Election Roundup: Gallegos announces ...

Election Roundup: Gallegos announces endorsements

There are 17 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Mar 10, 2010, titled Election Roundup: Gallegos announces endorsements. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

The campaign to re-elect Paul Gallegos announced a host of endorsements Tuesday for Humboldt County's incumbent district attorney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Ponder z

Arcata, CA

#1 Mar 10, 2010
of course they will endorse their crony. as he will endorse them. See how they scratch each others back. Each successful election generates more back scratching, till someone gets to the Oval office then they all come in for a return of favor.
watcher

Arcata, CA

#2 Mar 10, 2010
These people dont really know Gallegos. They attend conferences and meetings with him and to some extent socialize at these meetings. Gallegos got their endorsement by simply asking. Do you really think they know his abysmal record? This is a sham........

“Fred's Humboldt Blog”

Since: Jan 08

Eureka, CA

#4 Mar 10, 2010
The Real Bubba Joe Wilson wrote:
Pot, murder, child molestation and gallegos;
it's a family disease, choose recovery @:
dontreelectgallegos.com
The link doesn't work for me, Bubba.
PHer

Eureka, CA

#5 Mar 10, 2010
And not a single one of these names are local. What does that tell you?

“Truth is Difficult to Find!”

Since: Dec 07

Eureka/Hoopa, CA

#6 Mar 10, 2010
This only demonstrates an incumbent with connections developed and others not willing to say "no". I like I hope other in Humboldt county will do, is for a better relationship between the DA's Office and local Law Enforcement, voting in a new DA.

“Truth is Difficult to Find!”

Since: Dec 07

Eureka/Hoopa, CA

#7 Mar 10, 2010
Can't even write correctly, sorry:

This only demonstrates an incumbent with connections developed and others not willing to say "no".

I, like manys others in Humboldt County hope for a better relationship between the DA's Office and local Law Enforcement, voting in a new DA will do this.
Anonymous

Santa Rosa, CA

#8 Mar 10, 2010
Yep, this sure stings the haters.

Never thought I'd live to see a local D.A. attempt to apply the law equally to the timber crooks or police officials.

Who could have known that its legal for timber corporations to lie to the government?

Too bad there's no sex scandals, maybe you can start digging into the past of the supervisor contenders,(lots of rumors). Oh right, these republican challengers, masquerading as democrats are off-limits.
Dee Dee Dee

San Francisco, CA

#9 Mar 10, 2010
It's good to see Gallegos has fooled a few non locals into believing he's a good DA.
Vexed

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Mar 11, 2010
I need to make a list of those counties so I won't move there either..........if their DA's are that dumb.....
Sad

Arcata, CA

#11 Mar 11, 2010
Any one local want to endorse this guy? Think not! Go Allison Jackson!!!!
Back On Earth

Santa Rosa, CA

#12 Mar 11, 2010
Many local endorsers are waiting until June because there's two candidates they support, not Jackson.

If P.G. actually had a scandalous record, or if his "incompetence" were reported, provable or actionable the haters would have a case.

The man won 3 times already!
Wonderz

Eureka, CA

#13 Mar 11, 2010
Fred Mangels wrote:
<quoted text>
The link doesn't work for me, Bubba.
Surprised?
Justice and Reality

Fremont, CA

#14 Mar 11, 2010
Skippy56 wrote:
Can't even write correctly, sorry:
This only demonstrates an incumbent with connections developed and others not willing to say "no".
I, like manys others in Humboldt County hope for a better relationship between the DA's Office and local Law Enforcement, voting in a new DA will do this.
Really, any new DA, regardless of qualifications and competence? Just anyone? Would you vote for me?

The problem with people's perception of the D.A.'s office is that they watch too much Law & Order or other similar crime shows like CSI on TV, and have ridiculous expectations. Many cases don't get solved, and most cases are plea bargained, rather than going to trial. If every case went to trial, we would be bankrupt, and a lot of these cases that get plea deals could end up in a hung jury due to lack of evidence, etc... Our justice system is imperfect. It is also important to remember that our justice system is based on the idea that it is better for 10 guilty people to go free than for one innocent person to be wrongly convicted. Paul is doing what D.A.'s across the country have to do: balance a huge case load, and make tough decisions about which cases should go to trial and which cases to plea deal. I'm sure all these arm-chair lawyers couldn't do any better with the limited resources.
Vexed

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Mar 12, 2010
Justice and Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, any new DA, regardless of qualifications and competence? Just anyone? Would you vote for me?
The problem with people's perception of the D.A.'s office is that they watch too much Law & Order or other similar crime shows like CSI on TV, and have ridiculous expectations. Many cases don't get solved, and most cases are plea bargained, rather than going to trial. If every case went to trial, we would be bankrupt, and a lot of these cases that get plea deals could end up in a hung jury due to lack of evidence, etc... Our justice system is imperfect. It is also important to remember that our justice system is based on the idea that it is better for 10 guilty people to go free than for one innocent person to be wrongly convicted. Paul is doing what D.A.'s across the country have to do: balance a huge case load, and make tough decisions about which cases should go to trial and which cases to plea deal. I'm sure all these arm-chair lawyers couldn't do any better with the limited resources.
You forgot to mention the cases that sit on a shelf until the statute of limitations run out, which is how he deals with "friends" of his and his wifes that he doesn't want to prosecute!
Justice and Reality

Fremont, CA

#17 Mar 12, 2010
Vexed wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention the cases that sit on a shelf until the statute of limitations run out, which is how he deals with "friends" of his and his wifes that he doesn't want to prosecute!
Unless you have some factual support... I'm going to have to file this under "L" for libel.
Saw it coming

San Francisco, CA

#19 Mar 12, 2010
How many of you bashers out there voted for P.G. the last cple times or didn't vote at all? I for one voted against him but our county of relocated city slickers and peace lovin hippies took over a majority of the votes because a lot of the natives didn't bother to vote or thought they were voting for a better change. Do your research next time and don't fix what isn't broken. Instead, get more active in your community and stand up and make a difference. Voting a person into office won't change anything. We the people have to do the changing. <insert clapping emoticon here>
liberty and safety

New Bern, NC

#20 Mar 14, 2010
If you want to talk about waiting for the stature of limitations to run out, then Hagen is your man. He's done it twice and missed a filing deadline for his only client at the time, the good folks of Crescent City who were fighting WalMart.

Funny that comments on the articles about Hagen and Jackson have all been removed? Someone has friends at the TS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trinity County Woman Arrested For Murder; Body ... (Aug '12) Aug '15 Meaka 5
News USGS Erroneously Reports 5.1-M Quake Near Redding (May '15) May '15 Sam 1
News Homicide Investigation Leads to Body Found in B... (Sep '12) Jan '14 Antoinette 7
News Northern California wildfires grow, 23 homes in... (Sep '12) Sep '12 sarah 4
News $10 million claim filed against Trinity County ... (Sep '11) Jan '12 TIME 6
News In Trinity County, a mountain of pot plagues co... (Nov '10) Nov '11 meakahorse 2
News Work on fiber optic line underway, additional g... (Aug '11) Nov '11 Shasta County Res... 2
More from around the web