Boy severely burned setting fire to deer carcass

Jul 7, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WISH-TV Indianapolis

A helicopter flew a Tippecanoe County boy to an Indianapolis hospital after he suffered burns at his home.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Judged:

"Somehow a flammable material got on the 11-year-old brother's shirt and it caught fire," said Haltom.

The other kid was pouring GASOLINE, you idiot. They were 11 and 18, far old enough to know that you don't play with fire or matches. And what was up with burning a deer carcass?

These kids sound stupid or demented and in either case,the parents should be investigated for being grossly negligent in their parenting skills. The 11yo still have a chance to go to an intelligent family; the 18yo is obviously stupid for life.

“Is this thing on?”

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Judged:

Cpetr13 wrote:
"Somehow a flammable material got on the 11-year-old brother's shirt and it caught fire," said Haltom.
The other kid was pouring GASOLINE, you idiot. They were 11 and 18, far old enough to know that you don't play with fire or matches. And what was up with burning a deer carcass?
These kids sound stupid or demented and in either case,the parents should be investigated for being grossly negligent in their parenting skills. The 11yo still have a chance to go to an intelligent family; the 18yo is obviously stupid for life.
From the tone of your previous posts, I do not really think you are qualified to declare a child to be "stupid", no matter what their age. You seem to be immersed in your gay lifestyle, in which you have chosen to mate with same-sex, hence no children & no experience with children.
I know your views on Catholicism too. Would you say a priest can render advice to a married couple? Not.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

The subject is intelligence, something you could only have heard about.

You think having kids makes you an expert on them? Must be why so many kids are pregnant or in gangs these days--all heteros are perfect parents.

You do not have to be a genius at the age of 11 to know that gasoline is flammable, and you should also know that matches cause fires. At 18, you have to understand these concepts unless you are so severely retarded that you literally have to have someone watching you at all times.

This was basic stupidity.
Sown Oats wrote:
<quoted text>
From the tone of your previous posts, I do not really think you are qualified to declare a child to be "stupid", no matter what their age. You seem to be immersed in your gay lifestyle, in which you have chosen to mate with same-sex, hence no children & no experience with children.
I know your views on Catholicism too. Would you say a priest can render advice to a married couple? Not.

“Is this thing on?”

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Cpetr13 wrote:
You think having kids makes you an expert on them? Must be why so many kids are pregnant or in gangs these days--all heteros are perfect parents.
You do not have to be a genius at the age of 11 to know that gasoline is flammable, and you should also know that matches cause fires. At 18, you have to understand these concepts unless you are so severely retarded that you literally have to have someone watching you at all times.
<quoted text>
Of course, you, the omnipotent being of intelligence, can render a stupidity and retardation judgment on the exploratory nature, no matter how foolhardy, of these boys. It's an accident, numb nuts.
As far as the parenting issues you have brought up twice now, I didn't realize from the story that the parents were standing right next to them when this occurred.
Believe it how you wish, the majority of kids raised by heteros are not in gangs & pregnant. But through your eyes, you pick & chose whatever makes the Adam & Steve argument sound better than it actually is.
Of course, since "I have only heard about intelligence", I must fall into that stupid & retarded category according to you.
lol

Collinsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Cpetr13 wrote:
<quoted text>
But we sure shouldn't hold parents criminally negligent for every accident that might happen. Otherwise, our jails would be full of parents and guardians. Why? Because accidents will always happen. Each case must be investigated. As far as you know the parents drilled the proper way to treat gas, matches, lighters, etc into their head, but the kids just ignored them. In that scenario, there isn't any negligence on the parents part. Sometimes accidents just happen and many times kids do stupid things.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

I don't think you are retarded; most retarded people have my respect because they do the best they can with what they have. You are stupid, however, because you refuse to do the mot with what you have, and rely on silly arguments.

An 11yo who does not understand that playing with gasoline and matches is extremely dangerous is either stupid or retarded, and nothing here says he was a special ed kid. Hell, we learned not to play with matches by the age of 4, and we never kept any around anyway where any of the kids could get them. And an 18yo who doesn't understand the dangers of fire and gas has got to be a total moron.

So the argument then must fall between nature or nurture--are they stupid or were their upbringings inadequate to deal with basic dangers? It was NOT an accident--these actions had foreseeable and obvious dangers that they chose to ignore. These aren't 5yo's, where such ignorance of danger might be appropriate. But maybe if they were trained to think things through, the kid wouldn't be in the hospital with burns.

But you go right on making excuses for them--it's not like they need to think about anything before doing it, right?
Sown Oats wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you, the omnipotent being of intelligence, can render a stupidity and retardation judgment on the exploratory nature, no matter how foolhardy, of these boys. It's an accident, numb nuts.
As far as the parenting issues you have brought up twice now, I didn't realize from the story that the parents were standing right next to them when this occurred.
Believe it how you wish, the majority of kids raised by heteros are not in gangs & pregnant. But through your eyes, you pick & chose whatever makes the Adam & Steve argument sound better than it actually is.
Of course, since "I have only heard about intelligence", I must fall into that stupid & retarded category according to you.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

I never said that parents were always culpable; sometimes the kids are just plain morons. I was responding to someone who thought that since i had no kids I would have not have any clue about these kids.

