GBI to probe use of force at jail

GBI to probe use of force at jail

There are 12 comments on the LaGrange Daily News - LaGrange, Georgia story from May 5, 2009, titled GBI to probe use of force at jail. In it, LaGrange Daily News - LaGrange, Georgia reports that:

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation will look into whether five correctional officers at the Troup County Jail used excessive force on an inmate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LaGrange Daily News - LaGrange, Georgia.

29forever

Clanton, AL

#1 Nov 4, 2009
I happen to know all of the Officers who were involved in this brutal beating (if thats what all you REALLY uninformed people would like to call it). These officers were ONLY (emphesis on ONLY)doing their jobs. This Inmate came in on a Disorderly Conduct Charge by the L.P.D. and did not stop even at the Jail, but alas Politics prevail, and Injustice is served. These five men did nothing to be terminated over and they were ONLY doing their job.
maybe

Newnan, GA

#2 Nov 4, 2009
this should cause the city an county lots of problems
unknown

Lagrange, GA

#3 Nov 6, 2009
i wonder what the 5 officers are doing now. i know that it is hard to find a job. sounds like they got the short end of the stick......
LOVE

Lagrange, GA

#4 Nov 8, 2009
One thing that I don't understand is why when all of this happened back in April it was all in the papers and everybody was talking about it. But now for some reason since these 5 guys were found not guilty by a grand jury you are hearing NOTHING about it in the papers, I guess Troup County wants to hush it all up like they (the county) did nothing wrong. (Especially Donny Turner)
LOVE

Lagrange, GA

#5 Nov 8, 2009
I know all the guys that were involved in it to and i just want to say keep your heads up and look at it this way KARMA is a B*T*H and what goes around comes around LOL.
Trap County Resident

Clanton, AL

#6 Nov 14, 2009
LOVE wrote:
I know all the guys that were involved in it to and i just want to say keep your heads up and look at it this way KARMA is a B*T*H and what goes around comes around LOL.
Ahhhhh! Whats that? The sound of Trap County going down the drain? It started going down the drain when Donny Turncoat was firsr elected
unknown

Lagrange, GA

#7 Nov 21, 2009
I wonder what the officers are doing now. I hope that GOD will see them through this all... GOD BLESS THEM ALL..
Lagrange Resident

Greenville, GA

#8 Nov 27, 2009
These Guys were doing their Job! and this wasn't right. In my opinion they should be reinstated and reimbursed for their time lost.God Bless them all
Chief101

Newnan, GA

#9 Feb 7, 2010
Terrible when you throw your guys under the bus for political gain
concerned citizen

Warner Robins, GA

#10 Sep 10, 2010
Its funny how people sit in their safe homes and judge prison jailers like they are the ones to blame. I have been to jails as a consultant and watched the culture, the prisoners and the jailers. First of all the prisoners are people that made a mistake, some want to cooperate and do their time, others want to cause trouble, hurt other prisoners and cause the gaurds as much trouble as they can. Now Prisoners can sue jailers and police when things dont suit them. I would not work as a jailer for these reasons. Lawyers and politicians (and tree hugging liberals) are hard at work stripping away any control that the jailers have over controlling these criminals. When a jailer says get in your cell, and the criminal says "NO", what is the jailer to do?? Well, you guessed it, he must physically put that inmate in the cell ! This can only be accomplished by using force, then the inmate starts beating up the jailer. The jailer fights back, then whamo, its suddenly the jailers fault. Maybe we should give the lawyers, politicians (and liberal tree huggers) back their criminals (just turn them loose). Then when their daughters, wives are raped, or kids abducted, or businesses robbed at gun point, or murdered, or their home is invaded and love ones killed or raped then new attitudes would begin to emerge. The jailers job is difficult and they need to be able to use force that is above the force being used against them !! When are these DUMB, no common sense, moron citizens going to but out and let the jailers do their job, in fact say thanks when you see one !!!!!!!!!!
concerned citizen

Warner Robins, GA

#11 Sep 10, 2010
Yea go get em GBI. Your investigation will further neuter the jailers, make them afraid to do their job without your retribution. Stop messin with cops and jailers and let them do their jobs. Start being part of the solution instead of undermining the guys and gals in the trenches. If you want to do something useful, put the lady jailers with the lady prisoners and get them the hell out of the way of the male jailers handling the violent male prisoners. Women can't handle violent men, they get their asses kicked and then male jailers end up protecting them. Screw equal rights on this one. These big prisoners need big jailers that can handle them !!!!!!!!!!
Ask the jailers and you will see I'm right. of course if you ask small men and any woman they will tell you they can do it....Bull@##$. Every time you investigate a cop, you undermine their effectiveness. You ruin their chances of advancement and discredit them. Admit it, its all about how you look and how you place yourself over other cops. Every cop I have talked to will tell you that their culture has become a cut throat, all for yourself environment. Nobody trusts their boss, GBI, Post, government or any other supervisor because of selfishness and lack of true teamwork. Everyone should educate, train and support the guys on the front line for a change, that includes jailers, dispatchers too for pete sake. They are all part of the team, and all I have seen for the past 20 years is massive efforts to undermine, separate, and turn these people against each other. Every investigation sends the message loud and clear. Must be a lot of short people in charge. Nearly every cop in Georgia is overweight and looks terrible, a poor image for police. The reason is simple, the people in charge won't do anything about it, like put some weight standards out because every supervisor to the top would have to quit. Stop thinking like control freaks and get with the team play. Lawyers need to be looked at and controlled. Citizens need to back cops, jailers and dispatchers. Politicians need to help them too and stop running out government offices to please the big mouths that don't know what they are bashing. Get the news people to print something positive about the MANY, MANY, MANY good things that cops do every day instead of a few things that go wrong. Remember if you are not making any mistakes it simply means that you are not doing anything. Judges stop letting people off for offenses that "YOU KNOW" they did !! YOu are neutering the cops efforts. Some people are innocent, falsly accused and so forth, help them.
Johnny Terrell

Athens, GA

#12 Oct 18, 2010
I was the Supervisor who was on shift the night this all happened and in turn was unfairly terminated. You are EVER so right (Concerned Citizen). Thank you for understanding, and by the way, all the people ever heard about in this County was in the papers was "Donny Turner reported" he was not even there and therfore has DEFINATLEY reported WRONG! We did what we felt we had to do and to this very day if I had to do it over again I would change nothing about this whole situation. Unfortunatley it ended up in five good moral men loosing a chance for a respctable carrier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troup County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida murder suspect holed up in West Point m... Feb '17 Just AnotherAsshole 2
News Hogansville man publishes Western novel (Jun '16) Dec '16 Devos treason 9
News Troup County Extension agent: Fall garden rambl... (Sep '15) Sep '15 mosquitoguy 1
News Letter: Why are schools teaching Islam, not Chr... (Sep '15) Sep '15 steve 11
News Funky Buddha Brewery To Open Craft Food Counter... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Deasel Withershins 2
Updated: Officer arrested after car hits house (Mar '15) Mar '15 shantivazbandy 1
davis Taylor (Sep '14) Sep '14 hookerette 1
More from around the web