Middlebourne discusses police force

Middlebourne discusses police force

There are 35 comments on the Tyler Star News story from Jan 18, 2008, titled Middlebourne discusses police force. In it, Tyler Star News reports that:

“He comes highly recommended from both Paden City and Sistersville”

Middlebourne Council has granted Mayor Gayla Fisher permission to explore police protection avenues for the town. via Tyler Star News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tyler Star News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned resident

Parsons, WV

#1 Jan 30, 2008
My personal opinion, if something isnt done soon about Shannon Huffman, someone will take matters into their own hands.Im not saying I myself will do it but their are a lot of people talking on the streets. Yesterday Huffman pulled over 13 vehicles in an hour and a half, im not sure if their are that many people even doing something illegal in Middlebourne. Huffman is only looking for another chance to push his authority, why isnt anyone doing anything about this?
concerned resident 2

Green Spring, WV

#2 Jan 31, 2008
I couldnt agree with you more good sir or madam.Its about time someone steps up and says something about it.The other day i was talking to a woman who was checking and said one of the police SUVS came within just a few feet of her as they were flying down the road, with their lights off.If they can do this just whenever they want why cant we?I think im going to get me a set of handcuffs and start rollin' in the citizens arrests!
Concerned citizen

Gallipolis, OH

#3 Jan 31, 2008
I know what you all mean im not frm middlebourne but the police is the same way here. They will pull you over for not using your turn signals but what do we do when they dont use them which is all the time. I think its very unfair ,what because they are cops there allowed to. And about them pulling so many people over i think at the end of the year they have to have a certain amount of tickets written or they get into trouble. Im not forsure on this but i have heard that . so when the end of the yea comes along they have to pull over lots of people and write them tickets so they dont get into trouble for not doing there job.

Since: Aug 07

next to the crick

#4 Feb 14, 2008
What is meant by the comment "something must be done about Shannon Huffman"?

What needs to be done in the 'bourne is cleaning up the drug problems.
Ms wantmytownback

Petersburg, WV

#6 Feb 14, 2008
Imperious Fig wrote:
What is meant by the comment "something must be done about Shannon Huffman"?
What needs to be done in the 'bourne is cleaning up the drug problems.
Im from "the bourne" or whatever it is you wanna call it, and as far as i knew the drug problems had pretty much been taken care of besides a couple juveniles who are out being kids, minding their own business, buy yet being harassed along with those of us who dont have a drug problem. I thought the methamphetamine bust was sufficient enough, it was there and it got taken down quickly...if theirs a need for cleaning up the drugs so bad then why havent they been cleaned up, no one gets busted for drugs, all i hear about is people afraid to leave their house because they dont want pulled over AGAIN for reasons like having a light out when you know damn well the light works. I guess we need some citizen arrests for all of the things the cops do like fly up and down the road for no reason or failure to use signals. I belive their was a young man from sistersville named Josh Rice who already brought all this to everyones attention, and i believe i should throw my two cents in now,as should everyone else, maybe one day the proper authority will do something about it.
TC taxpayer

United States

#7 Mar 11, 2008
What the hell does Deputy Huffman have to do with a Middlebourne police force? I pay taxes for those guys to do their job, and they are doing it. The people of Middlebourne and Tyler Co. better open their eyes and shut their mouth, things are far worse than most people think. That little meth bust in town didnt hurt the drug business in town, it just moved it off of main street. If the people of the county knew what was goin on they'd want more than 3 deputies, believe me. Wait an see, you'll be surprised.

Who are these badass people talking on "the street" that are going to do something about "Huffman"? Hell, theres only two, three streets at the most, not hard to figure what street they are talking on, and at what bar in Middlebourne they are talking from. LOL, im sure they're upstanding citizens who have nothing to fear from the law, after all DUI is only illegal if you get caught.
Did anyone happen to see the discussions in the Middlebourne Topix about the misfortune of the Sawyer child that left this world much too soon? I supposed DUI charges should only be enforced after an accident. The nerve of the cops around here, who do they think they are when they pull people over for driving a vehicle in a manor they arent supposed to. Even if it is trivial such as not using turn signals. I'd bet anything the guy that hit the Evans family showed signs of driving impared before that fateful incident.
Think about bashing any police oficer next time you see one pulling someone over, he could've just saved your life or the life of a loved one by doing that.

