Bev Purdue robbing Peter to pay Paul?

Bev Purdue robbing Peter to pay Paul?

Posted in the Union County Forum

T Boone Pickens

Sanford, NC

#1 Jun 24, 2009
I have had it up to here with our new Gov. She is as bad as Easley (who belongs in jail). She violated the sacred cow by taking 88 million from the NC Education Lottery. We voters were told when the lottery passed in NC that money raised by the NC EDUCATION LOTTERY would be EXCLUSIVELY used for our schools. No if's ands or buts!

However, Gov Bev decided to try to balance the budget with funds she robbed from the sacred cow, the NC Education Lottery.

Can you believe the snake oil she's trying to peddle to the people of NC now? She is now running all around the state saying we need to raise taxes so that the state will not have to fire teachers!

If she and her allies hadn't robbed the NC EDUCATION LOTTERY there would be money in the fund not only to pay those teachers but to hire more!

Sorry Bev, we aren't buying your snake oil. When it comes time to vote for Gov you can bet I'll vote for someone else.
NC citizen

Durham, NC

#2 Jul 23, 2009
I agree that money to be used from the NC lottery was to be used for education and should not have been used for anything else. Even after taking money from the lottery, many educators' and staff salaries were still cut as well as teaching and other staff positions for the 2009-2010 school year. The State creates criteria for end-of-course testing and holds NO ONE responsible but the teacher. Why aren't students and their parents held responsible????? I rarely hear elected officials being held accountable and responsible for their unethical acts such as firing an elected official and creating another position for a crony. Will you personally, Gov. Purdue, be held legally and monetarily responsible? Or will the taxpayers of NC be left to clean up your mess just as they did with Easley?
Craig Campbell

Columbus, NC

#3 Jul 31, 2009
She is turning out to be the wolf in sheep's clothing we read about as kids. She played up to the teachers in this state "I am one of you" etc. and they helped elect her by working hard for her. Immediately after getting elected she turns her back on the teachers in this state, steals from the NC Education Lottery which runs out of money to fund education. So what does Beverly do? She goes all around the state kissing up to the teachers out of one side of her mouth while explaining to the local politicians that local districts will have to lay off teachers to meet state budget shortfalls. SHE CAUSED THIS MESS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
b&b hvac Jul '16 BBHVACfrauds 1
News Union Co. man charged in nursing home sexual as... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Justmyopinion 3
State Senate District 35 Primary 2016 (Jan '16) Jan '16 SouthUnionGuy 1
News Deputies charge 2 in church break-ins (Jan '16) Jan '16 Mike Stegall 1
Why is Union County so lenient with DUI offende... (Sep '15) Sep '15 confusedandconcerned 1
News Maps still show "Negro Head Creek," 27 years af... (Oct '12) Jul '15 Toby Ansley 22
News Marshville businesses losing money after town w... (Jun '15) Jun '15 pepper 4
More from around the web