Teenage girl sexually assaulted in Ne...

Teenage girl sexually assaulted in Newbury Park

There are 10 comments on the Daily News story from Sep 29, 2007, titled Teenage girl sexually assaulted in Newbury Park. In it, Daily News reports that:

A 16-year-old girl was attacked, dragged under a bridge and sexually assaulted as she walked along Wendy Drive, authorities said today. via Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily News.

Worried

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Oct 1, 2007
I just heard that there was a second rape at Dos Vientos Park, Yesterday - September 30th, at the same time 5:30 pm. Apparently the man fits the same physical description! Watch out for your girls- don't walk around with both headphones on, and don't walk alone!!!
Bree

United States

#2 Oct 1, 2007
That happened right down my street! I hope the the girl is okay. I feel so bad for her. I hope the culprit is caught and severely punished for his actions. What a CREEP!!!
wow

Whittier, CA

#3 Oct 3, 2007
what did the man look like?
any distinct features?
fisherman hat?
smart one

Newport Beach, CA

#4 Oct 9, 2007
Worried wrote:
I just heard that there was a second rape at Dos Vientos Park, Yesterday - September 30th, at the same time 5:30 pm. Apparently the man fits the same physical description! Watch out for your girls- don't walk around with both headphones on, and don't walk alone!!!
so far no news on that.
ewww

United States

#5 Oct 25, 2007
yeah we were at school and our principal came on the speaker and started telling us to calm down but we cant be alone! ahahahahah FREEEKKKYY
Punisher

Chatsworth, CA

#6 Nov 8, 2007
He will pray that I don't find him.
Parent

United States

#7 Nov 15, 2007
Has anyone heard anything on this since the initial story? I've seen notihng from schools or police or newspapers or anyone concerning progress (or lack thereof) on this case. Rumors are even circulating at the high school that the initial assault was a hoax, but I have nothing on which to base belief or disbelief.

Concerned parents who've been driving their kids three blocks to school for the last month would really like to know what's been going on since then, and get some hint as to when we can relax and let our kids walk the neighborhood again...

Being able to trust our law-enforcement organizations to communicate with us would be nice, too.

Anyone?
PlsCatchHimAsap

Temecula, CA

#8 Jul 8, 2008
A few months ago, a female family member of mine told me that she was approached by a pant less man as she was walking early in the morning in around the same area. As he walked towards her, she pulled out her cell to call the cops, at which point he apparently fled in a SUV. She did file a police report a few hours later.
I didn't think much of it at the time, and pawned it off to some drunk guy or something, but now reading about this sets this into a whole new perspective. Holy shit, I really hope they catch this sick fuck before he strikes again. These kind of fucks reserve a special place in jail next to overweight homosexual man-predators. REMEMBER KEEP A CELL PHONE NEARBY AND WALK IN THE LIGHTED AREAS OF DOS VIENTOS.
PlsCatchHimAsap

Temecula, CA

#9 Jul 8, 2008
Just to add, this happened about 2 months ago in the early morning hours right next to the part itself!!!!!!!!!
amanda

Paramount, CA

#10 Oct 7, 2010
i am googling to see if an old friend died from newbury park, anyway i am a victim of attempted rape on reino rd but it was in 2001 when they were building dos vientos, i didnt hear about this but i wonder if it is the same guy., i was a freshmen at NPHS walking home up reino rd at 3 pm and was at the part near the sewer drainage before albertsons, and a big rig pulls up slowly to a stop 100 feet away (i am walking againstt traffic on the NPHS side of the street)and the driver gets out and walks around the back of the truck to the passenger side (odd) and has the door open as he leans in like he is looking for something. as i approach i debate walking around the truck in the street or walking behind it past him when he starts to lean away from the cover of the passenger door to lunge towards me, with his pants unzipped and he is erect... all i saw was his pants and penis since my eyes were downcast as i was walking in the front of the truck. i sprinted across the lanes and ran to starbucks crying. as i ran away i saw him crawl into the drivers seat and i looked back to see him staring at me in the rearview, very scary, like he liked watching me run. he had dark hair, dark eyes, and a tannish light brown complexion wearing jeans with the four buttons up the fly. my sister picked me up from starbucks but i didnt have a license plate and was in shock. my mom told the school and they wanted a composite sketch but i didnt see much. supposedly he raped a girl in dos viento sshortly after. this was when i was 13, they were building dos vientos and i heard a girl got raped in either borchard or dos vientos later. i know rapists often frequent the same places, one man used to rape in an officebuilding in NY he would go on the elevator and push a button to the abandoned floor and drag women out... he did 10 years and after release returned to the same stomping grounds. my attacker was never found, might be the same guy. if anyone wants to contact me about it
amanda
[email protected]
this hapened to me in sept/oct of freshmen year i was 13 i turned 14 the next month im class of 05 so it was 2001 i guess it turned 2002 that jan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ventura County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IAAF issues guidelines on Russian track athletes Sun Test 2
News Ventura County Crude Oil Pipelines Apr '16 Jane Ann 1
News 128 arrests during Coachella weekend 1; Disney ... Apr '16 Jane Ann 1
News Freeway pursuit ends in naked arrest Apr '16 Jane Ann 1
News 100-mph freeway chase ends in naked arrest in L... Apr '16 Jane Ann 1
News 17th Annual YMCA National Day of Prayer Breakfa... Apr '16 Jane Ann 1
News California's Catholics continue to oppose assis... (Sep '15) Sep '15 SCREW EM 1
More from around the web