Hey im all for drinking and having a good time, but DONT DRIVE while your impared. See ya.
Josh Rice

Bishop, CA

#8 Jul 23, 2008
Ms wantmytownback wrote:
<quoted text>
Im from "the bourne" or whatever it is you wanna call it, and as far as i knew the drug problems had pretty much been taken care of besides a couple juveniles who are out being kids, minding their own business, buy yet being harassed along with those of us who dont have a drug problem. I thought the methamphetamine bust was sufficient enough, it was there and it got taken down quickly...if theirs a need for cleaning up the drugs so bad then why havent they been cleaned up, no one gets busted for drugs, all i hear about is people afraid to leave their house because they dont want pulled over AGAIN for reasons like having a light out when you know damn well the light works. I guess we need some citizen arrests for all of the things the cops do like fly up and down the road for no reason or failure to use signals. I belive their was a young man from sistersville named Josh Rice who already brought all this to everyones attention, and i believe i should throw my two cents in now,as should everyone else, maybe one day the proper authority will do something about it.
I am very suprised that people care about what i did it is very hard for a young man like myself to be taken seriously and i also was seriously thinkin on running for mayor of sistersville consedring my fatehr is the x mayor i actually know alott about politics and now that i know my front page article was such a big topic im thinkin on building a campaign for the next election i feel the problems in this area needs to be fixed or their will be nothing left of this area but tumble weeds.
Josh Rice

Bishop, CA

#9 Jul 23, 2008
TC taxpayer it is not even about dui good taxpayers who havent touched a drug or drop in their life are being pulled over for bullshit so don't act like you know everything that is going on my grandfather who is a a war vet now a a well respected preacher in sistersville got pulled over for going 36 in a 35 come on now and was asked if there was any drugs in the car you don't see that as a problem well my friend then you are the one blind if the police force would do a little more detective work and bus t the ones who need busted then there wouldn't be anyone bitching now would there.Oh yea another topic my friend wich was Sawyer close friend and his mothers was driving in town and a cop wich was flying without blues on almost t boned hi right werew his 6 year old little girl was because he was texting on his cell phone and when he was confronted bye my frined he couldnt even give him and simple sorry so it goes on both sides once again im stating facts not trying to make any enemies i belive in police but not when they act like kids and its just like them hanging with teeny girls im a married man what do you think my wife would do if she seen me sitting acrossed form the BP talking to teenage girls well let me tell you it wouldn t be pretty when i got home thank you all for your time and take care
Middlebourneresi dentminor

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2008
I'm underage, but I've seen it all. Drug busts should be happening more often and Tyler Consolidated needs more police or more random Dog searches I feel.

The cops of Middlebourne and Tyler County don't seem to do their job. They seem spread out and no where near town. I've heard from various sources that using 911 in Middlebourne for police is just like shooting your own toe off. Useless.

I won't butt into politics or anything but I feel it's time the police that are to be protecting our lives start doing just that.

A nice example of what I mean is when I was 5 you could walk around and leave your door unlocked and here I am at 15 3/4 and you can't even sleep in peace if your door is unlocked.

Thank you for listening to my thoughts.
TC Taxpayer

Ithaca, NY

#11 Apr 1, 2009
Whoo Hooo! The TCSO hires another deputy! I hope this helps scare the dope pushers out of Tyler Co.
I hope they can hire a couple more, then they will have the manpower to do some damage to the Sh@#bags selling pills to little kids!
bobbi boo

Sistersville, WV

#12 Apr 2, 2009
I certainly agree TC Taxpayer this county has a lot of problems concerning the drugs and underage drinking and now maybe with the extra deputy this will help the dept. to a certain degree.
I'm all for Deputy Huffman partroling and stopping speeders. He has certainly helped the people in tyler co.
Now maybe they can stop some of the reckless driving of the tractor trailers on Tyler Highway since opening of the detour. Many drive fine,but they are in the minority. Where are the officers NOW?
TC resident3

United States

#13 Apr 3, 2009
The only people that are mad about the police pulling people over, is the ones that are doing something illegal!! Just abide by the law (whether it's not speeding, using a turn signal, or something more drastic)and you won't have to worry about getting pulled over!!

