Jerry Johnsons article about Lee Marv...

Jerry Johnsons article about Lee Marvin being buried at Arlington.

Posted in the Troup County Forum

Wayne Bailey

United States

#1 Feb 25, 2012
Did anyone else notice,that he stated, that Bob Sheehan, was standing tall on the beach, directing the Marines, to get off of the beach? The article, stated that Bob Sheehan was born in 1934, so that would have made him 11 years old, when the attack on Iwo Jima took place. This is what got me to google search , each man named, and found that almost all of the article is a falshood. Seems like someone at the Troup County News , would have caught this, and I would think, that they would write a retraction on the article. Mr. Rogers, was never in any branch of the military, Lee Marvin, was wounded, but at Saipan, and no Naval Cross medal, but instead a Purple Heart. Thanks, Wayne

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troup County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Volunteers build family fence so dog isn't chained (Sep '17) Feb '18 Ysueb 2
News Hogansville man publishes Western novel (Jun '16) Aug '17 indict rodent raphan 11
News Florida murder suspect holed up in West Point m... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Just AnotherAsshole 2
News Troup County Extension agent: Fall garden rambl... (Sep '15) Sep '15 mosquitoguy 1
News Letter: Why are schools teaching Islam, not Chr... (Sep '15) Sep '15 steve 11
News Funky Buddha Brewery To Open Craft Food Counter... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Deasel Withershins 2
Updated: Officer arrested after car hits house (Mar '15) Mar '15 shantivazbandy 1