Dead Union man’s friends wonder: Why?

Apr 19, 2012 Full story: The Charlotte Observer 28

Family and friends say they want justice for their loved one, 22-year-old Josh Crowley, who died while walking along Potter Road in western Union County on April 7. “We just want answers.  We want everyone to be aware that we're hurting,” said friend Kaitlyn Pearce.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mill47

Andrews, NC

#1 Apr 20, 2012
i guess some of the people who left comments, they no the person that did it, or they are the person that did it
i hope the justice for josh, money goes to a lawyer to help us get justice and NOT make this JOSH'S FAULT to clear her self, she knows she didn;t hit a blasted deer
mill47

Andrews, NC

#2 Apr 22, 2012
just let me no when this person turns herself in
Wish u knew

Irmo, SC

#3 Jul 15, 2012
What is the persons name who did this? I heard someone say Tiffany? Well I would like to know her name. I don't give a damn how important her family thinks they are. The entire family needs to pay for her actions. Her parents should be charged also. They should of been babysitting their kids instead of letting her run wild on the streets. This makes me as sick as David CRespy
Getting away with murdering his own daughters in his home while his wife had a hair appointment.
ABC

Monroe, NC

#4 Jul 15, 2012
Her parents should not pay for anything!( for the record I do not know either party) And why should they pay because someone chose to walk home drunk, in the road?? Why don't we make his parents pay or his friends that let him make that journey alone??? The whole situation is sad for all parties involved.....IT CLEARLY was an accident
neverwhere

Monroe, NC

#5 Jul 16, 2012
I'm pretty sure HIS FAMILY & FRIENDS ARE PAYING, GENIUS! How do you know it was an accident? Never heard the driver say that. Never heard her say "I'm sorry, it was an accident." Never heard her say a word! That's remorse..... So sick of hearing this WALK HOME DRUNK IN THE ROAD mess! Her car was wrecked on the passenger side, so obviously he was not in the middle of the road. If he was ON THE ROAD, perhaps she could have gotten over just a tad, since no other cars were coming. I would really like to hear her say what happened that night. Guess that's too much to ask.
Wish u knew

Irmo, SC

#6 Jul 16, 2012
ABC wrote:
Her parents should not pay for anything!( for the record I do not know either party) And why should they pay because someone chose to walk home drunk, in the road?? Why don't we make his parents pay or his friends that let him make that journey alone??? The whole situation is sad for all parties involved.....IT CLEARLY was an accident
.... Listen dumbass. He was of age and chose to walk home instead of drive drunk. She is a 17 yr old who shouldn't have been driving after 9. Also she shouldn't have been drinking period! So get your shit straight before u open your mouth about something u clearly know nothing about. Until then stfu
Wish u knew

Irmo, SC

#7 Jul 16, 2012
By the way I don't know either parties and it's a good thing I do not know her. So maybe u shouldnt be driving either if u r not smart enough to realize the legalities befor getting behind the wheel. Smartass blame josh because he was walking on a public street. Go back to where u came from because clearly u r not from around here!!!
Gypsy In NC

Monroe, NC

#8 Jul 16, 2012
I am a very close friend of the victim, Josh Crowley... Josh chose to do the right thing, walk away from a heated situation and clear his head, Her car was clearly damaged in two places, she knew that was not a dear, she just chose to leave the scene and hide it, thinking no one would have seen her on that dark lonely road, there were no houses around,... it was a brightly lit night, he was wearing neon colors and he was not a little person, She knew what she did, or she would have come forward the minute it was on the news that a silver lexus had been involved in fatal hit and run... It took her several days to come forward and say it could have been her... I dont know about yall but that fact alone makes her and her rich parents look guilty as sin! She is still driving... Do you feel safe on the road, she had to have been speeding and not paying attention, probably texting... that is the only way she could have lost control enough to have hit him! Her name is Tiffany Ashcraft, the DA informed me that they are waiting on a special investigation to come from the Troopers... they would not comment on what it was they were investigating... I figure they are trying to determine her speed, and where he hit and if she very likely saw him hit the windshield!
neverwhere

Monroe, NC

#9 Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for the update, Gypsy In NC. I remember reading in the paper that she was doing 58mph in a 45mph zone. Just praying this doesn't fall through the cracks.....
Wish u knew

Crossville, TN

#10 Jul 16, 2012
Thank you for the update I don't know Josh but this story has made my blood boil. Yes she knew exactly what she did. If she would have stopped he may have had a chance. But she ran home to mommy and daddy and know they want to lawyer up. It makes me sick!!
Concerned

