Ripley police shooting involving dog ...

Ripley police shooting involving dog injuries child

There are 15 comments on the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal story from Mar 20, 2011, titled Ripley police shooting involving dog injuries child. In it, Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that:

Two police officers being attacked by a large dog Friday morning shot the animal, and a bullet fragment ricocheted and struck a child.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal.

wondering

Staten Island, NY

#1 Mar 21, 2011
I heard Scott White was the officer that done the shooting is that so?
wonderingtoo

Ripley, MS

#2 Mar 21, 2011
sounds to me like some of the same expert marksmanship that shot the cop in dumas.
wow

United States

#3 Mar 21, 2011
Did ya'll see channel 3 news?The dog turned out to be a 10 month old puppy.The tupelo journal said it weighed 120lbs looked to me more like 50lbs
toofunny

Ripley, MS

#4 Mar 22, 2011
wow wrote:
Did ya'll see channel 3 news?The dog turned out to be a 10 month old puppy.The tupelo journal said it weighed 120lbs looked to me more like 50lbs
Yes, I noticed that also. Did you notice on the news that the chief said the dog "lurched" at them I though it was suppose to be "lunged", what fine representation of the department that was. As far as the animal control worker, did he not have anything to catch the dog with, really a grown man being held at bay in a car by a 45 pound dog. Will Ripley ever be on the news for the good that we do instead of everything being a complete joke and just making us look bad. Yes, the drug bust at the Eagle was a "good" one finally, but look how many bad ones in the last year alone.
hi u doing

Ripley, MS

#5 Mar 26, 2011
toofunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I noticed that also. Did you notice on the news that the chief said the dog "lurched" at them I though it was suppose to be "lunged", what fine representation of the department that was. As far as the animal control worker, did he not have anything to catch the dog with, really a grown man being held at bay in a car by a 45 pound dog. Will Ripley ever be on the news for the good that we do instead of everything being a complete joke and just making us look bad. Yes, the drug bust at the Eagle was a "good" one finally, but look how many bad ones in the last year alone.
ANOTHER SUBJECT almost run over ever evening in the county by a city patrol car,,someone told me its forbidden to take a city vehicle out of city limits unless job related,looked like matt bateman driving
Wondering

Water Valley, MS

#6 Apr 4, 2011
what's going on with our law enforcement today

Since: Jun 12

United States

#7 Jun 3, 2012
toofunny wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe just me but I think I should be given a try as dog catcher seriously being held at bay by a 45 lb dog that prolly just wanted to be petted!
howdy

Ripley, MS

#8 Jul 4, 2012
toofunny wrote:
<quoted text>
look what u got in ripley,,scott white,lonnie heavner,,,enough said
True Enough

Prattville, AL

#9 Jul 4, 2012
Hahaha that's so true!! These so called protectors are a bunch of as*holes and DO NOT DESERVE A BADGE ESPECIALLY LONNIE!!!! what is wrong with hiring good cops??? BTW, Scott wasn't voted in, right? He stepped up for Graddys position and quite sure WE NEEDED A VOTE IN CHIEF NOT JUST EXCEPTING JUST ANYONE UN OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!
extippahresident

Jackson, MS

#10 Oct 9, 2012
Best thing i did was move. The lay enforcement there has never been righteous. Don't get me wrong there has been a couple decent cops but for the most part they are just as bad if not worse than the criminals. If i ever wanna get away with killing someone i will be back there tho. Its been proven time and time again that you can murder someone there and walk the streets
Farmington

Ripley, MS

#11 Oct 9, 2012
extippahresident wrote:
Best thing i did was move. The lay enforcement there has never been righteous. Don't get me wrong there has been a couple decent cops but for the most part they are just as bad if not worse than the criminals. If i ever wanna get away with killing someone i will be back there tho. Its been proven time and time again that you can murder someone there and walk the streets
Stay tha hell out bitch
Adams Fan

Ripley, MS

#12 Oct 18, 2012
Donna Adams is stepping up to the plate now! Can't wait to see how Scott White match's up to her with his little crow Ryan Swallow!
yep

Ripley, MS

#13 Nov 9, 2012
how about bust the crook at peoples bank that keeps supplying drugs? or some of the other higher ups? come on carl, grow some and show them they cant do whatever they want because they have money.
Changing Times

Ripley, MS

#14 Nov 10, 2012
yep wrote:
how about bust the crook at peoples bank that keeps supplying drugs? or some of the other higher ups? come on carl, grow some and show them they cant do whatever they want because they have money.
Just sayin', but..... I've never seen a dollar or a pill or powder stop a bullet. And, times are changing. The poor are getting more poor and as these times change, desperation will set in. Who do you think THEY are gonna go after? They are gonna eventually get fed up with these PUSHY MEAN ASS cops and they will be ready to bust a cap in their ass and when it comes to money, they KNOW where to go get it!

Drugs? They know where they are too! So.... sit back and watch all these dumb ass's hang them selves!
kno4sho

United States

#15 Nov 22, 2012
I was there when scott shot tha dog it was a young dog that just wanted petted when the dog approached him he said halt dog..as if the dog knew wat that meant and then he shot twice trigger happy cop he could have killed that kid or anyone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tippah County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Janae Feb 13 Wantstokno 1
Tax dollars fund affairs Feb 12 Datsrit 2
Jerry decanter (Jan '14) Feb 9 For real 20
News Prentiss County sheriff charges Ripley man with... (Nov '15) Feb 8 ThunderChicken 3
crookit azz tommy garrett (Jan '11) Jan 30 Timber21 8
Ashley page (Feb '16) Dec '17 Steven Graves 5
Buck Buchanan Dec '17 Ripley Resident 1
More from around the web