Murder Case: Mother on trial in fatal...

Murder Case: Mother on trial in fatal fire

There are 320 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Oct 8, 2007, titled Murder Case: Mother on trial in fatal fire. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

“I truly believe that all things happen for a purpose; we don't always know why. But I do know that now there's a father, grandparents, an aunt or uncle, a sister and a brother that have to try to make sense of an unimaginable situation.”

Lisa Greene said she set a blanket on fire and laid it on a bookshelf outside the room where her children were sleeping Jan. 10, 2006, investigators said in court documents.

As the shelf burned, she closed the door and sat in a living room recliner, investigators say Greene told them. She left when she began to smell smoke and didn't do anything to help the children.

Daniel Macemore, 10, and his sister, Addison, 8, died of carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.

In Greene's trial, scheduled to begin today in Cabarrus County Superior Court, defense attorneys will try to suppress some of the statements investigators say she made. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
AMY

AOL

#1 Oct 18, 2007
WHAT A MONSTER HOW IN THE WORLD COULD SHE DO THIS TO HER CHILDREN. I HAVE KIDS AND THIS JUST MAKES NO SINCE.SHE HAS NO HEART OR SOUL TO KILL HER ON CHILDREN. A MOTHERS JOB IS TO PROTECT HER KIDS AND THIS IS JUST CRAZY TO HEAR HOW SOMEONE CAQN BE SOOOO EVIL.
Kellie

Huntersville, NC

#2 Oct 22, 2007
Ummmmm...did you read the entire article?? It sure seems inconclusive. Law enforcement can talk you into saying anything. I want to see/hear the evidence before declaring her guilty. That is what a trial is for.
bob

Charlotte, NC

#3 Nov 1, 2007
ok...hear it is..i have just spent 3 miserable,long ,boring days in a jury room with 35 other potential jurors for the Lisa Green case. I thank god do not have to serve as a juror since they found the 12 and 3 alternates the y needed. God bless them. I would not and could not beable to "keep an open mind" about the case since I know way to many details that others don't due to my profession as a firefighter/paramedic in Cabarrus County. Does she deserve a fair trial? Sure Everybody does,but if you have never experienced a grand jury juror pool..I sugest you come up with a better idea because it SUCKS!!! Hurry up and wait,they treat you like your the one on trial...
Mom4

United States

#4 Nov 1, 2007
Absolutely I agree with Bob on his opinion of sitting on a jury. The thing that drove me crazy was the way they kept making the jury leave the courtroom so they could discuss things we weren't supposed to hear. It seemed like at least half the trial went on with us out of the room, and then we were expected to make a judgement as to guilt. It is a crazy system. This one would be extra hard I'm sure.
Kimberly Cook

Landis, NC

#5 Nov 5, 2007
My husband is a firefighter in the county that this happened... and when the fire radio went off that night, we heard the details of this story... it shook me so much so that night I was unable to go back to sleep... and I still remember what I felt like the night this was taking place.
What goes through a person's head to give your child medication to make them groggy and then set a fire outside of the door where these little angels have no way to escape their fate... the women that gave life to them also gave them death... she should now have the same fate...
Stormy

Concord, NC

#6 Nov 7, 2007
I was also in the jury pool for this case. It was the longest 3 days of my life. Could I be fair if I was chosen? Well I am not sure about that. I am a mother of 3 and I would have a very hard time leaving my personal feelings at the door so to speak. God bless the 15 on that jury. I wish you all well and hope you have a great holiday season.
Mayberry

AOL

#7 Nov 13, 2007
Kimberly Cook wrote:
My husband is a firefighter in the county that this happened... and when the fire radio went off that night, we heard the details of this story... it shook me so much so that night I was unable to go back to sleep... and I still remember what I felt like the night this was taking place.
What goes through a person's head to give your child medication to make them groggy and then set a fire outside of the door where these little angels have no way to escape their fate... the women that gave life to them also gave them death... she should now have the same fate...
How do you know this is what happened? I recently read that Lisa Greene told the officers who took her confession that she didn't kill her kids all during the interview. I don't believe everything I read but it sure seems there is more to this case than just a woman confessing to killing her children.
Rhonda Groshon

Charlotte, NC

#8 Nov 14, 2007
I would love to believe that Lisa Green is innocent, but my heart will not allow me too. The mere fact of kids being killed melts my soul. I truly believe no matter what the circumstance is if your child was on one side of a door and there was fire between you o==o=======a loving mother would set her self aflame to save her kids thru the hell of it all. its a mothers instict to die for her children. this is one instinct that GOD instilled in every living female. < human or animal > i call it how i feel it. if im wrong GOD forgive me.
Mayberry

AOL

#9 Nov 15, 2007
Rhonda Groshon wrote:
I would love to believe that Lisa Green is innocent, but my heart will not allow me too. The mere fact of kids being killed melts my soul. I truly believe no matter what the circumstance is if your child was on one side of a door and there was fire between you o==o=======a loving mother would set her self aflame to save her kids thru the hell of it all. its a mothers instict to die for her children. this is one instinct that GOD instilled in every living female. < human or animal > i call it how i feel it. if im wrong GOD forgive me.
So any mother who doesn't die saving her children is guilty of murder and should herself be killed at the hands of the state?
know_she_is_inno cent

