Homeless
David Breedlove

Bellevue, NE

#1 Dec 26, 2009
The Bible says:"to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free...and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house..." Isaiah 58:6&7.
There is no more Yonder's farm in Twiggs County, but the homeless, mentally ill. outcast poor you will have with you always. There is no place for them, except perhaps the county care home. Who will pick up the torch?
Many are crippled, useless, and are rejected by their own families. Many have obnoxious or crude habits, or are just confused. The reason that some are chronically homeless is that nobody wants them. They would be happy to have the roof of an empty building over their heads or a camp outside of town where the cops won’t run them off.
They would like to feel protected. You want the police to protect you in your own home, and they want the same protection. Protection from the gunfire and violence that they experience as they huddle under a plastic tarp or sheet of plywood through the long, terrifying night. Protection from the daily discrimination of the more affluent, the property owners, business people, and shoppers who are disturbed at the very sight of these worn out, grubby “bums.”
The don't need a homeless shelter, the city needs it to shelter the homeless but they need a home until they can help themselves. They need a home in their own locality where they can go and feel as free and safe as you and I in our homes, or at least some place to focus on when they say; “I want to go home now.”
When you are tired and weary you want to go home. These people are tired and weary—all of them—I saw it in their faces, every one of them. I didn’t see anyone who was not tired and weary in the extreme. It is because they have no place to call home.
Do you have a home that can be shared? If you have a house that is empty let somebody have it. It can be derelict, unfit to live in by anyone but one who has no chance to buy or even rent a home. How many times have I heard it said,“Who would want to rent a house to them!
You can now legally deed your unwanted house; property, empty lot or building to the homeless and send some homeless people over there to fix it up. Someone can move into a place they can call home—a home that you provided! You will never again have to worry about your unsafe dwelling and being cited to court because you have a place you can't fix. Just give it away and take the tax write off.
If you don’t have a place to give, but the Lord has blessed you with plenty, give of your means to assist these, the least of the brethren, in providing and remodeling homes for the homeless.
Soon there will be a place for them. Dozens are out there, exposed to the elements, waiting and defenseless against the hostility that surrounds them. Many of them need God’s saving grace in their lives, but they have not seen anything but disdain, fear and loathing from otherwise good Christians.
Many more are just fallen on hard times and need a hand up. I don't mean you have to support them forever, just give them a hand, there will be plenty more to help after they are free of their need for you. It’s hard to get a job when you don’t have a car, even harder when you don’t have a home, a shower, a place to clean up or even get a good night’s sleep. Many of these “least of the brethren” are also the very last people someone would even want to hire.
Many of these brothers, sisters, and friends would be glad to work for free, for food, a place to clean up, or a place to lie down safe for once. Many of the homeless are helpless and can’t work but they need just as much, and sometimes much more than any of us who are healthy and well fed.
If you can't do anything to help, you can at least quit discriminating against the unfortunate bums, mentally ill, alcoholic, or drug addicts and remember--but for the grace of god, there goes you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twiggs County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SCEI-1BLOOD Cult Member Arrested for Aggravated... (Jun '13) Jan '16 Teri 6
News Kidnapping suspect, victim found in Twiggs traf... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Juju 1
News Ga. high court removes, bars suspended judge (Jul '10) Apr '14 Good people break... 2
News Twiggs judge who was removed from office runnin... (Jun '12) Apr '14 Good people break... 4
The Yonder song (Jul '09) Jan '14 Yonder 3
News Woman seriously hurt in I-16 accident in Twiggs... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Cindi 1
News Twiggs Library Construction Slated to Begin in ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Twiggs County Res... 1
More from around the web