I'm all for pulling people over if they are doing something wrong! After all that is there job! They are protecting us!

Us being- Your kids- your grandparents-and everybody else that you love!
Concerned

United States

#14 Apr 13, 2010
Glad someone else has noticed ,a certain Officer Paying a bit more attention to Teenage Girls than they should , Both in Public and in Private ,Most towns people know what I'm speaking of ,yet nothing is done , another incident swept under the rug. How would the Officer feel if it were his daughter , or close relation being taken advantage of??( Under Age is still Underage) Puling over speeders and DUI's doesn't bother me , but messing with our Children does.,When i asked a local attorney what to do or if I could do anything about it, i was threatened with charges if i said anything..What a sad situation , Well if any Victim reads this post , PLEASE be strong and stand up to this outrage You will have Support ,Don't let this happen to another..
Bob Dawson

Princeton, WV

#15 Apr 14, 2010
You'll never beat Dave Fox for mayor Josh Rice! First you'll need to learn how to write. What a laugh!

“BAZINGA!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#16 May 12, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Glad someone else has noticed ,a certain Officer Paying a bit more attention to Teenage Girls than they should , Both in Public and in Private ,Most towns people know what I'm speaking of ,yet nothing is done , another incident swept under the rug. How would the Officer feel if it were his daughter , or close relation being taken advantage of??( Under Age is still Underage) Puling over speeders and DUI's doesn't bother me , but messing with our Children does.,When i asked a local attorney what to do or if I could do anything about it, i was threatened with charges if i said anything..What a sad situation , Well if any Victim reads this post , PLEASE be strong and stand up to this outrage You will have Support ,Don't let this happen to another..
Agreed! I hope some day sooner rather than later, we can stop the harrassment on every level
Anonymous

Lubbock, TX

#19 Jul 27, 2010
i know they are alot of people that would love to get ahold of huffman but you got to think hes only doin his job.if it wasnt for him and his other officers this county wont be safe...And i hope you understand what im tryin to say
Road Hog

Lubbock, TX

#20 Jul 29, 2010
Maybe for those who are complaining about the police doing there jobs is maybe becuase your mad that you have been in trouble and now you don't like the them. Also they just doing there jobs just as if you would be working at your job. The only difference is they are trying to keep all the streets clean from you drug attics and drunks so they don't hurt kids or cause accidents on the road. So quit your freaking complaing and deal with the fact that they are just doing their dam jobs.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#21 Aug 1, 2010
Amazing how you all complain about the police force in Middlebourne. Instead of complaining, you all should feel lucky that you have police close to your doorstep in time of need! How long does it take a cop to get to your door in Middlebourne if let's say someone is holding a gun to your head, maybe 5 minutes at the most. Well, try living out in the sticks of TC where it can take 20-30 minutes or more for help! Yeah, I really think you all need to simmer down & be a little thankful.
green hornet

Pearisburg, VA

#22 Aug 10, 2010
let police do their job and shut up!
Chubb

United States

#23 Oct 2, 2010
Police are good..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sistersville Police Biased? (Feb '15) Jul '17 FakkYou 2
News Valley's population continuing to decline (Mar '15) Mar '15 Pravo8 1
News Sistersville Council terminates employment base... (Jun '13) Oct '14 TylerResident 79
News Man faces charges after deadly hit and run in T... (Sep '14) Sep '14 really 4
News Shriver receives bond reduction (Jun '14) Jul '14 unknown 2
sam ash (May '14) Jun '14 matt ash 2
lemasters..slumlords . liars (Jun '12) Apr '14 PAT 4
More from around the web