Hearing explores work at church by Tw...

Hearing explores work at church by Twiggs employees

There are 2 comments on the The Macon Telegraph story from Sep 1, 2011, titled Hearing explores work at church by Twiggs employees. In it, The Macon Telegraph reports that:

Twiggs County Commission Chairman Ray Bennett testified Thursday that he knew about a court order prohibiting county crews from working on private property, but that he ordered work done on a church because it was the right thing for the county and the church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Macon Telegraph.

GRL

Kathleen, GA

#1 Sep 1, 2011
I can not believe this county commissioner is being attacked like this for the county helping a burned out church remove debris. It has to be more for those 2 other commissioners to even go after him for helping the members of a church. By the way the church members do pay taxes in Twiggs County.
GRL

Kathleen, GA

#2 Sep 1, 2011
Mr. Bennett helped Old Marion Church one of the Historical places in Twiggs County and place of worship to many of your citizens. If that's all he did Twiggs County, come on folks!!! Find something else to go after him for, not for helping a burned out church remove debris. Governments all over this country assist churches in a situation like this if there any good in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twiggs County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SCEI-1BLOOD Cult Member Arrested for Aggravated... (Jun '13) Jan '16 Teri 6
News Kidnapping suspect, victim found in Twiggs traf... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Juju 1
News Ga. high court removes, bars suspended judge (Jul '10) Apr '14 Good people break... 2
News Twiggs judge who was removed from office runnin... (Jun '12) Apr '14 Good people break... 4
The Yonder song (Jul '09) Jan '14 Yonder 3
News Woman seriously hurt in I-16 accident in Twiggs... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Cindi 1
News Twiggs Library Construction Slated to Begin in ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Twiggs County Res... 1