Dead Union man’s friends wonder: Why?

Apr 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Charlotte Observer

Family and friends say they want justice for their loved one, 22-year-old Josh Crowley, who died while walking along Potter Road in western Union County on April 7. “We just want answers.  We want everyone to be aware that we're hurting,” said friend Kaitlyn Pearce.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Confused

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

Yo Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how do you know she's still driving?? She is terrified to drive. Do you see her everyday?? For everyone's information....she did stop,and other walkers in that neighborhood told her to go on that she had hit a deer.Put YOUR fucking name out there since you're putting hers out!!!This is a tragic incident either way.But for all of "josh's friends" wondering "why"....maybe you all should have seen to it he got home safely.This young girl will also live with this for the rest of her life.If she had hit him with an 89' ford you wouldn't be talking so much shit.Doesn't matter that he was under the influence of anything.Pedestrians do have the right of way.....but not on the yellow line.
If your that angry, just imagine how Josh's friends and family feel. Their loved one is GONE. Hit by a vehicle and left for dead. Sorry, Yo momma, my sympathy lies with the family who's child was killed. FTR....I have hit deer before, and not one of them were walking on their hind legs. You are right, this young girl has to LIVE with it. At least she is able to LIVE with it and not DEAD.
Seriously

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

What makes you think he was walking? YOU DON'T.. Moon lit night? Wrong again.. She wasn't drinking..WRONG.. She had left her home 2 minutes before.. She wasn't texting.. Already confirmed. Well lit area? Wrong. The neighbor made a statement that he doesn't even like to drive on that road at night because it's pitch dark. What about the two other witnesses who almost hit him on two other roads? Who the hell watches the news?
Why did someone let that poor guy walk home in his condition? Many.. Who would ever think they hit a person on that rd at night? No one. This girl was so afraid that she stopped right in front of witnesses and got out of her car? WOW she was really trying to cover up something. AND what about the oncoming car?? Again you all have no idea.. NO facts.. Ignorant bliss.
Confused

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

I seen pictures of the vehicle involved. There was NO WAY a deer caused that damage. MY GOD, you can tell where his head hit the windshield. We will NEVER know if she was drinking. Remember,the owner of the vehicle only told the police a family member was driving and would not let them interview her, until way after the fact. So, is ignorance really that bliss?? Because if it is, I'm pulling that card if I ever have an accident.
I know her

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Her name is Tiffany Brook Ashcraft . She and her mom live in my neiborhood and the reason people didn't hear about her and that she did it and no one knew is because her dad paid the family and lawyer to not mention tiffanys name . She is now 18 and this case is still open and she will go to jail .
Tiss Tiss

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

She is driving lol I've seen her driving! IDC what some "walkers" said if she were "watching" the road she would know what she hit. SMH If she just wouldv'e called he would probably be alive. If someone had to tell her what she hit then she obviously didn't know herself and shouldv'e called 911 reguardless..better safe than sorry."
Tiss Tiss

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Seriously wrote:
What makes you think he was walking? YOU DON'T.. Moon lit night? Wrong again.. She wasn't drinking..WRONG.. She had left her home 2 minutes before.. She wasn't texting.. Already confirmed. Well lit area? Wrong. The neighbor made a statement that he doesn't even like to drive on that road at night because it's pitch dark. What about the two other witnesses who almost hit him on two other roads? Who the @#!*% watches the news?
Why did someone let that poor guy walk home in his condition? Many.. Who would ever think they hit a person on that rd at night? No one. This girl was so afraid that she stopped right in front of witnesses and got out of her car? WOW she was really trying to cover up something. AND what about the oncoming car?? Again you all have no idea.. NO facts.. Ignorant bliss.
Thanks for the "Facts" you left out she was going 58 in a 45, I live off that road and see just fine, but I pay attention when driving, and what about the wittness that saw her pull over get out look at her car and get right back in and go about her way. After seeing the car even if she hit a "deer" being 16,17 years old I would've been too shook up to just drive off. I would've called my dad or something.
unknown

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Did she even get a DWI and under age drinking charges
Nate

Fort Mill, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

She barely got a slap on the wrist, not even a day in jail. Pathetic and pitiful. Nice parenting slimeballs. Now she knows she never has to own up to ANYTHING, ever. She's alive, fine and still doing whatever she wants, while the other families child is dead and gone. They will never see their son again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Union County Discussions

Search the Union County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC principal under investigation for allegedly ... Jun '14 Insider 10
Woman found dead in car in Marshville Mar '14 luvnut 64
Joshua Houser shoul be skinned alive Mar '14 Buck Irons 1
Marshville manager turns in her resignation (Dec '13) Feb '14 Mr Ed 66
Indian Trail mayor claims intimidation by Union... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Chris 1
Neighbors stunned after child found handcuffed ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marshville Citizen 19 5
NC Social Worker Arrested After Child Cuffed To... (Nov '13) Nov '13 foster kids drugged 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••