Work on fiber optic line underway, ad...

Work on fiber optic line underway, additional grant funding sought - Humboldt Beacon

There are 2 comments on the Humboldt Beacon story from Aug 4, 2011, titled Work on fiber optic line underway, additional grant funding sought - Humboldt Beacon. In it, Humboldt Beacon reports that:

By the end of the year more than 500 rural households along Highway 36 in Humboldt and Trinity Counties should have access to high speed Internet and phone services through installation of a fiber optic line on existing utility poles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Humboldt Beacon.

Sean McLaughlin

Eureka, CA

#1 Aug 4, 2011
With 40% public financing, this project should be committed to serve public, education and government purposes.

Thanks to all the folks who helped our region secure public and private support to make this project happen. Now let's make sure that the public investment creates fair returns for the public!
Shasta County Resident

Redding, CA

#2 Nov 15, 2011
Here in my neck of the woods where the current construction of hanging the fiber optic lines is going on we are a bit unhappy. 3 Phase road crews in their big duley (sp?) trucks are treking across private property instead of using the PGE right of way to do the line installation. When I approached the road crew about it they were cocky and blew me off. Their office called me from New Hampshire and were incredibly rude and in fact the guy who made the call and made sure to impress on me "he" was the guy in charge had one too many cups of coffee before making his call to me. PGE hires contractors and does not supervise them. I want those trucks OFF OUR PROPERTY and using the PGE right of way instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trinity County Woman Arrested For Murder; Body ... (Aug '12) Aug '15 Meaka 5
News USGS Erroneously Reports 5.1-M Quake Near Redding (May '15) May '15 Sam 1
News Homicide Investigation Leads to Body Found in B... (Sep '12) Jan '14 Antoinette 7
News Northern California wildfires grow, 23 homes in... (Sep '12) Sep '12 sarah 4
News $10 million claim filed against Trinity County ... (Sep '11) Jan '12 TIME 6
News In Trinity County, a mountain of pot plagues co... (Nov '10) Nov '11 meakahorse 2
Ruth Lake Fire (Sep '11) Sep '11 High Country Harrold 1
More from around the web