The 18yo is beyond the parents' control anyway. It's the 11yo who really suffered for this idiocy.
lol wrote:
<quoted text>But we sure shouldn't hold parents criminally negligent for every accident that might happen. Otherwise, our jails would be full of parents and guardians. Why? Because accidents will always happen. Each case must be investigated. As far as you know the parents drilled the proper way to treat gas, matches, lighters, etc into their head, but the kids just ignored them. In that scenario, there isn't any negligence on the parents part. Sometimes accidents just happen and many times kids do stupid things.
lol

Collinsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Cpetr13 wrote:
I never said that parents were always culpable; sometimes the kids are just plain morons. I was responding to someone who thought that since i had no kids I would have not have any clue about these kids.
The 18yo is beyond the parents' control anyway. It's the 11yo who really suffered for this idiocy.
<quoted text>
OK. Sounds like we agree parents aren't always negligent when a kid screws up. It obviously has to be handled on a case by case basis.

“Is this thing on?”

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Cpetr13 wrote:
I don't think you are retarded; most retarded people have my respect because they do the best they can with what they have. You are stupid, however, because you refuse to do the mot with what you have, and rely on silly arguments.
An 11yo who does not understand that playing with gasoline and matches is extremely dangerous is either stupid or retarded, and nothing here says he was a special ed kid. Hell, we learned not to play with matches by the age of 4, and we never kept any around anyway where any of the kids could get them. And an 18yo who doesn't understand the dangers of fire and gas has got to be a total moron.
So the argument then must fall between nature or nurture--are they stupid or were their upbringings inadequate to deal with basic dangers? It was NOT an accident--these actions had foreseeable and obvious dangers that they chose to ignore. These aren't 5yo's, where such ignorance of danger might be appropriate. But maybe if they were trained to think things through, the kid wouldn't be in the hospital with burns.
But you go right on making excuses for them--it's not like they need to think about anything before doing it, right?
<quoted text>
So we've determined that:
#1: You think I'm stupid. Of course I consider the source of that remark as a compliment, after viewing some of your other posts. As far has "having your respect", means absolutely nothing to me.
#2: You have a grandiose view of how children are supposed to act. If they dare take risks, educated about but not quite wise enough to understand the myriad of possible outcomes to their actions, then they are also rated by you as "stupid".
We all thank our versions of God that people like you have chosen your childless paths in life, for the sake of the children.
Kris

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

I am not sure why the were burning the deer carcass, it could be how they dispose of deceased animals if they live on a farm...I DONT know!
I do know that children and young adults up until early 20's (some longer) think they are immune to danger. You can teach them and tell them all day long to NOT do something. They may listen to some of what you say but unfortunately some things they have to learn by experience. It is our job as parents to teach them the right things but there are times when they are out of our sight as they get older. You just hope they listened and do the right thing. Sometimes they dont. The good thing is this young man has survived and will be allowed the chance to learn his lesson. The true tragedy is when children make a mistake and dont get the chance to learn. I remember doing such naive and stupid things in my youth that I am glad I survived.

“Is this thing on?”

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Kris wrote:
I am not sure why the were burning the deer carcass, it could be how they dispose of deceased animals if they live on a farm...I DONT know!
I do know that children and young adults up until early 20's (some longer) think they are immune to danger. You can teach them and tell them all day long to NOT do something. They may listen to some of what you say but unfortunately some things they have to learn by experience. It is our job as parents to teach them the right things but there are times when they are out of our sight as they get older. You just hope they listened and do the right thing. Sometimes they dont. The good thing is this young man has survived and will be allowed the chance to learn his lesson. The true tragedy is when children make a mistake and dont get the chance to learn. I remember doing such naive and stupid things in my youth that I am glad I survived.
Exactly.
How many of us have looked back at our lives, and wondered how we lived through what we did, due to our behavior at that period of time?
But to a certain very pompous individual on this topic, we are all just stupid.
Must be lonely up there at the top of it all...

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Awww...someone got his wittle feewings hurt...
Sown Oats wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
How many of us have looked back at our lives, and wondered how we lived through what we did, due to our behavior at that period of time?
But to a certain very pompous individual on this topic, we are all just stupid.
Must be lonely up there at the top of it all...

“Is this thing on?”

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Cpetr13 wrote:
Awww...someone got his wittle feewings hurt...
<quoted text>
Typical response when you're out of gas.
Cheer up, at least you can sit on the park bench and look at the kiddies. Don't know about that "private part of the park" you were desiring on another topic. Shame on you.
Nathan Campbell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

You know, God has a way of thinning the gene pool and getting rid of idiots.

What were these two geniuses on ?

Oh well, hopefully PETA will come and burn down their house for burning up the deer.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

I don't think PETA will get involved since it was already dead. But I'm glad to see someone else who doesn't try to whitewash the sheer stupidity of these two. Even if we accept the 11yo to be a little slow, there was no defense for an 18yo tasking part or allowing such a thing.
Nathan Campbell wrote:
You know, God has a way of thinning the gene pool and getting rid of idiots.
What were these two geniuses on ?
Oh well, hopefully PETA will come and burn down their house for burning up the deer.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

$4.15 a gallon to burn a deer ?..... Dumb, nuff said.
Seronica

Harrison, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Too bad for him

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tippecanoe County Discussions

Search the Tippecanoe County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Zeman to challenge Donat for judgeship Jan '14 NoZeman 1
Same-sex couples seeking marriage could be char... (Jul '13) Jul '13 DNF 7
Kemp Wagoner Wagener Waggoner family descendant... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Kathie 1
New Attica police chief named (Oct '12) Feb '13 Harper 3
2nd female Indiana justice to take formal oath (Dec '12) Dec '12 USS Liberty 1
Purdue frats, sororities take break from drinking (Sep '10) Dec '12 tod 2
Murder charge filed in Kossuth Street shooting (Oct '12) Oct '12 Just wondering 2
•••
•••
•••
•••