One dead in Glasgow shooting, manhunt underway
According to Valley County Sheriff Glen Meier, the suspect in the deadly shooting in Glasgow has been apprehended.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXLF.
#1 Jan 20, 2009
I think this is an excellent example of an armed citizen doing what true patriots do:
1. Protect themselves
2. Protect their family, his wife, Suzanne Billingsley
3. Protect their fellow citizen, the murdered ER technician, Melissa Greenhagen and the others at the hospital
4. Scott Billingsley is my kind of guy
5. This country needs more of him and people like him
I think this is a sad example of:
1. Local police reacting like most cops Get out of our way, do not question us, go and hide like rabbits until we tell you we have made the world safe for you.
2. Media carefully publishing the NEWS but failing to investigate and report the facts.
3. The authorities and the media diminishing themselves in the eyes of the citizens they profess to serve.
4. Sheriff Glenn Meier and Chief Lynn Erickson being less likely to be the reason murders are rare in Glasgow than the other armed citizens, licensed to carry or not
5. Authority efficiency - 50 federal and local agents using tracker dogs followed the wounded suspect to a house just south of town? A proficient hunter should have been able to follow a blood trail by her or himself, maybe with the help of one good tracking dog.
Notice that the authorities and the media use politically correct words like allegedly killed,wounded two people,the suspect was killed in a shooting involving police. What the hell is wrong with words like MURDERED,WOUNDED TWO PEOPLE IN A MURDER AND AN ATTEMPTED MURDER,AFTER BEING SHOT BY AN ARMED CITIZEN, THE APPARENT MURDER WAS TRACKED DOWN AND KILLED BY THE POLICE or AFTER BEING SHOT BY AN ARMED CITIZEN, THE APPARENT MURDER WAS TRACKED DOWN BY THE POLICE AND FOUND TO HAVE COMITTED SUICIDE?
Condolences to the family of Melissa Greenhagen.
#2 Jan 20, 2009
Dude, you need to calm down. There are valid reasons that such words are used in the initial days of such an incident.
#3 Jan 21, 2009
The name is Ken.
Please be more spicific, what reasons do you feel are valid?
#4 Aug 4, 2010
id like to know what happened myself. theres like 5 posts on the same subject but yet im clueless as to whom done what.
#5 Aug 12, 2010
exactly i feel the same way. its a bunch of jabberish nonscence if they are gonna skip around the issue and then we dont have a clue. i want to know what its about already or it needs to disappear
#6 Nov 28, 2010
Well at least we didn't have ole drunk Dick investigating the shooting
Add your comments below
|Something keeps drawing me to this area! (Dec '10)||Mar '15||be very careful o...||2|
|Valley County Jail: Often Filled Up (Mar '15)||Mar '15||be very careful o...||1|
|Hearing Set For Pipeline Man Camps (Mar '15)||Mar '15||be very careful o...||1|
|Fort Peck Tribes OK Prescription Pot (Mar '15)||Mar '15||be very careful o...||1|
|Council Discusses Proposed Fire Hall (Dec '13)||Mar '15||be very careful o...||2|
|The Glasgow Courier Homepage (Mar '15)||Mar '15||be very careful o...||1|
|Hitchhiker writing 'The Kindness of America' sh... (Jun '12)||Jun '12||Citizen||1|
Find what you want!
Search Valley County Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC