1. Protect themselves
2. Protect their family, his wife, Suzanne Billingsley
3. Protect their fellow citizen, the murdered ER technician, Melissa Greenhagen and the others at the hospital
4. Scott Billingsley is my kind of guy
5. This country needs more of him and people like him
I think this is a sad example of:
1. Local police reacting like most cops –“Get out of our way, do not question us, go and hide like rabbits until we tell you we have made the world safe for you”.
2. Media carefully publishing the “NEWS” but failing to investigate and report the facts.
3. The authorities and the media diminishing themselves in the eyes of the citizens they profess to serve.
4. Sheriff Glenn Meier and Chief Lynn Erickson being less likely to be the reason murders are rare in Glasgow than the other armed citizens, licensed to carry or not
5. Authority efficiency - 50 federal and local agents using tracker dogs followed the wounded suspect to a house just south of town? A proficient hunter should have been able to follow a blood trail by her or himself, maybe with the help of one good tracking dog.
Notice that the authorities and the media use politically correct words like “allegedly killed”,“wounded two people”,“the suspect was killed in a shooting involving police”. What the hell is wrong with words like “MURDERED”,“WOUNDED TWO PEOPLE IN A MURDER AND AN ATTEMPTED MURDER”,“AFTER BEING SHOT BY AN ARMED CITIZEN, THE APPARENT MURDER WAS TRACKED DOWN AND KILLED BY THE POLICE” or “AFTER BEING SHOT BY AN ARMED CITIZEN, THE APPARENT MURDER WAS TRACKED DOWN BY THE POLICE AND FOUND TO HAVE COMITTED SUICIDE?”
Condolences to the family of Melissa Greenhagen.