Mother Wants Her Dead Son's Sperm

Mother Wants Her Dead Son's Sperm

There are 36 comments on the snafu-ed.blogspot.com story from Apr 8, 2009, titled Mother Wants Her Dead Son's Sperm. In it, snafu-ed.blogspot.com reports that:

Yes, this Texas mother wants her dead son's sperm. Get your mind out of the gutter, though.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at snafu-ed.blogspot.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jds

Ormond Beach, FL

#1 Apr 9, 2009
If this story is really true it should not be allowed.So people in your family can have your reproductive parts like sperm and ovaries.So when am dead I could have 30 children wandering around that I didn't choose to have?Serious law changes need to be made it really is a world where anything goes mentallity.It's messing with the natural order and law of humans.
Proff Louie alternator

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Apr 9, 2009
Lets go. Octomom is ready.(again)?

“Pull ur pants up! Crack kills”

Since: Jun 08

God bless the USA-Hanover

#3 Apr 9, 2009
Proff Louie alternator wrote:
Lets go. Octomom is ready.(again)?
Lets hope not...

Since: Sep 08

Dexter, MI

#4 Apr 9, 2009
Let's get to the sperm of the matter.Mommy wants the sperm!

Since: Mar 09

Kansas City, MO

#5 Apr 9, 2009
jds wrote:
If this story is really true it should not be allowed.So people in your family can have your reproductive parts like sperm and ovaries.So when am dead I could have 30 children wandering around that I didn't choose to have?Serious law changes need to be made it really is a world where anything goes mentallity.It's messing with the natural order and law of humans.
As much as you may not like it, I would hate for the law to get involved in such family decisions.

When Congress shut down to run to the support of one side of the Terri Schiavo family, the side they agreed with, we should have locked the doors of Congress and changed the locks.

Family business is family business. Even when we don't like the decisions.

“"Don't Shave It, Wax It"”

Since: Feb 09

Moustachio Central

#6 Apr 9, 2009
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Dead men (and women for that matter) cannot advise of what they intended to do or wanted to do after the fact. Mom should have made him shoot in a cup prior - if he wanted to of course.

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#7 Apr 9, 2009
As long as she hasn't changed his sheets yet...wow..

all sick kidding aside, she is one odd person to even think this..It should not be allowed unless it was in a living will of her son, she does not have the legal right to have this done after he no longer can speak his wishes..
Proff Louie alternator

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Apr 9, 2009
(quoted from similar story)
" Its not the first time, a woman wanted sperm from a dead man"..

Location hidden

#10 Apr 9, 2009
i honestly dont see what the big deal is here, and im wondering if a lot of u who replied in a negative way, are men?
if so, maybe u are looking at it in a different light than this woman is. im a mother and i can understand why she would want her sons offspring to continue in life, if the son cannot be here, then he will still live on thru his child and this mother (or wife) could still have a tiny piece of him with her.
somehow i think if u think in these terms, then a man could understand and wouldnt have a problem with this idea.
interesting though,- i'll have to ask my son what His thoughts would be.

“Infinitely Interesting”

Since: Jan 09

Kalamazoo, MI

#11 Apr 9, 2009
justaguess wrote:
As long as she hasn't changed his sheets yet...wow..
all sick kidding aside, she is one odd person to even think this..It should not be allowed unless it was in a living will of her son, she does not have the legal right to have this done after he no longer can speak his wishes..
The article did say that he had wanted 3 children (boys). I know this is weird, but I can see her pov. Her son's life was suddenly taken. They didn't anticipate this happening. No planning, etc. She wants her son's legacy to live on.

phoenix falcon

“Comfortably Numb”

Phoenix,Az

#12 Apr 9, 2009
this is just nasty
frank McGuniness

San Diego, CA

#13 Apr 9, 2009
So how long after death would the sperm go "bad" if you did this I would think it should be with in min's of death.

Cpetr13

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#14 Apr 9, 2009
She had no legal right to his sperm before he died; what makes her think that his gonads now belong to her?

Let it go; he's gone. Trying to hold on to him through creating little commercial-bred offspring would be HORRIFYING to those kids.

This is nothing like donating body parts-those are used to prolong lives. OF course, the sperm is probably dead by now, so it may be a moot point.
Phinneous Whiskerbiscuit wrote:
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Dead men (and women for that matter) cannot advise of what they intended to do or wanted to do after the fact. Mom should have made him shoot in a cup prior - if he wanted to of course.

