Man killed after train hits car

Man killed after train hits car

There are 7 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Nov 1, 2009, titled Man killed after train hits car. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

We've learned the name of the man who was killed when his car was hit by a train in Union County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

oscaratmidnight

Pfafftown, NC

#1 Nov 1, 2009
I think that there are no railroad arms at
Clonnie Strawn road crossing. It was dark and foggy this morning when the accident happened. My prayers go out to the family and friends.
Concerned Marshvillian

Pfafftown, NC

#2 Nov 1, 2009
Mr Morton was a very dedicated newspaper deliveryman. While most of us slept, he was out there during all hours of darkness delivering the paper for us to read early as we sat and drank coffee. Prayers go out to his family from all of us.
Christian conservative

Sanford, NC

#3 Nov 1, 2009
Our thoughts prayers go out to his family as well. I worked at the Enquirer Journal for a while. He was good man and a very hard worker.

[email protected]

Since: May 07

Lockport, NY

#4 Nov 2, 2009
Yes this is very sad. He was a super nice guy; always friendly and good to talk to.
Lake Parker

Clover, SC

#5 Nov 2, 2009
I blogged this on the original News story site, but I will do it here as well to see if anyone knows..

We were at Red's in Monroe Sat Halloween night watching a friend of mines band play, and there was an old guy there with a real Santa beard, and boots/hat costume, who judged the costume contest. We left at around 1ish, and this happend around 2ish from what I saw on the TV. Is this the same "Santa" guy? Saw the story on a local news station that this guy was known around town as "Santa" and the DJ introduced him that way, so just would like to know if its the same guy, if anyone knows, put a blog out here for me.. thanks JP in LP
Amy

Greensboro, NC

#6 Nov 2, 2009
I myself lost A daughter at a train crossing where their were no lights and crossbars. This was on A Sunday,on Monday they were putting up the signs.I would suggest the family look into the legal situation into this crossing,because the railroad could be not on time doing their job. I always hate to read these stories.My heart goes out to this family.
Jacq

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#7 Nov 14, 2009
Lake Parker wrote:
I blogged this on the original News story site, but I will do it here as well to see if anyone knows..
We were at Red's in Monroe Sat Halloween night watching a friend of mines band play, and there was an old guy there with a real Santa beard, and boots/hat costume, who judged the costume contest. We left at around 1ish, and this happend around 2ish from what I saw on the TV. Is this the same "Santa" guy? Saw the story on a local news station that this guy was known around town as "Santa" and the DJ introduced him that way, so just would like to know if its the same guy, if anyone knows, put a blog out here for me.. thanks JP in LP
No, uncle Wesley delivered papers for the Enquirer and he was always out delivering during this time. But he was an amazing guys and yes LOTs of kids and some adults referred to him as Santa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Union Co. man charged in nursing home sexual as... Jan '16 Justmyopinion 3
State Senate District 35 Primary 2016 Jan '16 SouthUnionGuy 1
News Deputies charge 2 in church break-ins Jan '16 Mike Stegall 1
Why is Union County so lenient with DUI offende... (Sep '15) Sep '15 confusedandconcerned 1
News Maps still show "Negro Head Creek," 27 years af... (Oct '12) Jul '15 Toby Ansley 22
News Marshville businesses losing money after town w... (Jun '15) Jun '15 pepper 4
Autism (Apr '15) Apr '15 Mom 1
More from around the web