Hair attacks force Ohio Amish to seek outside help

Oct 15, 2011 Full story: KSRO-AM Santa Rosa

Leaders within Ohio's Amish community faced a soul-searching question after what they say were hair-cutting attacks against several followers of their faith.

Full Story
listen

Sparta, TN

#1 Oct 15, 2011
"Full Story" page is blank on my computer. Anyone else have this?
Joseph

Lebanon, NH

#2 Nov 6, 2011
There was a story on CNN on this, this morning. They are just reaping what they sowed. If they cannot work this out between the groups, they deserve all the federal and FBI judgment they get.

All the notable people of both Old and New Testaments had beards. It may not be a requirement either way neither is it a problem. The Amish have those funny beards without mustaches, as well as many other traditions. I guess they chose here to not practice Christ's teaching about turning the other cheek. Frankly many of their teachings are just based on tradition not on a Bible verse. And they do not follow many of the laws of the land like social security.

It looks like here the young men were retaliating for abusive rhetoric against them. My guess is that the young men did something of a "carnal" or "sexual" nature that was cause of censure by the other Amish group, which for them is everything. You could be a corrupt or greedy businessman as an Amish, have all kinds of unreported cash, untaxed income, and be accepted by the group just as long as you are "sexually" righteous.

There is quite a bit of Pharisaical conduct by these people, and like Jesus warned they nullify the the core of the gospel by their tradition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maplewood tops in school report cards Sep '14 WPB 1
Assault in Newton Falls Could Become Murder (Sep '08) Aug '14 Victims family 3
Murder charges surprise family of young victim (Nov '07) Jul '14 Truth 26
Liberty Woman Accused of Abusing 6-Year-Old (Feb '12) Jun '14 know1sthand 4
Trumbull County Woman Sentenced For Having Sex ... (May '09) Mar '14 4HEAD69 2
Brother charged (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bell 1
Trumbull County: Man missing from home in Warren (Aug '13) Aug '13 larry brown 1
More from around the web