at home and fulfill your desires.
Taylah

Australia

#8 Sep 17, 2007
Shazza and Dazza wrote:
<quoted text>good point or we good stone them to death!
Stone them?
Thats pretty bad aswell.

I think they should be locked up for a few years with some really horny fat guy and then shot.
Jen

Australia

#9 Sep 17, 2007
Anyone that rapes a child should have their balls chopped off, put in an all white prison cell so they can experience sensory deprivation and fed rats for their meals.

After about 10 years of this, the next step would be DEATH (by stoning is a great idea, wish I thought of it).
REALIST

Australia

#10 Sep 17, 2007
That dog fijian moti is still on the run from australia and interpol too. His times a comming, as soon as the corrupt leader dogs in the south pacific stop protecting him.
corrie

Mosta, Malta

#11 Mar 3, 2008
i have been following the case of jon mary chircop..who was charged with raping his step daughter and extradited from malta.does anyone have any info on this?

KBJ

“Transcend.”

Since: Mar 08

Success, Australia

#12 Mar 3, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure I know where you're going with this. Killing people is wrong, and if we kill people those who are wrong then we are no better than they.

However, killing people is not absolutely wrong. Killing someone in cases of self-defence is commonly acceptable, but the act itself is no more dissimilar to murder than any other case. Euthanasia, abortion, murder, overcoming opposing forces in wartime and killing someone in self-defence all have differing degrees of acceptability, and yet they are essentially the same act.

Perhaps we need to start looking beyond moral absolutes such as "X is wrong" and look at the only thing that should matter in any act: the outcome. In this case, I see no reason why we shouldn't remove child rapists from the equation.

KBJ

“Transcend.”

Success, Australia

#13 Mar 3, 2008
Argh, shit.

CORRECTION: Killing people is wrong, and if we kill those others who are wrong (criminals) then we are no better than they.
Bob

Nikenbah, Australia

#14 Mar 3, 2008
KBJ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure I know where you're going with this. Killing people is wrong, and if we kill people those who are wrong then we are no better than they.
However, killing people is not absolutely wrong. Killing someone in cases of self-defence is commonly acceptable, but the act itself is no more dissimilar to murder than any other case. Euthanasia, abortion, murder, overcoming opposing forces in wartime and killing someone in self-defence all have differing degrees of acceptability, and yet they are essentially the same act.
Perhaps we need to start looking beyond moral absolutes such as "X is wrong" and look at the only thing that should matter in any act: the outcome. In this case, I see no reason why we shouldn't remove child rapists from the equation.
Dint think I'd see this thread again.

I'm not saying killing is wrong as in cases of self-defence/war. Im in favor for the death penalty here.But I dont find death by stoning/beheading to be an acceptable way of carrying out the punishment.

It has to be carried out in a humane way as to not encourage angry mobs to take revenge.

If you were to see a stoning vid its not a pretty site,I watch half and that was enough.What I did see is that the people that turned up seemed to be enjoying them selfs.

KBJ

“Transcend.”

Success, Australia

#15 Mar 3, 2008
Ah, I certainly agree with that. Apologies for assuming your views on capital punishment.
JMA

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Apr 17, 2008
Anyone who rapes a child should either:
A: be exucuted (it doesnt matter how)
B: be senteced to life in prison
(FOR LIFE, no getting out early for
"good" behavoir)
Pedophillia can not be cured, there is no rehabilitation for that. We need to permently remove these people from society so they don't continue raping our innocent children.
And for this specific guy who was on the run for 29 years, imagine how many other children he might have raped in that time.
Karen

Surry Hills, Australia

#18 Apr 17, 2008
Just like a virus on your computer, they are no good to ANYONE. The should be DELETED.
Romel Esmail Moore

Czech Republic

#19 Jan 11, 2017
Not surprising that a toilet rat would want a job as Santa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victoria County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lerno -Thornton Obama Wifi Torture Victoria And... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Frank 1
News Victoria inmate sentenced for jail arson 56 min... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Mary 1
News Jesse Garza will bring firm, fair approach to .... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Truth in Precinct 1 1
News Historians campaign to save pre-Civil War home ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 A McDonald 1
News Visiting, searching cemeteries (Feb '10) Aug '12 Gunter 8
News Third defendant in 2006 murder gets 20 years in... (Feb '10) Feb '10 kgc 1
News At&T phone problems (Sep '08) Jan '10 Viva 9
More from around the web