Monroe, NC

#11 Jul 18, 2012
Let's all remember that "A PASSENGER HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY"! There's a petition up at: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/justice-fo... . Spread the word!!
just a friend

Charlotte, NC

#12 Jul 18, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Let's all remember that "A PASSENGER HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY"! There's a petition up at: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/justice-fo... . Spread the word!!
Don't you mean "PEDESTRIAN"?
Who is she

Piscataway, NJ

#13 Jul 22, 2012
Where is Tiffany from and why does everyone keep saying "her parents money", etc... I have never heard of her.
theRooster

United States

#14 Jul 22, 2012
ok goodluck geting JUSTICE out of this Bunch of Dirty Corrupt Pervets this is the Dirtest County in the United States ,but you can Sue ther Sorry Assses
Confused

Monroe, NC

#15 Jul 26, 2012
Sure hope whoever is holding this up gets their head out of their rear. Joshua deserves justice. His family deserves justice. There are hit and runs almost daily in the paper and there are 2 differences. First, the suspect is always arrested and charged Second, Its not Union County it happens in. I'm ready to fight for Justice for Joshua, anybody else??
Gypsy in NC

Waxhaw, NC

#16 Aug 14, 2012
She has yet to be charged, why cause her relatives are filthy rich like the ones over in Weddington in the giant houses... Family is a long line of elected officials, this one is corrupt as crap! It has been too long, and little girl if you are out there reading this, you are here by warned and told, YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS!!! IF THE LAW DONT GET YA, SOMEONE WILL, JOSH HAD TOO MANY FRIENDS TO LET YOU WALK AROUND FREE AND EASY CAUSE YOUR FAMILY AND THIS COUNTY HAS MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS, TOMORROW MORNING, THE STATE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATIONS ARE GOING TO BE CALLED, AND ANSWERS ARE GOING TO BE GIVEN!!! YOU BETTER NOT GO OUT ALONE, GOD FORBID YOU ARE EVER WALKING DOWN THE SIDE OF A HWY... SOMEONE MIGHT MISTAKE YOUR LYING EVIL ASS FOR A DEER!!!!!!!
Confused wrote:
Sure hope whoever is holding this up gets their head out of their rear. Joshua deserves justice. His family deserves justice. There are hit and runs almost daily in the paper and there are 2 differences. First, the suspect is always arrested and charged Second, Its not Union County it happens in. I'm ready to fight for Justice for Joshua, anybody else??
Gypsy in NC

Waxhaw, NC

#17 Aug 14, 2012
ABC wrote:
Clearly an accident, what is that ridiculous statement based on, if it was, lets let a judge decide instead of the crooked cops and in their pocket DA! for the record, she is a minor, so her parents should have to pay and pay dearly the same way Joshs family is having to pay... and lets get this straight here and frigging now... IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO WALK AND BE DRUNK, HOWEVER IT IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL TO RUN OVER A MAN AND LEAVE HIM TO DIE ON THE SIDE OF HTE ROAD BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD FOR WHAT EVER REASON, I DONT CARE IF JOSH WAS WALKING THE DAMN YELLOW LINE, SHE HAD FRIGGING BRAKES!!! IT WAS A CLEAR NIGHT, A LONG STRAIGHT STRETCH, HE WAS WEARING NEON CLOTHES, HE WAS NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG, SHE WAS, AND IF THE LAW DONT GET HER SOMEONE ELSE WILL! kARMA IS A BITCH!!!! FOR THE RECORD, HIS BODY HIT HER RIGHT SIDE, HE HIT HER WINDSHIELD, COULD SOMETHING DRESSED IN NEON ORANGE THAT WAS OVER 6 FEET TALL SMACK YOUR WINDSHIELD AND YOU NOT SEE IT, I DONT THINK SO, WHY SHOULD JOSHS FAMILY HAVE TO PAY BECAUSE THAT EVIL LITTLE BITCH KILLED HIMM, THINK ABOUT THAT.. VICTIMS PAYING FINES AND DOING PRISON SENTENCES FOR THE ATTACKER, YEA THAT MAKES SENSE, DUMBASS!!!!
Yo Mama

