Prosecutors drop charges against Evan...

Prosecutors drop charges against Evansville man accused of making threatening Twitter remarks

There are 8 comments on the Evansville Courier & Press story from Sep 17, 2013, titled Prosecutors drop charges against Evansville man accused of making threatening Twitter remarks. In it, Evansville Courier & Press reports that:

Naquan Powell, 25, was charged with two felony counts of intimidation. The charges stemmed from two April 16 Twitter messages that investigators traced back to Powell, according to court records.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evansville Courier & Press.

so

Evansville, IN

#1 Sep 17, 2013
So was this guy in jail since April?
If they dismissed the charges that means he sat in jail for 5 months for nothing.
Patriot

Evansville, IN

#2 Sep 17, 2013
I think he was in jail for making threats of shooting up UE and EPD. I think EPD, the prosecutor's office, and a judge felt probable cause existed that he committed a crime.
I'm sure his caring defense attorney paid out of his own caring pocket to get him the help he needed.
so

Evansville, IN

#3 Sep 17, 2013
Patriot wrote:
I think he was in jail for making threats of shooting up UE and EPD. I think EPD, the prosecutor's office, and a judge felt probable cause existed that he committed a crime.
I'm sure his caring defense attorney paid out of his own caring pocket to get him the help he needed.
No they said they weren't considered threats and I don't see them as such either. Did you read what the "threats" were? He was basically wanting mental hearth care.
lol

Greenville, KY

#4 Sep 18, 2013
Well hopefully his cry for help was heard. Get this guy a doctor.
Patriot

Evansville, IN

#5 Sep 18, 2013
so wrote:
<quoted text>
No they said they weren't considered threats and I don't see them as such either. Did you read what the "threats" were? He was basically wanting mental hearth care.
Who is they? I'll tell you who; his lying defense attorney. The local media had the actual Twitter posts up. They were threats by a deranged person much like the one that shot up the Navy Yard the other day.
Quanp720

Atlanta, GA

#6 Sep 14, 2014
so wrote:
So was this guy in jail since April?
If they dismissed the charges that means he sat in jail for 5 months for nothing.

Thanks for your concern. I was only in jail for 62 days. For nothing.
Quanp720

Atlanta, GA

#7 Sep 14, 2014
Not me. It was my girl bro
Quanp720

Atlanta, GA

#8 Sep 14, 2014
Well not really sir. I actually have no record and no weapons. They just wanted that money for an inmate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vanderburgh County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Aug 21 Fred 3
News Evansville mom sentenced in child neglect case Aug 19 Sue 1
News 14NEWS Investigates: What's that traffic ticket... Jul '15 Beaver 3
News Police refute Facebook account of arrest at Scu... (Jun '13) Jul '15 Truthwinsagain 20
News VCSO: Man arrested after telling deputies about... May '15 ummmm 1
News Police: New drug discovered at Evansville apart... Apr '15 IamNOTevansville 13
No students hurt in wreck involving EVSC bus (Feb '15) Feb '15 just curious 1
More from around the web