Cpetr13

Indianapolis

#15 Apr 9, 2009
That's seriously creepy. Not to mention that if I were the friend's wife, I would have serious objections to having her husband's dead friend's kids.
poof wrote:
This reminds me of my friend who's son had testicular cancer. He was only 17, and they went and had his sperm put in storage before going through the chemo. He died in a car wreck just a couple years later, and she keeps paying the storage fees on it. The reason being that he had a younger friend with leukemia, who may not be able to have his own children due to the treatments at 4 years old, and may be able to have his best friends child someday.

Cpetr13

Indianapolis

#16 Apr 9, 2009
Mothers don't get to force their kids to give them grandkids, and it should not change if the kid dies. Those kids will grow up knowing they exist ONLY because their father was dead and granny can't let go. That's about as pathetic as having a kid so they can give bone marrow to your other kid.

Want the children for themselves, not as some utilitarian solution to a problem you might have. And consider what will happen if the kids grow up and reject granny?
Pretty Feet wrote:
i honestly dont see what the big deal is here, and im wondering if a lot of u who replied in a negative way, are men?
if so, maybe u are looking at it in a different light than this woman is. im a mother and i can understand why she would want her sons offspring to continue in life, if the son cannot be here, then he will still live on thru his child and this mother (or wife) could still have a tiny piece of him with her.
somehow i think if u think in these terms, then a man could understand and wouldnt have a problem with this idea.
interesting though,- i'll have to ask my son what His thoughts would be.

Cpetr13

Indianapolis

#17 Apr 9, 2009
Children are not her son's legacy. Children would be the son's and his MATE'S legacy. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't end up impregnating herself with the sperm. A SERIOUS Jocasta syndrome here.
Schnozzy wrote:
<quoted text>
The article did say that he had wanted 3 children (boys). I know this is weird, but I can see her pov. Her son's life was suddenly taken. They didn't anticipate this happening. No planning, etc. She wants her son's legacy to live on.

Cpetr13

Indianapolis

#18 Apr 9, 2009
Under normal conditions, like being alive, sperm live for about 72 hours. With the body being dead and on ice, I'd say the little swimmers are just as alive as the rest of him.
frank McGuniness wrote:
So how long after death would the sperm go "bad" if you did this I would think it should be with in min's of death.

Location hidden

#19 Apr 9, 2009
Cpetr13 wrote:
Mothers don't get to force their kids to give them grandkids, and it should not change if the kid dies. Those kids will grow up knowing they exist ONLY because their father was dead and granny can't let go. That's about as pathetic as having a kid so they can give bone marrow to your other kid.
Want the children for themselves, not as some utilitarian solution to a problem you might have. And consider what will happen if the kids grow up and reject granny?
<quoted text>
u know i do understand what ur saying, but think of it like this - a lot of kids exist Only because their parents werent smart enough to prevent something they "didnt" want.(i know im one)
i also dont think of this situation as "forcing" her son to do something he doesnt want. afterall hes dead, the decision is out of his hand, and also the burden and joy of raising his offspring.
i do think any child conceived from this, would definitely be "wanted" - doesnt matter the how or the why of the circumstances, it just matter the child "is" wanted.
also kids can grow up and reject anybody, including parents, and granny. in fact, at some stage of their life, they do, in a sense, DO exactly this. its called growing up.
i dont know if "I" personally would think about this, but i definitely would like the option to do so, AND without any kind of negative backlash from society. i really dont see it as "hurting" anyone here.
but of course, u'll never get 100% agreement on anything. i just think its a shame that others cant see how this woman might be thinking. im wondering if people think of it as some kind of sexual thing - because its sperm and not say a womans egg. i just wonder if people might feel different - with taking a dead womans eggs and using them after her death.
hope that statement makes sense..
i find it all so interesting - the possibilities!
:O)
(yet strangly enough, i remember that bone marrow case, and didnt care for the idea at that time either, not sure why, afterall that child did seem to be loved no matter what)

Location hidden

#20 Apr 9, 2009
i meant to say "Im one of those kids"

lucky for me as a parent, i lived in a time where i was able to decide when my children were conceived..
:O)

phoenix falcon

“Comfortably Numb”

Phoenix,Az

#22 Apr 9, 2009
Cpetr13 wrote:
That's seriously creepy. Not to mention that if I were the friend's wife, I would have serious objections to having her husband's dead friend's kids.
<quoted text>
creepy, that's the word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travis County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travis County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Records Sep '16 Mirko 2
Looking for Vince Martinez (May '16) May '16 Mike Myers 2
News Suspect in UT homicide arrested (Apr '16) Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Police arrest 17-year-old in Beaverton woman's ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Criminal charges against Gov. Rick Perry offici... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Joe Blough 1
News One adult and three children injured in rollove... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Accidental farts 3
News Austin man's murder trial under way (Apr '07) Nov '15 Home farts 5
More from around the web