Murder Case: Mother on trial in fatal fire

Oct 8, 2007 | Posted by: Charlotte.com | Full story: Charlotte.com

“I truly believe that all things happen for a purpose; we don't always know why. But I do know that now there's a father, grandparents, an aunt or uncle, a sister and a brother that have to try to make sense of an unimaginable situation.”

Lisa Greene said she set a blanket on fire and laid it on a bookshelf outside the room where her children were sleeping Jan. 10, 2006, investigators said in court documents.

As the shelf burned, she closed the door and sat in a living room recliner, investigators say Greene told them. She left when she began to smell smoke and didn't do anything to help the children.

Daniel Macemore, 10, and his sister, Addison, 8, died of carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.

In Greene's trial, scheduled to begin today in Cabarrus County Superior Court, defense attorneys will try to suppress some of the statements investigators say she made. Read more

Comments (Page 16)

Showing posts 301 - 320 of320
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Justice

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

HaHa HaHa HaHa...you never will give up will you? LOL. You are a funny one. Who's the cruel person now saying that Daniel and Addie have been freed from me? You are probably okay with the fact that they were suffocated and burnt and now are laying underneath the cold ground. Oh wait!...I guess you haven't thought of that at all. That seems to be just an illusion that you have placed far in the back of your mind. And you have chose to believe that it was an accident, and they did not suffer. Who is cruel to blame the jury and the witnesses of lying under oath? Who is cruel to take the stand and testify that Lisa was a GOOD mother when she has been proven to call Daniel a Bastard and Addie a Fat Little Pig. I know that Daniel and Addie are at piece now and they have been "freed" from all of the abuse from their mother. I am starting to wonder about the family as well. It seems as though you can be just as short tempered and hateful as Lisa.
GLORY wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, i see, you must have been one of the people lisa offended in past, right? how dare you call her family a liar? i would love to know how you know this and that, blah, blah, blah. you seem to have a lot of comments. practice what you preach! and i am so sorry that you can't even see the truth for the hate you have in your heart. if those children knew you personally, i am glad that they have been freed from such a cruel person in their life!!!!!!!!!!111
Justice

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

You are damn right. Justice is fighting for the ones that you love and seeing that you never give up on them. I believe Daniel and Addie got Justice when Lisa was locked up and that is what they deserve. Cruelty would be to deny the TRUTH and set her free. She does not deserve that...Call me what you want, I don't CARE.
GLORY wrote:
CRUEL, CRUEL, CRUEL! AND YOU CALL YOURSELF JUSTICE?!?!
GLORY

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Judged:

Justice wrote:
You are damn right. Justice is fighting for the ones that you love and seeing that you never give up on them. I believe Daniel and Addie got Justice when Lisa was locked up and that is what they deserve. Cruelty would be to deny the TRUTH and set her free. She does not deserve that...Call me what you want, I don't CARE.
<quoted text>
then tell me why you continue to post comments? the children are gone and lisa is locked away for life, so if you are not cruel, why do you continue to lash out hateful comments on something that is done and over? why don't you let daniel, addie and lisa's REAL family deal with this with people like you? go on with your life. maybe you will find someone else to lie about. oh and here is something for you to "ha ha" about...i will continue, until the day i die, stand behind lisa and support her until she either, gets out of prison, or dies in prison. go ahead and laugh now and not think yourself cruel...
Justice

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

I was going to leave well enough alone until I saw that "Nootie" had left a snoody comment a few days ago. I can't let something like that go with out a response. And as for you, you still continue to post as well so obviously you are just as bad as I am, so who are you to talk? And, I am sure that you will support Lisa until she rots in jail. Who am I to determine how you waste the rest of your pitiful life?
GLORY wrote:
<quoted text>
then tell me why you continue to post comments? the children are gone and lisa is locked away for life, so if you are not cruel, why do you continue to lash out hateful comments on something that is done and over? why don't you let daniel, addie and lisa's REAL family deal with this with people like you? go on with your life. maybe you will find someone else to lie about. oh and here is something for you to "ha ha" about...i will continue, until the day i die, stand behind lisa and support her until she either, gets out of prison, or dies in prison. go ahead and laugh now and not think yourself cruel...
GLORY

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Justice wrote:
I was going to leave well enough alone until I saw that "Nootie" had left a snoody comment a few days ago. I can't let something like that go with out a response. And as for you, you still continue to post as well so obviously you are just as bad as I am, so who are you to talk? And, I am sure that you will support Lisa until she rots in jail. Who am I to determine how you waste the rest of your pitiful life?
<quoted text>
Exactly! Boy you must have really hated Lisa, Because all that testified against her were people that hated her even before the children died. Like I said, she is locked away, there is not a thing you can do anymore, so just go away. Oh and by the way, she still prays for you and all who lied about her.
Justice

