Randy Travis' name no longer on 'Welc...

Randy Travis' name no longer on 'Welcome to Marshville' signs

There are 31 comments on the The Charlotte Observer story from Aug 31, 2014, titled Randy Travis' name no longer on 'Welcome to Marshville' signs. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

MARSHVILLE Something's missing from the new "Welcome to Marshville" signs – they no longer say "Home of Randy Travis."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Just watching the show & LOL..”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 1, 2014
Never sold have been; he was just a small time drunk burglar/thief and morphed into a self centered drunk who never did anything FOR Marshville.

Location hidden

#2 Sep 1, 2014
Never SHOULD have been.
Woodshop

Morven, NC

#3 Sep 1, 2014
I agree with kevin luvnut
HomeTowner

Wadesboro, NC

#4 Sep 1, 2014
luvnut wrote:
Never sold have been; he was just a small time drunk burglar/thief and morphed into a self centered drunk who never did anything FOR Marshville.
Still sucking on that same old lemon. You must be really jealous of him -- you never miss a chance to gripe about something.
I guess it could be because he has millions that like to listen to him, and everybody keeps wanting you to shut up!!!

Akron, OH

#5 Sep 2, 2014
Marshville - sounds swampy. Anyway, enjoy your sleezy smutty muddy reputation for undeserved jeers 'n' smears on a Star whose stardust won't be lighting your swamptown.
Marc W

Akron, OH

#6 Sep 2, 2014
Well maybe when things die down we'll see 'Shubie-Duuby-Duu' on the sign. Tell Me Schuby, do you ....do? I am sure Randy's Travis will soon forget the clutter in your brain and forget all about tiny little you!!
Observer

Landrum, SC

#8 Sep 3, 2014
To post # 7:
Well, you did get the 'Troll' part right.
FMJ

Morven, NC

#9 Sep 3, 2014
Instead of "Home of Randy Travis" , I say "Oprah got slapped here" would be more fitting.

Akron, OH

#10 Sep 3, 2014
Peace and Blessings on Marshville and Randy Travis and Family!
Marshville Taxpayer

Matthews, NC

#11 Sep 6, 2014
Has nothing to do with Randy. Has to do with cheap, PLASTIC construction, which were paid a bundle for and they broke as the old signs were being installed. Did you idiots not notice the holes and cracks in the old plastic signs????? It has nothing to do with poor Randy, who is suffering terrible health problems. Randy needs and deserves our prayers. However cheap, plastic signs which were done by the felon mayor's friends at a great cost to the taxpayers of Marshville, well, you just go figure. The felon mayor was the one who started the big conversation about this in the Observer last week. Get a life and worry about whether or not the next time you flush your toilet or turn on your faucet, that you have water. This town needs a new mayor, someone needs to step up next year. Randy is very much respected and honored in the Marshville Museum, if any of you nuts would ever bother to step inside. You don't even have a clue. You don't show up to the meetings in town hall. You deserve what you get!!!!

Location hidden

#12 Sep 7, 2014
Marshville Taxpayer wrote:
Has nothing to do with Randy. Has to do with cheap, PLASTIC construction, which were paid a bundle for and they broke as the old signs were being installed. Did you idiots not notice the holes and cracks in the old plastic signs????? It has nothing to do with poor Randy, who is suffering terrible health problems. Randy needs and deserves our prayers. However cheap, plastic signs which were done by the felon mayor's friends at a great cost to the taxpayers of Marshville, well, you just go figure. The felon mayor was the one who started the big conversation about this in the Observer last week. Get a life and worry about whether or not the next time you flush your toilet or turn on your faucet, that you have water. This town needs a new mayor, someone needs to step up next year. Randy is very much respected and honored in the Marshville Museum, if any of you nuts would ever bother to step inside. You don't even have a clue. You don't show up to the meetings in town hall. You deserve what you get!!!!
THAT has to be the funniest comment EVER! "Poor Randy"..........ROTFLMAO! His health issues are the result of his lifestyle...his choices! TOO funny.
pappy

Ava, IL

#13 Sep 7, 2014
I think it's a shame that people don't realize that he is just a man who makes mistakes, but still has God given talent that should be shared with the world. Just enjoy the music, but you don't have to follow his example.
Marshville Neighbor

Indian Trail, NC

#14 Sep 8, 2014
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT has to be the funniest comment EVER! "Poor Randy"..........ROTFLMAO! His health issues are the result of his lifestyle...his choices! TOO funny.
Regardless of whether or not his health issues were a result of his lifestyle, he still deserves PRAYER!! No one, no matter what they have done, deserves to be refused prayer.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 9, 2014
Marshville Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of whether or not his health issues were a result of his lifestyle, he still deserves PRAYER!! No one, no matter what they have done, deserves to be refused prayer.
Ok.....PRAY! Ain't doing any good but go ahead...PRAY!
hole in the wall

Orange, NJ

#16 Sep 9, 2014
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
OK pray a MACK truck runs over your sorry ass.
Citizen

Rockwell, NC

#17 Sep 9, 2014
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez.... You are just a nasty little piece of work, aren't you?

Don't you ever get tired of being such a jacka$$?
We sure get tired of it!!
Marshville Neighbor

Mooresville, NC

#18 Sep 10, 2014
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I will PRAY!!! I will pray that you really do have compassion for other people and that the way you act on this site is just some big front to make you feel good about yourself. It must be a terrible life always being negative and never having anything positive to say.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 10, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text>
OK pray a MACK truck runs over your sorry ass.
Well THAT'S mean...I DO have feelings ya know.
Stop Now

Charlotte, NC

#20 Sep 15, 2014
HomeTowner wrote:
<quoted text>
Still sucking on that same old lemon. You must be really jealous of him -- you never miss a chance to gripe about something.
I guess it could be because he has millions that like to listen to him, and everybody keeps wanting you to shut up!!!
I woke up in a bad mood. That is until I read all this bitching about Union County Officials from The Nut. My God, are you really That Miserable? Please go take a course in Spelling. Oh, and the comment 'Still sucking on that same old lemon'...I'm still laughing!!! That's Great. Funniest thing I've heard in a along Time. Yes, you are so right. The Nut is Jealous and obviously Very Unhappy. Hey Nut, go Get A Job!!
Stop Now

Charlotte, NC

#21 Sep 15, 2014
Do all of you in this little town always get along this good? I live 3 hrs away but go through Marshville on my way to Oak Island. I didn't even notice the sign last Saturday. Tell me Hometowner, are all the Judges and Cops really crooked there??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marshville mayor says he will risk jail time ov... Jan '17 luvnut 1
News Peachland-Polkton Elementary teacher murdered (Mar '10) Oct '16 dellahna121 2
Union County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Rec... Oct '16 Aiden 2
b&b hvac (Jul '16) Jul '16 BBHVACfrauds 1
News Union Co. man charged in nursing home sexual as... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Justmyopinion 3
State Senate District 35 Primary 2016 (Jan '16) Jan '16 SouthUnionGuy 1
News Deputies charge 2 in church break-ins (Jan '16) Jan '16 Mike Stegall 1
More from around the web