Purdue frats, sororities take break from drinking

Sep 24, 2010 Full story: Indianapolis Star

Citing what they called a campus culture of underage and otherwise dangerous drinking, leaders of Purdue University's fraternities, sororities and cooperative houses declared a drinking moratorium Thursday.

Full Story
PARENT

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 24, 2010
As a mother of a student that spends a lot of time on campus, I applaud this decision but I do believe the kids will still drink & party. they will be more careful as to who sees them.. I strongly disagree that the co-op housing should EVER allow drinking & alchohol in the houses/rooms especially the Christian womens co-op.. Most students do attend college to get an education & not on sex/drugs/drinking. PLEASE refraim from all that drinking & partying. Think about when you have children. how do you want them to act/behave? Men/women please would you like for your sister, siblings to be treated like this? DO not be mean & take advantage of the women?
tod

West Lafayette, IN

#2 Dec 15, 2012
You future employer will want to sit down and have a drink with you...not talk about how you studied for hours and had no life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tippecanoe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New ISP troopers hit the road Aug '14 Idealist101 1
Zeman to challenge Donat for judgeship (Jan '14) Jan '14 NoZeman 1
Same-sex couples seeking marriage could be char... (Jul '13) Jul '13 DNF 7
Kemp Wagoner Wagener Waggoner family descendant... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Kathie 1
New Attica police chief named (Oct '12) Feb '13 Harper 3
2nd female Indiana justice to take formal oath (Dec '12) Dec '12 USS Liberty 1
Murder charge filed in Kossuth Street shooting (Oct '12) Oct '12 Just wondering 2
More from around the web