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

And I'll be praying for you and all of those that have lied FOR her.
GLORY wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Boy you must have really hated Lisa, Because all that testified against her were people that hated her even before the children died. Like I said, she is locked away, there is not a thing you can do anymore, so just go away. Oh and by the way, she still prays for you and all who lied about her.
GLORY

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Justice wrote:
And I'll be praying for you and all of those that have lied FOR her.
<quoted text>
Good. At least I will know that if you are praying to the right God, He will know that you are praying for the wrong people because we had no reason to lie!
Justice

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Whatever
GLORY wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. At least I will know that if you are praying to the right God, He will know that you are praying for the wrong people because we had no reason to lie!
GLORY

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Justice wrote:
Whatever
<quoted text>
AMEN!
Justice

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

It's kinda like arguing with a 3 yr old..They think they know everything, and you just have to agree with them because you know that one day they will grow up and understand. It may not be today, or 5 years from now, but one day, you will know the truth, that Lisa brutally murdered those kids. I am just sorry that you don't believe that and you don't want to believe that. But, you will see as the rest of your family. That is all I have to say.
GLORY

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

Justice wrote:
It's kinda like arguing with a 3 yr old..They think they know everything, and you just have to agree with them because you know that one day they will grow up and understand. It may not be today, or 5 years from now, but one day, you will know the truth, that Lisa brutally murdered those kids. I am just sorry that you don't believe that and you don't want to believe that. But, you will see as the rest of your family. That is all I have to say.
Unlike you, i don't just "AGREE" with my 3yr old, I lead and guide and teach them the truth. Why would i want them to think they know something that they don't? Is that what you are doing? Agreeing with the liars and one day you will grow up and know the truth? Don't get mad at me, that's your philosiphy, not mine!
carla

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

how can anybody do that to children?
carla

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

i hope this idiot rots in hell
GLORY

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

carla wrote:
how can anybody do that to children?
Nobody did anything to these children.
GLORY

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

carla wrote:
i hope this idiot rots in hell
Sorry, but she won't rot in hell, she has been saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. He has a home prepared for her in Heaven.
Justice

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Well, I have tried to lead and guide and teach you the truth as you put it..by giving you evidence and facts. However, that is something that you just cannot see and will not believe. One day, when you "grow up, or grow closer to God", maybe you will finally believe the truth.
I don't have to worry about arguing with you now, because I know that when you "grow" up, God will teach you and show you the truth. By denying that Lisa killed the children and supporting her, you are only hurting yourself.
GLORY wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, i don't just "AGREE" with my 3yr old, I lead and guide and teach them the truth. Why would i want them to think they know something that they don't? Is that what you are doing? Agreeing with the liars and one day you will grow up and know the truth? Don't get mad at me, that's your philosiphy, not mine!
GLORY

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Justice wrote:
Well, I have tried to lead and guide and teach you the truth as you put it..by giving you evidence and facts. However, that is something that you just cannot see and will not believe. One day, when you "grow up, or grow closer to God", maybe you will finally believe the truth.
I don't have to worry about arguing with you now, because I know that when you "grow" up, God will teach you and show you the truth. By denying that Lisa killed the children and supporting her, you are only hurting yourself.
<quoted text>
so you say.
was at the trial

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

does anyone have any info on the appeal?
was a juror

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

was at the trial wrote:
does anyone have any info on the appeal?
i was wondering the same thing. i can't get this case out of my head the nightmares i still have. i think about the kids all the time. i close my eyes and there faces pop in my head. i wish i knew what was going on i think i will call the court house and see what they say.
Hope

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

was a juror wrote:
<quoted text> i was wondering the same thing. i can't get this case out of my head the nightmares i still have. i think about the kids all the time. i close my eyes and there faces pop in my head. i wish i knew what was going on i think i will call the court house and see what they say.
Would you say you were pressured in anyway to go against this defendant?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301 - 320 of320
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Union County Discussions

Search the Union County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC principal under investigation for allegedly ... Jun '14 Insider 10
Woman found dead in car in Marshville Mar '14 luvnut 64
Joshua Houser shoul be skinned alive Mar '14 Buck Irons 1
Marshville manager turns in her resignation (Dec '13) Feb '14 Mr Ed 66
Indian Trail mayor claims intimidation by Union... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Chris 1
Neighbors stunned after child found handcuffed ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marshville Citizen 19 5
NC Social Worker Arrested After Child Cuffed To... (Nov '13) Nov '13 foster kids drugged 3
•••
•••