The Ithaca Journal Summer Reading Con...

The Ithaca Journal Summer Reading Contest for Kids

There are 1 comment on the Ithaca Journal story from Jul 3, 2008, titled The Ithaca Journal Summer Reading Contest for Kids. In it, Ithaca Journal reports that:

Write a short review of each book you read this summer and you could win free pizza from Papa John's. The contest is open to elementary and middle school students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ithaca Journal.

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Jul 11, 2008
Kids Video Contest:“Staycationing” in My Hometown
As Travel Becomes More Cost-Prohibitive, New Contest
Challenges Kids to Create a Video Documentary
of a Special Summertime Event in Their Hometown

NEW YORK, NY (July XX, 2008)– As gasoline costs skyrocket , more families are staying close to home this summer. A new kids video documentary contest,“Summer in My Town,”( ) is encouraging kids to make the most of their summer “staycations.”

Whether it’s an annual festival, a special family-oriented concert, or a local parade, children ages 7-13 can submit a video documentary that depicts their special part of the world. The winner will receive a cash prize of $250.00 plus a special airing of their video on , the Web site that sends kids on virtual fieldtrips. The contest deadline is August 31, 2008.

“The ‘Summer in My Town Contest’ is a great way for kids to share a unique local event or activity with their counterparts worldwide. In addition, it enables kids to learn how to make a complete documentary-style video while discovering more about their community,” said Donna Guthrie, founder of , the contest’s sponsor.

Complete information on how to make a video documentary, including step-by-step instructions on creating storyboards and voiceovers, as well as submission guidelines, rules and forms can be found at . Final cassette tapes can be mailed to Meet Me at the Corner “Summer in My Town” Video Contest, 1710 First Ave., PO Box 283, New York, NY 10128. All submissions are the property of Meet Me at the Corner and will not be returned.

For more information, visit .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tompkins County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Standoff In Danby Continues For Over 24 Hours (Jan '15) Jan '15 Drug War Scam 1
News Police charge three in Dryden heroin raid (Feb '14) Aug '14 cny 8
News Local Legislators To Sue For Unredacted Power P... (Sep '13) Sep '13 David Dittman 1
News Flooding in Cortland & Tompkins Counties (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jim Frary 1
News Judge to decide on Vestal property assessment d... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Richard Wright 1
dairy farms (Nov '12) Nov '12 searching 1
News Hanna officially launches campaign for 22nd dis... (Oct '12) Oct '12 liberal 4