Right steps taken by Del Norte district

Right steps taken by Del Norte district

There are 4 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from May 6, 2009, titled Right steps taken by Del Norte district. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Much is made about the lack of diversity on the North Coast. Certainly, Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity counties are all predominantly white, but on one level this area far outstrips much of the rest of the country in terms of diversity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Phil

AOL

#1 May 6, 2009
Good for you all! Being a, rather rusty, musician I appreciate all cultures and I think the efforts will be well rewarded.
Just Sayin

Arcata, CA

#2 May 6, 2009
Well this is a nice politically correct editorial. But clearly the "persistent racists" don't believe its "good fortune" to have diversity. And they aren't in "some corners", they're out there on the main drag representing the majority opinion.

Its 2009 and only now is ACLU threatening legal action? Bull Conner and George Wallace would be proud of this area being a holdout bastion of White dominance. They would would see the Del Norte "agreement" for what it is, a thin cover agreed to only under duress and to be subverted at every turn.
Anita Gilley

Monmouth, IL

#3 May 6, 2009
By all means, Indian history (from all tribes) belongs in our history books and culutral history of America. Indian children deserve and have the right to be treated just as any other student. I believe the No Child Left Behind Act has only damaged the Native American student in many ways. Discipline should be equal and fair, unbiased. This country has come so far, that to continue to show racism toward the Native American student, community, and people is only a display of ignorance on the part of the one holding such racisim. Those who are free from these feelings are free, while those who hold such hostile feelings close to their hearts are forever trapped in their own hatred.
reader

Arcata, CA

#4 May 7, 2009
So am I a racist to say my relatives that grew up in Crescent City, who were exposed to meth, pot, and alcohol were not understood? Their heritage was not being taken under account when they were engaging in self-destructive behaviors?

Way to go Times Standard. You are the vanguard of the enablers. You pathetically perpetuate the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trinity County Woman Arrested For Murder; Body ... (Aug '12) Jun '15 Robyn Shelley Amore 4
News USGS Erroneously Reports 5.1-M Quake Near Redding May '15 Sam 1
News Homicide Investigation Leads to Body Found in B... (Sep '12) Jan '14 Antoinette 7
News Northern California wildfires grow, 23 homes in... (Sep '12) Sep '12 sarah 4
News $10 million claim filed against Trinity County ... (Sep '11) Jan '12 TIME 6
News In Trinity County, a mountain of pot plagues co... (Nov '10) Nov '11 meakahorse 2
News Work on fiber optic line underway, additional g... (Aug '11) Nov '11 Shasta County Res... 2
More from around the web