Lafayette man also guilty in child's ...

Lafayette man also guilty in child's neglect death

There are 24 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 3, 2006, titled Lafayette man also guilty in child's neglect death. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Christian Gauvin's insistence in taking the stand Thursday morning just might be what solidified in the minds of jurors his guilt for the death of his 4-year-old daughter, Aiyana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Greengrl

Leesburg, IN

#21 Nov 3, 2006
Matt wrote:
If you were afaid of your wife you really better be afraid of your cell mates. I hope that find out that you beat up on a little girl becuase they will show you what it feels like to be abused. Have fun for the next 20-50 years you deserve everything you get in prison.
Amen to that!!!
dolly

Polk, OH

#22 Nov 3, 2006
I believe the only reason for the tears is because he got into trouble. He had opportunity to leave when the stepmother left. Not to mention if he unrestrained her then restrained her again before the stepmother came back he is just as guilty. I mean what did he think she was doing to her if she went to that extreme, and he obviously knew she was capable of torture and abuse. Just a matter of time before she was going to kill her. When it comes to children I believe in an eye for an eye. In this case a death for a death!
Shawn

Madison, IN

#23 Nov 3, 2006
how could he not care at all? If i was him i would just shoot myself. As a matter of fact the judge should hand the guy a gun and give him the option to shoot himself and end his own pathetic life
... heck I get pissed when my wife lets my boy watch too much tv.
Mary H

Alexandria, IN

#24 Nov 3, 2006
Why did he do this to a little child who could not defend herself.He was her suppose to be her protecter.Not aide in her abuse and he was a man he could have stood up to his wife and he knows 911 he could have called and told them 1-800-4achild he could have called that but he didnt call them he could ahve called without a name and took his child with and she might still be alive and he deserves what he gets from the courts and in prison May God Rest that little girls soul

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tippecanoe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tipton dedicates State Fair Band Day performanc... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Kzp 1
Cellphone search warrant denied in homicide case (Jan '15) Jan '15 relative 1
News Lafayette police shooting review awaits results... (Feb '12) Jan '15 callie Javon sister 11
News New ISP troopers hit the road (Aug '14) Aug '14 Idealist101 1
News Zeman to challenge Donat for judgeship (Jan '14) Jan '14 NoZeman 1
News Same-sex couples seeking marriage could be char... (Jul '13) Jul '13 DNF 7
Kemp Wagoner Wagener Waggoner family descendant... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Kathie 1
More from around the web