19 charged in drug sweep

19 charged in drug sweep

There are 5 comments on the Marysville Journal-Tribune story from Sep 5, 2008, titled 19 charged in drug sweep. In it, Marysville Journal-Tribune reports that:

A countywide drug roundup successfully put a dent in the local drug trade business, according to Union County authorities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marysville Journal-Tribune.

Mike

Saint George, UT

#1 Feb 25, 2009
Wow, 19 people who were employed just lost their jobs.
marysville

Lima, OH

#2 Feb 27, 2009
its sad b/c i know 3 of the people on that list...that's sorta scarry! but they were friends of my ex husband...and THISSSS is why he is an EX

“You have been lied to”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 28, 2009
There once was a man on his deathbed who, at the very end of his life, called his wife to his side and said to her,“Dear, before I leave this earth, there is something that I really feel I have to tell you. For a number of years now, I have been having an affair with the woman who lives across the street. I do not mean to hurt your feelings, but I think you had a right to hear it, and hear it from me.” The wife thought for a moment and then replied,“That’s okay; I know. That’s why I poisoned you.”

In so many ways, we have been poisoning ourselves by the policy we have chosen to deal with the critical problem of drug use and abuse. As I have always acknowledged, many of these drugs are certainly dangerous and harmful, but there are also separate and distinct harms that are directly caused by their prohibition. These additional harms might be tolerable if they actually stemmed the flow of drugs into our communities. But the opposite is true. Our drug laws have simply failed.

Our country’s attempts to combat drug use and abuse, and all of the crime and misery that accompany them, through the criminal justice system is not working. Drug policy reform is one of the most important issues facing this country and the so called “War on Drugs” is one of our country’s biggest failures.

I have reached these conclusions after spending nearly 20 years as a Police Officer in the State of California. I have seen firsthand that we are wasting unimaginable amounts of our tax dollars, increasing crime and despair, and severely and unnecessarily harming people’s lives, particularly our children’s, by our failed drug policy. In short, I have seen that our current drug policy is a failure, and I simply cannot keep quiet any longer.

We have been following essentially the same Drug Prohibition policy for many decades, and it has given us the worst of all worlds. Today there are more drugs available in our communities, and at a lower price, than ever before. We have greatly expanded the number of prisons in the United States, but all of them are overflowing. As a direct result of the enormous amount of money available from illicit drug sales, the corruption of public officials and private individuals in our society has increased substantially. We have a much higher incidence of diseases, such as hepatitis and AIDS, caused by the use of dirty needles, than most countries in the world. The “War on Drugs” has resulted in the loss of more civil liberties protections than has any other phenomenon in our history. Instead of being shielded, our children are being recruited into a lifestyle of drug selling and drug usage by the current system. And revolutionaries and insurgents abroad are using money procured from the illegal sale of drugs to undermine legitimate governments all over the world. We could not have achieved worse results if we had tried.

Drug Abuse is Bad…The Drug War is Worse!
LAW ENFORCEMENT AGAINST PROHIBITION
Criminal Justice Professionals Speaking Out Against the War on Drugs
www.askleap.org

Since: Apr 09

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 3, 2009
hahahhaahaha... poison
dirtyfeet

Indiana, PA

#5 Apr 3, 2009
&fe ature=channel_page
They Missed Drunken Bush

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Developer sweetens Jacquemin Farms proposal (Apr '16) Feb '17 Jackie 3
News Kasich: Budget can only handle 1% school-fundin... Jan '17 They cannot kill ... 3
News Four Arrested For Heroin Related Charges At Mar... (Jun '12) Jun '16 Smamd 3
News Plea expected (Apr '16) Apr '16 george thouralgood 3
DD Board Levy (Feb '16) Feb '16 Registered Voter 1
News Serious injury accident on Route 33, driver tra... (Jan '16) Jan '16 crossfit sensation 2
News Undocumented immigrant who ran over son takes p... (Jan '16) Jan '16 HOLLA ISABELLA 2
More from around the web