Group want alcohol carding

Group want alcohol carding

There are 3 comments on the WLFI Lafayette story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Group want alcohol carding. In it, WLFI Lafayette reports that:

In an effort to curb underage drinking, a local group is asking state lawmakers to consider mandatory carding for alcohol sales.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI Lafayette.

Jeff

West Lafayette, IN

#1 Dec 10, 2008
Raising the alcohol tax will not curb underage drinking. It is foolish to think that it would cut underage drinking when all it may do is slightly reduce overall sales of alcohol.
keg

Crystal Lake, IL

#2 Dec 10, 2008
Why don't you lower the age to 19 like Canada and then its legal, or would that take money out of the States profits from illeagal consumtion. I got an idea, why don't we worry about cutting down the long lines at the courthouse for illeagal consumption instead of long lines at the store!
Greg

Lafayette, IN

#3 Dec 10, 2008
well here ya go another busy body trying to make a name I don't agree with underage drinking but they will get it no matter what so lets inconvieniance everyone. C'mon people use your head if they dont look 25 card them I see this state worried about stuff they shouldnt and dont do squat about real problems FIX the jobs,health care,schools, and roads quit privatizing everything and take some ligitamate responsibilities instead of worring if that college kid bought his beer or had someone buy it for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tippecanoe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cellphone search warrant denied in homicide case Jan '15 relative 1
News Lafayette police shooting review awaits results... (Feb '12) Jan '15 callie Javon sister 11
News New ISP troopers hit the road (Aug '14) Aug '14 Idealist101 1
News Zeman to challenge Donat for judgeship (Jan '14) Jan '14 NoZeman 1
News Same-sex couples seeking marriage could be char... (Jul '13) Jul '13 DNF 7
Kemp Wagoner Wagener Waggoner family descendant... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Kathie 1
News New Attica police chief named (Oct '12) Feb '13 Harper 3
More from around the web