Father Accused of Holding Daughter Underwater

There are 6 comments on the Aug 27, 2009, KATV Little Rock story titled Father Accused of Holding Daughter Underwater. In it, KATV Little Rock reports that:

A Van Buren County man has been charged with kidnapping, battery and endangering the welfare of a minor for allegedly holding his daughter underwater during a baptism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATV Little Rock.

Stephanie

Higden, AR

#1 Sep 16, 2009
I was at the man's court date when the daughter's mom was getting a protection order against him. It was sad :(
VBC Resident

Higden, AR

#2 Sep 17, 2009
He married another women after this happened. The women has children and is living with her in Greenbrier; if what happened is true, which it appears he admits it, I am so worried for the safety of the children he is with now. I wish law enforcement would do something. What a sad story.
Sad

Little Rock, AR

#3 Oct 26, 2010
What is really sad is that the girls mom is an admitted meth addict, alcoholic and leaves the girls with her boyfriends that have been in prison. the dad had full custody because she left them. Now mom lives off extra money from government claiming the girls and working at a strip club but the girls don't even live with her. She is also drinking and driving with the girl in the car. The mom almost got arrested for spending night at the dad's house with the girls after this happened and calls him trying to get back together with him.
simplyput

Warren, AR

#4 Feb 21, 2011
VBC Resident wrote:
He married another women after this happened. The women has children and is living with her in Greenbrier; if what happened is true, which it appears he admits it, I am so worried for the safety of the children he is with now. I wish law enforcement would do something. What a sad story.
I know it's been a while since this thread was started, but I just happened to see this and had to comment. Where exactly do you get that "he admitted" to doing this? Get your facts straight. I am not defending him, but the only thing he admitted to was BAPTIZING his daughter.
I pray you don't ever sit on a jury! You're the type that would have a person found guilty simply because he/she was arrested and brought that far. Everyone is entitled to a FAIR trial.

Since: Apr 09

Higden, AR

#5 Feb 23, 2011
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's been a while since this thread was started, but I just happened to see this and had to comment. Where exactly do you get that "he admitted" to doing this? Get your facts straight. I am not defending him, but the only thing he admitted to was BAPTIZING his daughter.
I pray you don't ever sit on a jury! You're the type that would have a person found guilty simply because he/she was arrested and brought that far. Everyone is entitled to a FAIR trial.
Everyone has a right to their opinion.

I have no problem with someone Baptizing their child. I do have a problem with someone holding their child underwater until they are unconscious, if you don't that is your right. I know when I was baptized, I was not forced under water until I went unconscious, nor were my children when they got baptized.

As far as me getting my facts straight, I have been following the trial in the newspaper (Van Buren County Democrat). So I only know what is presented in the paper.

And we do agree that everyone is entitled to a fair trial.

Thank you for attacking my character without even knowing me based on an opinion and concern for children that I posted on here. Have a blessed day.
Stranger and Stranger

Little Rock, AR

#6 Mar 8, 2011
I saw the dad, the Merryman girls, the ex wife and the new wife all out eating together in Conway few weeks ago. That's bizarre! How can they do that after everything that's happened. Mr. Merryman needs his own show, probably all on drugs. Poor children don't have a chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Buren County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Pleads Not Guilty to Ex-Wife's Murder (Jan '09) Nov '14 Liberal Lt 27
News Arkansas postcard past (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kclements 1
News Van Buren County Attorney Dies After Fight (May '12) Dec '13 early cuyler 2
News Earthquake Activity Picking Up in Van Buren County (May '13) May '13 DonkeyRider 5
News Grandma Advocates for School-Zone Safety After ... (Apr '13) May '13 farm girl 6
News Redneck Games of Arkansas This Weekend in Clinton (Oct '12) Oct '12 vilionia 5 2
News Manhunt On In Van Buren County (Sep '08) Jul '12 yes get REALLLLL 7
More from around the web