Suicide rate a record many hope won't...

Suicide rate a record many hope won't be broken

There are 36 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Nov 14, 2008, titled Suicide rate a record many hope won't be broken. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

If current trends continue, 2008 may approach a very painful record for Humboldt County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Turn off your TV

Jacksonville, FL

#23 Nov 14, 2008
I wonder why Shitbirds doesn't get censored?
what it is

United States

#24 Nov 14, 2008
Firstly , it seems like the 20-somethings offed themselves in the largest nubers according to this article. Secondly don't blame conervatives for gay suicide : Obama and Biden are opposed to gay marriage. Most California blacks and latinos voted for Obama and voted Yes on prop 8. Lastly , what kind of suicide rate would one expect in a county that discourages growth, discourages industry that creates jobs, and increasing depends on drug trade for income?
Stumpy

Santa Rosa, CA

#25 Nov 14, 2008
what it is wrote:
Secondly don't blame conervatives for gay suicide
Hey, in this election the conservatives
slit their own throats.
Sure Prop 8 passed.
What else happened?
The conservatives...Dumpstered.
hmm

United States

#26 Nov 14, 2008
True conservatives won because this was a rejection of the bush adminastration. Its time the republican party follows the leadership of Ron Paul and TRue conservative take back the party!
Quiet Survivor

Eureka, CA

#27 Nov 15, 2008
Thank you "anonymous" from Eureka for setting at least one uneducated person straight. Listen people, this is not about lesbians or gays, Republicans or Democrats, drug addicts or not, Arcata or Timbucktoo. My 70-something year old Father recently committed suicide - no major signals, no note. There are people that want to leave this world, some let you know ahead of time, and some don't. I never thought much of it....until it happened to me. Thank you to all of those who have a comment about this subject without experiencing it first-hand. Special thanks to people like my Father's attorney whose straight-faced comment to me three days after his death was "your Father didn't die of a gunshot wound, he died of a broken heart" - implying that it was in some way my fault. Maybe this attorney and others like him should sit in front of my young children (who adored my Father and vice-versa) and explain to them exactly what their Grandfather did and why??? Wake up folks....Watch for signs, don't speak unless you have experienced, and by all means if you are thinking of leaving this world, you might want to consider what a selfish act this truly is, and how it will affect the people that you love, and the people that love you.......
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
You are right.
We are all going to die anyway.
All life is futile.
There is no reason for any of us to be here.
There is no way out of feeling hopeless. There is no way out of pain. There is no way out of not having enough money. There is no way out of the voices in your head that keep telling you there is no way out.
And there is no reason to keep putting yourself through any of it anymore when you are just going to die anyway.
How can some of you be so callous? And frankly, repugnant?
People can use some love and encouragement, not someone saying "Hey...what the hell, gotta go sometime anyway."
Life is to be treasured and some lose sight of that. For various reasons.
They don't need someone like you convincing them that they may as well just check out.
Kathy

Saint Francisville, LA

#28 Nov 15, 2008
So suicide rates are up-go figure. Every day Americans are bombarded with negative and frightening news. We just elected an anti-corporate, anti-capitalist, anti-small business person into the White House. Every form of religious faith is being targeted and trashed. The economy is tanking and the white middle aged male is being demonized. If you're depressed over all of it, turn off the TV, don't pay any attention to the news and enjoy the good things in your lives. Killing yourself over the lunacy of others is simply not worth it.
Turn off your TV

Jacksonville, FL

#29 Nov 15, 2008
Suicide your TV.

Mercy kill your TV.

Retroactively Abort your TV.

Whatever floats your boat, just turn the shitbirds off. I choose shitbirds now because it doesn't get censored...
anonymous

Eureka, CA

#30 Nov 15, 2008
I just can't believe some of the horrible and unrelated things people are saying on this thread.
They have obviously never been there or know how it feels to mourn in such a manner.
I guess they think they are being funny.
Or politically brilliant.
Neither is the case.
Camera Man

Alameda, CA

#31 Nov 15, 2008
I just want to video the person blowing their head off.
mirror

Georgetown, TX

#32 Nov 15, 2008
Camera Man wrote:
I just want to video the person blowing their head off.
Get a mirror.
9841 mmm

San Lorenzo, CA

#33 Nov 15, 2008
9841 mmn
micha

San Lorenzo, CA

#34 Nov 15, 2008
reading these just reminds you what a bunch of losers live in humboldt
outside of couple of legit comments rest is just hate such an enlightened county
anonymous

Eureka, CA

#35 Nov 15, 2008
Micha, I can't even respond to the jerks.
It is mind boggling what stupidity gets thrown around.
Makes us all look pretty classy, huh?
Lois Wilson

Georgetown, TX

#36 Nov 21, 2008
10th Annual National Survivors of Suicide Day is Saturday November 22nd.
1 PM to 3 PM observance is at the Adorni Center
1011 Waterfront Drive in Eureka, CA
http://www.afsp.org/index.cfm...
amy mann

Hayward, CA

#37 Nov 22, 2008
I just want to tell all of you survivors,enjoy life,it's a strange trip:)
Devro from the Cove

Bakersfield, CA

#38 Nov 22, 2008
amy mann wrote:
I just want to tell all of you survivors,enjoy life,it's a strange trip:)
YAY!

Shitbirds x 2

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trinity County Woman Arrested For Murder; Body ... (Aug '12) Aug '15 Meaka 5
News USGS Erroneously Reports 5.1-M Quake Near Redding (May '15) May '15 Sam 1
News Homicide Investigation Leads to Body Found in B... (Sep '12) Jan '14 Antoinette 7
News Northern California wildfires grow, 23 homes in... (Sep '12) Sep '12 sarah 4
News $10 million claim filed against Trinity County ... (Sep '11) Jan '12 TIME 6
News In Trinity County, a mountain of pot plagues co... (Nov '10) Nov '11 meakahorse 2
News Work on fiber optic line underway, additional g... (Aug '11) Nov '11 Shasta County Res... 2
More from around the web