Report: 7.3M New Yorkers have left since 1960

Aug 3, 2011 Full story: Star-Gazette 17

More than 7.3 million people have fled New York for other parts of the country since 1960, according to a report issued Tuesday by a fiscally conservative think tank.

Full Story
i_m_not_watching

Rochester, NY

#1 Aug 3, 2011
conservative think tank?
I didn't think conservatives could think.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Aug 3, 2011
i_m_not_watching wrote:
conservative think tank?
I didn't think conservatives could think.
I think that you got that backwards,it is the liberals that can't think,look at what they have done to the country since thay had control of the goverment since "97".

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 3, 2011
Rising taxes, rising crime, less jobs, ridiculous rent, rising cost of living, no pay raises, liberal policies... Gee, I wonder why anyone would leave?
Ha Ha

Penfield, NY

#5 Aug 3, 2011
I went to New Jersy to see Snookie ... and I was amazed how in NJ, it is illegal to pump your own gas. the price of gas is easily $0.50 cheaper. so I was wondering how you can afford to pay someone to pump gas and it is still cheaper than what we pay here in Rottenchester.
What that tells me is that someone is making one hell of a living just off the taxes here!

Does Maggie keep all that money for herself?

Location hidden

#6 Aug 3, 2011
Ha Ha wrote:
I went to New Jersy to see Snookie ... and I was amazed how in NJ, it is illegal to pump your own gas. the price of gas is easily $0.50 cheaper. so I was wondering how you can afford to pay someone to pump gas and it is still cheaper than what we pay here in Rottenchester.
What that tells me is that someone is making one hell of a living just off the taxes here!
Does Maggie keep all that money for herself?
bought my house up here 8yrs.ago,lived in N.J for over 20yrs.,trust me when I say that gas is the only thing that is cheaper than here.And I do mean everything inculding property taxes.
Ibin Farteen

Rochester, NY

#7 Aug 3, 2011
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>bought my house up here 8yrs.ago,lived in N.J for over 20yrs.,trust me when I say that gas is the only thing that is cheaper than here.And I do mean everything inculding property taxes.
Do us all a favor, go back and take Ol'Disgrunteled Stumpy with you.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 3, 2011
Ibin Farteen wrote:
<quoted text>Do us all a favor, go back and take Ol'Disgrunteled Stumpy with you.
If I did that Rhonda there would be one less taxpayer to help support your welfare lifestyle.You wouldn't want that to happen,would you?
Kung Pao Stricken

Rochester, NY

#9 Aug 4, 2011
7 million left, but how many million Welfare people moved TO New York since it's the easiest state to get welfare, food stamps, Obama Phones, Section 8, Medicaid, utilities paid?
semper fi forever

Rochester, NY

#10 Aug 4, 2011
Kung Pao Stricken wrote:
7 million left, but how many million Welfare people moved TO New York since it's the easiest state to get welfare, food stamps, Obama Phones, Section 8, Medicaid, utilities paid?
Drug test all the leeches!!!!!! Limit the number of children, to TWO, then watch, and see how fast, the numbers drop!!!!!
Jeff K

United States

#11 Aug 4, 2011
Why the heck would anyone want to leave NY???

- Highest property taxes
- Highest sales and income taxes
- Cutting school programs and increasing student head count in classes
- No industry other than ripping off city officials and lying to them that your going to build your company headquarters at midtown. Then the next day sell your company and make out with millions of dollars and leaving your hometown nearly bankrupt.
- Gotta put extra locks on your door to keep the uneducated teens from breaking into your house.
- High unemployment rate

Those are just a few reasons, but I have no idea why people would have to move.
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

Rochester, NY

#12 Aug 4, 2011
I can't believe Bob Lonsberry is still here.
semper fi forever

Rochester, NY

#13 Aug 7, 2011
RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
Why are you here??? Is it the WELFARE???? You FAT,UGLY, RACIST. HOE!! Maybe, you like watching, your NEPHEW, JOE FLOWERS, playing, with all those little BOYS???????? HUH? YOU PERVERT!!!!!
nickblows13aday

Rochester, NY

#14 Aug 7, 2011
Bob Lonsberry is still here cause its a welfare state. He doesn't pay enough taxes to pay for all of his 9 kids to go through public schools.
citizenstick

Buffalo, NY

#15 Aug 7, 2011
Bob Lonsberry is my Hero.

I also think Michael Savage is excellent.

Dont like what they have to say, fingers can turn dials and push buttons...

RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

Rochester, NY

#16 Aug 7, 2011
I listen so I can catch him saying something too crazy and get him fired again.
citizenstick

Buffalo, NY

#17 Aug 8, 2011
He was never fired. He's too valuable to the popularity of the radio station. Try listening to Savage too... you might learn something.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#18 Aug 8, 2011
I listen so I can catch him saying something too crazy and get him fired again.
I was worried you had moved to Mississipi and had gotten beat up and run over by a Ford F250.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tompkins County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police charge three in Dryden heroin raid (Feb '14) Aug '14 cny 8
Local Legislators To Sue For Unredacted Power P... (Sep '13) Sep '13 David Dittman 1
Flooding in Cortland & Tompkins Counties (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jim Frary 1
Judge to decide on Vestal property assessment d... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Richard Wright 1
dairy farms (Nov '12) Nov '12 searching 1
Hanna officially launches campaign for 22nd dis... (Oct '12) Oct '12 liberal 4
Adele top winner with 6 Grammys (Feb '12) Feb '12 Arch Stanton 2
More from around the web