Lafayette man also guilty in child's ...

Lafayette man also guilty in child's neglect death

There are 24 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 3, 2006, titled Lafayette man also guilty in child's neglect death. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Christian Gauvin's insistence in taking the stand Thursday morning just might be what solidified in the minds of jurors his guilt for the death of his 4-year-old daughter, Aiyana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Laurie

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Nov 3, 2006
Mr.Gauvin you are a weak liitle man to let this happen to your only daughter, I hope you get what is coming to you in prison.
Tony

Muncie, IN

#2 Nov 3, 2006
Absloutely unbelievable!!!! I never will comprehend how people like this can harm an innocent child. Children do things that upset their parents, but to even think of harming them is completely and utterly inexcuseable. I don't think 50 years is enough time in prison for this guy.
Matt

El Segundo, CA

#3 Nov 3, 2006
If you were afaid of your wife you really better be afraid of your cell mates. I hope that find out that you beat up on a little girl becuase they will show you what it feels like to be abused. Have fun for the next 20-50 years you deserve everything you get in prison.
Momoftwoboys

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Nov 3, 2006
He is a grown man and he is scared??? What did he expect a 4 year old to feel? Take her and give her to the police, to anybody to protect her which he didn't....I think they both deserve way more punishment than what they received! My youngest is 2 and I hurt when he hurts (probably more) and can't imagine intentially hurt ANY child much less letting someone else torture my child!
Tasha

Hartford, CT

#5 Nov 3, 2006
What a wimp!!! and thats putting it lightly. What father in his right mind would ALLOW his father to be abused to death???
Tasha

Hartford, CT

#6 Nov 3, 2006
excuse me....would allow his daughter to be abused to death???
Anderw Zumwalt

Bloomington, IN

#7 Nov 3, 2006
I think that the man should be killed for letting the kid die. People who do that can get that many years and change but then again if you think about it they wont change and do it again. if you let somebody die then you shoul die yourself.It is not fair that your father would let you die. My father left me but he still wont let me die.
disgusted

Crawfordsville, IN

#8 Nov 3, 2006
oh my gosh!
Anderw Zumwalt

Bloomington, IN

#9 Nov 3, 2006
then again people are right the man will deserve what he gets in jail but it should be anout 70 years before he gets out.
RCA

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Nov 3, 2006
Where was the childs biological mother?
RCA

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Nov 3, 2006
You will not last in prison and you deserve everything you get!
JWatterson

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Nov 3, 2006
Until we get real in this society about abuse - and punishment/help - we will end up like the Roman Empire... doomed and destroyed....
concerned

Arcadia, IN

#13 Nov 3, 2006
RCA wrote:
that's a good question!!!
Ginger

Circleville, OH

#14 Nov 3, 2006
cry you Bxxxxxx!!!! I wonder how many tears your child shed??? I have absolutely no sympathy for you.You were given a beautiful little cherub from God......and I am sure she thanks you for how you protected her. I hope you can't sleep for the images that go through your mind.You will never walk out of prison.As you deserve.
indygal

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Nov 3, 2006
RCA wrote:
The child's biological mother lost custody of her due to neglect. This poor little girl was not really wanted at all...and that is very sad. There are plenty of families out there who can't have children that would have loved to give her a loving home to grow up in, but unfortunately she will never get that chance.
May Aiyana now be at peace. And I hope Mr. Gauvin get what he deserves in prison...they don't like child killers there!
hmmmmm

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Nov 3, 2006
what about the wife's children, were they abused?? who has them now?
Lil

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Nov 3, 2006
<just shaking my head>how can any person, let alone a parent sit back and watch a child being abused like that. Knowing it makes you just as guilty as if by your hands. I hope her beautiful lil face haunts you
Indiana Dad

Miamisburg, OH

#18 Nov 3, 2006
And yet another terrible situation. But you know what ... maybe Kansas needs to take a look and Indiana's laws .. because the step mother got sentenced last week to life in prison without parole! Wonder why the scum that killed the 16 year old this week, and murdered the 5 year old in Kansas only got 25 years for the boys murder?

I guess this father only got 20 - 50 years because of the fact that he didn't actually kill her, only that he allowed it to happen.

Way to many sick people in this country walk the streets free after way to short of a sentence for terrible crimes!
Kelley

Bloomington, IN

#19 Nov 3, 2006
May God have mercy on his soul
Uknown

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Nov 3, 2006
I just can't believe how a human being could possibly do such a thing to a innocent child, may god have mercy on her soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tippecanoe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Owner Of Delphi Murder Site Tells Officer He Vi... Jun '17 UseYourBrain 11
Tippecanoe County Arrest Records and Criminal M... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Daniel 2
News Tipton dedicates State Fair Band Day performanc... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Kzp 1
Cellphone search warrant denied in homicide case (Jan '15) Jan '15 relative 1
News Lafayette police shooting review awaits results... (Feb '12) Jan '15 callie Javon sister 11
News New ISP troopers hit the road (Aug '14) Aug '14 Idealist101 1
News Zeman to challenge Donat for judgeship (Jan '14) Jan '14 NoZeman 1
More from around the web