Durham, NC

#18 Aug 16, 2012
Gypsy In NC wrote:
I am a very close friend of the victim, Josh Crowley... Josh chose to do the right thing, walk away from a heated situation and clear his head, Her car was clearly damaged in two places, she knew that was not a dear, she just chose to leave the scene and hide it, thinking no one would have seen her on that dark lonely road, there were no houses around,... it was a brightly lit night, he was wearing neon colors and he was not a little person, She knew what she did, or she would have come forward the minute it was on the news that a silver lexus had been involved in fatal hit and run... It took her several days to come forward and say it could have been her... I dont know about yall but that fact alone makes her and her rich parents look guilty as sin! She is still driving... Do you feel safe on the road, she had to have been speeding and not paying attention, probably texting... that is the only way she could have lost control enough to have hit him! Her name is Tiffany Ashcraft, the DA informed me that they are waiting on a special investigation to come from the Troopers... they would not comment on what it was they were investigating... I figure they are trying to determine her speed, and where he hit and if she very likely saw him hit the windshield!
Just how do you know she's still driving?? She is terrified to drive. Do you see her everyday?? For everyone's information....she did stop,and other walkers in that neighborhood told her to go on that she had hit a deer.Put YOUR fucking name out there since you're putting hers out!!!This is a tragic incident either way.But for all of "josh's friends" wondering "why"....maybe you all should have seen to it he got home safely.This young girl will also live with this for the rest of her life.If she had hit him with an 89' ford you wouldn't be talking so much shit.Doesn't matter that he was under the influence of anything.Pedestrians do have the right of way.....but not on the yellow line.
ComputerIndustry Since1982
#19 Aug 16, 2012
Gypsy, you're not posting anonymously so I'd be careful of making threats. Your IP address can be traced back to you.

Secondly, here's the law regarding pedestrians in NC:

Under North Carolina law, pedestrians have the right of way at all intersections and driveways.
However, pedestrians must act responsibly, using pedestrian signals where they are available.
When crossing the road at any other point than a marked or unmarked crosswalk or when walking
along or upon a highway, a pedestrian has a statutory duty to yield the right of way to all vehicles
on the roadway. It is the duty of pedestrians to look before starting across a highway, and in the
exercise of reasonable care for their own safety, to keep a timely lookout for approaching motor
vehicle traffic.

Also:
(d) Where sidewalks are provided, it shall be unlawful for any pedestrian to walk along and
upon an adjacent roadway. Where sidewalks are not provided, any pedestrian walking
along and upon a highway shall, when practicable, walk only on the extreme left of the
roadway or its shoulder facing traffic which may approach from the opposite direction. Such
pedestrian shall yield the right-of-way to approaching traffic.

(e) Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, every driver of a vehicle shall exercise
due care to avoid colliding with any pedestrian upon any roadway, and shall give warning
by sounding the horn when necessary, and shall exercise proper precaution upon
observing any child or any confused or incapacitated person upon a roadway.

Here's the link: http://www.ncdot.gov/bikeped/download/bikeped...

As tragic as this accident was both people bear responsibility under the law for the accident.
That being said I do believe she should have at least been arrested and then released to her parents for leaving the scene of an accident. Murder charges, no, that is too extreme for this case as both bear responsibility in it.
Friend

Charlotte, NC

#20 Aug 22, 2012
Yo Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how do you know she's still driving?? She is terrified to drive. Do you see her everyday?? For everyone's information....she did stop,and other walkers in that neighborhood told her to go on that she had hit a deer.Put YOUR fucking name out there since you're putting hers out!!!This is a tragic incident either way.But for all of "josh's friends" wondering "why"....maybe you all should have seen to it he got home safely.This young girl will also live with this for the rest of her life.If she had hit him with an 89' ford you wouldn't be talking so much shit.Doesn't matter that he was under the influence of anything.Pedestrians do have the right of way.....but not on the yellow line.
Why would she be terrified? She only thought she hit a deer remember? Such BS...she hit that boy and left him there to die! I hope she has nightmares every night! I hope the ones helping cover this up has nightmares too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randy Travis' name no longer on 'Welcome to Mar... Mon Stop Now 20
NC principal under investigation for allegedly ... Jun '14 Insider 10
Woman found dead in car in Marshville (Mar '14) Mar '14 luvnut 64
Joshua Houser shoul be skinned alive (Mar '14) Mar '14 Buck Irons 1
Marshville manager turns in her resignation (Dec '13) Feb '14 Mr Ed 66
Indian Trail mayor claims intimidation by Union... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Chris 1
Neighbors stunned after child found handcuffed ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marshville Citize... 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Union County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••