Sherrills Ford, NC

#10 Nov 19, 2007
Dear Mayberry,

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better.
RHONDA GROSHON

Charlotte, NC

#11 Nov 23, 2007
WHAT I SAID WAS SHE DID IT AND SHE DESERVES MORE THAN ANYTHING SHELL EVER GET. SHE MERELY BURNED HER SELFISH FOOT. WOW. YOU WOULD HAVE BURNED MORE THAN THAT. UNLESS YOU HAD OTHER PLANS OF YOUR OWN. AND OH YEA CHECK THE CHARGES AGAINST HER. ITS KIND OF FUNNY SHE WAS ARRESTED WITH MARIJUANA SHE MADE IT OUT WITH HER DRUGS BUT HOW SAD FOR THE CHILDREN. .
Mayberry

AOL

#12 Nov 25, 2007
What if she thought she had a better chance of saving her children by following the protocol set forth by EVERY fire safety program ever written which says to "go immediately outside and call for help".

Ronda, I'm wondering why you have such strong feelings against this woman. I'm wondering what you know that makes you so absolutely certain that she murdered her children. Are you a witness?
Mom4

United States

#13 Nov 26, 2007
No one who wasn't there can know exactly what happened in any situation, but it seems that popular OPINION would be that she does seem guilty, because any mother would agree their instinct would be to never leave their children in danger. Anyone familiar with mobile homes would know that in a fire, they go up extremely quickly, as in minutes. She would not have had time to go outside and hope for help to arrive in time. A situation occurred a few years ago in Midland where a single-wide mobile home caught on fire from a Christmas tree with two girls inside. Their mother was outside in the yard. She ran in to get her girls out and they all died. I remember someone who knew that family was quoted as saying that she (the mother) would have wanted to go with her children. She would never have wanted to live without them if she couldn't save them. I thought at the time and still think, that speaks for any mother. That is why this situation just rings so suspicious.
Mom4

United States

#14 Nov 26, 2007
Oops sorry for double posting.
Mayberry

AOL

#15 Nov 27, 2007
Mom4 wrote:
No one who wasn't there can know exactly what happened in any situation, but it seems that popular OPINION would be that she does seem guilty, because any mother would agree their instinct would be to never leave their children in danger. Anyone familiar with mobile homes would know that in a fire, they go up extremely quickly, as in minutes. She would not have had time to go outside and hope for help to arrive in time. A situation occurred a few years ago in Midland where a single-wide mobile home caught on fire from a Christmas tree with two girls inside. Their mother was outside in the yard. She ran in to get her girls out and they all died. I remember someone who knew that family was quoted as saying that she (the mother) would have wanted to go with her children. She would never have wanted to live without them if she couldn't save them. I thought at the time and still think, that speaks for any mother. That is why this situation just rings so suspicious.
I agree with you 100%. It would seem that any mother would react that way. However, until we've been in a situation, it's very difficult to know how we might react. My only concern is that people have already convicted this woman in the press and on these blogs, just like we convicted those Duke Lacrosse players. There seems to be a pattern in NC of rushing to make a case. I just think the woman deserves to be considered innocent until a jury of her peers deems her guilty.
sarah

United States

#16 Nov 28, 2007
i was the oldest childs friend and she lied to every one all the kids at bethel elementary the school that the two kids went to the kids there know the ture story that is only her part of the stor y the kids know the real story
Mayberry

AOL

#17 Nov 28, 2007
what is the real story?
Loving Mother

Black Mountain, NC

#18 Dec 4, 2007
I have a 7 year old daughter. She is my heartbeat. She is my life. I know that I would do anything to keep her safe. If something happened to my daughter I would feel I let her down. A mother is suppose to be a child's guardian angel - to keep him/her safe from all harm. If I couldn't save my daughter I WOULD DIE TRYING!!!
mayberry

AOL

#19 Dec 6, 2007
Loving Mother wrote:
I have a 7 year old daughter. She is my heartbeat. She is my life. I know that I would do anything to keep her safe. If something happened to my daughter I would feel I let her down. A mother is suppose to be a child's guardian angel - to keep him/her safe from all harm. If I couldn't save my daughter I WOULD DIE TRYING!!!
I hope you never have to find out.
HEAVEN BOUND

Sherrills Ford, NC

#20 Dec 11, 2007
mayberry wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you never have to find out.
Thanks for your logical comments. We as the family appreciate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Union Co. man charged in nursing home sexual as... Jan '16 Justmyopinion 3
State Senate District 35 Primary 2016 Jan '16 SouthUnionGuy 1
News Deputies charge 2 in church break-ins Jan '16 Mike Stegall 1
Why is Union County so lenient with DUI offende... (Sep '15) Sep '15 confusedandconcerned 1
News Maps still show "Negro Head Creek," 27 years af... (Oct '12) Jul '15 Toby Ansley 22
News Marshville businesses losing money after town w... (Jun '15) Jun '15 pepper 4
Autism (Apr '15) Apr '15 Mom 1
More from around the web