Mexican rodeo plans kick up dust

May 14, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Charlotte Observer

“I'm concerned he's looking for a loophole everywhere”

Thomas "Pinky" Marsh lives on his family's farm in eastern Union County and envisions permanently turning part of the land into a place called Plaza del Toros Rio Grande. via The Charlotte Observer

Comments
161 - 176 of 176 Comments Last updated Jul 2, 2012
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Marshville resident

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2010

There ain't no rodeos.
Bull Rider

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2010

There is one this coming week end at Circle J
searchin

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Joe_living_in_Monroe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate how this is good, or why you applaud Pinky's effort. Do you ever drive on 485? Have ever encountered someone driving head on in the wrong direction? If you had, you might change you view on support ILLEGAL ALIENS.
never support anything that has the word illegal in it.They can throw you in jail.LOLLLLLLLLL
RANCHHAND

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

Norma wrote:
Seriously, what is the latest on cousin Pinky? Is anything going on?
I still just do not understand why Pinky can not have a rodeo at his farm when others do all the time. I am sure he would pay any permit fees if it is a matter of money.
Sad to think he could lose his farm over this. Pathetic actually. Still I don't hold all the facts here. He is just a man trying to make a living off his land. What is wrong with that?
It is not a matter of money, it is a matter of stupidity! Farms are regulated by the state, not the county, but the commishioners do not understand that and are wasting taxpays dollars trying to prove they are right.
concern citizen

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

I just talked to my cousin, who told me of this web page and that I should read it. The more I read the more t'ed I got. She said she had signed the petition against Mr. Marsh because her husband told her to. She wishes now she had not and that probably alot of other people do too. She said if Mr. Marsh ever gets in the court room, this will make the 60's civil rights movement in Monroe miner. I would like to know how this got to this point and why should someone like myself, who lives in the northern part of the county and had nothing to do with this be paying for it. Why shouldn't this be on the shoulders of just the ones who are responsible. This is not a very good picture for Union County or it's citizens.
Laughing

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

Does anyone know what is going on with this case? Is it in limbo just like everything else?
Harold Pender

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

I would like to know as well. Like Norma I don't understand why the County is trying to tell Pinky Marsh what he can or cannot do on his own property as long as it is legal. It seems that the only complaints from neighbors turn out to be bogus:

1. Too noisy---so what? Forest Hills Football games are noisy, Trucks on 74 are noisy, Leaf blowers are noisy.

2. Drunks on the highway---so what? Drunks are always on the highway.

3. Pinky will make a lot of money--so what? Pinky will pay more taxes. That will help Union County.

Another story and picture of Pinky helping those in need was in the Home News this week.
Norma G

Wingate, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Harold Pender, you put good comments on here.

I hope Pinky gets his day in court very soon!!

Pinky is a good man. He is just trying to make a living off his farm. A few disgruntled people pretty much ruined his life. Good luck Pinky!
mexicanvoter

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

Norma G wrote:
Harold Pender, you put good comments on here.
I hope Pinky gets his day in court very soon!!
Pinky is a good man. He is just trying to make a living off his farm. A few disgruntled people pretty much ruined his life. Good luck Pinky!
I think Pinky is about to get into court with the Jay Brown case. And I also think Pinky is the one Union County is scared of not Jay Brown.
Im Sorry

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

yesterday I went to see Pinky Marsh He was very nice to me as I told him I had signed the petition at the hardware store I was totally shocked to find out how he has held up in this endevore after hearing just alittle of his story I know now why he has done what he has done I hope he and Jay Brown can bring Union County officals to their kneeds I probably was recorded I don't care I be glad to go to court with him
Reid Phifer

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

There are many people willing to testify in a court of law that yes, there was definitely a petition with many names signed in an attempt to stop what was called, "Pinky's Mexican Rodeo." There are also many that will testify as with "Im Sorry," that yes they actually not only saw the petition but signed it as well. There are now enough people completely satisfied that a petition did exist and there are investigations taking place to uncover why the county has either hidden or destroyed this document. I personally believe Bill Sturgis, the attorney that represented the county against Pinky has possession of the petition. The reason I say this is because I was in a meeting sitting beside Lee Jensen when he told Pinky which was sitting directly across the table in front of him that there was a petition and he had a copy in his office. Pinky told Jensen he would like to get a copy after the meeting was over, and Jensen said that would be fine. The meeting finished and two of Pinky's friends went step for step with Jensen to his office. Jensen supposedly look as hard as possible but could not come up with the petition, this is when he told Pinky and his friends that the attorney Bill Stugis must have the petition. Pinky told Jensen he would come back to his office the next morning and pick up his copy. The next morning when Pinky returned to his office Jensen's story has change completely, he told Pinky there never had been a petition. Stop and figure out for yourselves, is Lee Jensen actually this stupid, or did someone above him force this lie. There is a great deal of corruption in Union County that citizens should be willing to stand up and question. The problem, with the citizens of this county is they think if it is not affecting them personally they are not willing to stand up for their fellow man. One thing they are forgetting, corruption affects all citizens in one form or another, it just may come to them at a later point in time.
Jewels

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

Boy you people in Monroe sure do love your Mexicans! You have let them take over and trash your entire town. You all have them their own Walmart, soccer field, flea market, and now this? Why? I guess you all must love the Mexican Drug dealers, prostitutes, cheap labor, and crooked cops! That must be the reason you all let them stay illegally and do nothing about it. What a bunch of lazy ass Southerners. You must be ashamed of what you all have let your town turn into.
justda facts

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

In case anyone has a dictionary handy, they're ILLEGALS. Or in other words, Undocumented Democrats.
DON OXFORD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

FIRST LET ME TELL YOU PINKY IS A FRIEND OF MINE OK ..ALL YOU THAT WANT TO JUMP ON HIM ...WELL JUMP ONME OK ..HE IS TRIEING TO MAKE A LIVEING OK ..HE ALWAYS HELPED ME AND MY WIFE ...WHY ARE YOU FARMERS FUSSING IF NOT FOR THE HAND OUT YOU GET FROM THE GOVERMENT YOU WOULD GO UNDER ... I WILL BE AT THE RODEO IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PNKY OK ...LEAVE HIM ALONG ...THE BODYGUARD
Pinky economy

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

creates jobs for those that aren't scared to work.
unemployment

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

sure beats collecting an unemployment check.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Union County Discussions

Search the Union County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC principal under investigation for allegedly ... Jun '14 Insider 10
Woman found dead in car in Marshville Mar '14 luvnut 64
Joshua Houser shoul be skinned alive Mar '14 Buck Irons 1
Marshville manager turns in her resignation (Dec '13) Feb '14 Mr Ed 66
Indian Trail mayor claims intimidation by Union... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Chris 1
Neighbors stunned after child found handcuffed ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marshville Citizen 19 5
NC Social Worker Arrested After Child Cuffed To... (Nov '13) Nov '13 foster kids drugged 3
•••
•••