Jailer killed in Telfair County

A Telfair County jailer was shot to death at his residence early this morning. Roscoe Latrell Harris, 32, of McRae, was shot by an intruder as he lay in bed with his wife at about 2:30 a.m., said K.A. Golden, ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Charles Brown

Tybee Island, GA

#2 Jun 16, 2006
I think its wrong. I think the whole judicial in the state of Georgia is wrong. For one...why put jailers in the position to be life threatened. Like letting family come see inmates..boom..inmates tell them to do it..and then its done. I mean come on...find out who done it..he'll 5 maybe 10 years in prison. Hence if i was caught with a marijuana cigarette id do more time. Now how messed up is that? Come on now people..wake-up..lets do something about this!!!
8baLL

Ellijay, GA

#3 Jun 16, 2006
Dan King Sr - Dublin GA wrote:
Sympathy to the wife and family of Mr. Harris. I have confidence that the perpetrator will be apprehended soon if not already. Blessings to the fine people of McRae and Telfair County as you offer comfort to the Harris family.
much love 2 the family, roscoe was a good dude...my bf and friends all liked him a lot. he was just a great guy who would get along with anybody and he'll be missed. peace roscoe...rip
8baLL

Ellijay, GA

#4 Jun 16, 2006
Charles Brown wrote:
I think its wrong. I think the whole judicial in the state of Georgia is wrong. For one...why put jailers in the position to be life threatened. Like letting family come see inmates..boom..inmates tell them to do it..and then its done. I mean come on...find out who done it..he'll 5 maybe 10 years in prison. Hence if i was caught with a marijuana cigarette id do more time. Now how messed up is that? Come on now people..wake-up..lets do something about this!!!
True, but on the other hand it wasnt the jailers letting imates go home to their familes for the week-end or holidays. and most of the times they know the weed is there because the smell it burning. like i said that let all kinds of shit go on. wasnt the jailers fault no was it so dont go there okay...i know telfair damn good and while those imates are smoking bud, just know that the law enforcment there are doing the same shit buddy. RIP Roscoe
John Waite

Selangor, Malaysia

#5 Jun 18, 2006
I'm afraid the rabbit hole runs much deeper my friends...it's
about crack cocaine...some of the other Armstrong fold...and
some local law enforcement on the brothers' payroll. Everybody
knows who is doing what...who hauls the yeah in...who is getting
young girls at the highschool hooked on it for sex...EVERYBODY
WHO IS ANYBODY KNOWS who in local gov't has been getting a cut on
the skim...who has been getting payoffs to allow alcohol sales
and cig sales to minors on Sundays as well as the same fast food
establishment running video poker machines and giving illegal
payouts to winners...who comes by this same place and picks up
payoff's....everyone knows who is doing what...it's just who is
willing to take a stroll across the pound. Rosco did what he
thought was right...and he lost his life fo it...RIP Rosco...you
will be missed. The DA doesn't call Telfair Co "Hellfair" Co
for nothing.
Mya

United States

#6 Jun 18, 2006
Roscoe, you will be missed dearly. I sympathize with the Harris family. Roscoe was a very dear and cherished friend of mine. We grew up together. I will always remember and cherish our memories from childhood to now. I will continue to pray for Dorothy Jean and her faily in this time of bereavement. Roscoe, "we are coming home...."
Movin on up

Selangor, Malaysia

#7 Jun 19, 2006
John Waite wrote:
I'm afraid the rabbit hole runs much deeper my friends...it's
about crack cocaine...some of the other Armstrong fold...and
some local law enforcement on the brothers' payroll. Everybody
knows who is doing what...who hauls the yeah in...who is getting
young girls at the highschool hooked on it for sex...EVERYBODY
WHO IS ANYBODY KNOWS who in local gov't has been getting a cut on
the skim...who has been getting payoffs to allow alcohol sales
and cig sales to minors on Sundays as well as the same fast food
establishment running video poker machines and giving illegal
payouts to winners...who comes by this same place and picks up
payoff's....everyone knows who is doing what...it's just who is
willing to take a stroll across the pound. Rosco did what he
thought was right...and he lost his life fo it...RIP Rosco...you
will be missed. The DA doesn't call Telfair Co "Hellfair" Co
for nothing.
Hell yall, everybody knows its Ken Wilcox (yeah the police chief's
crew) That Dubose boy that got arrested for killing Roscoe is
Ken Wilcox's stepson. Damn, Ken's got McRae down on lock with the
dope scene. He even got the prison warden in his posse pumpin
drugs into the prison...I be tired of hearin bout him. He got a
fuckin Taliban goin on us niggas that give a damn...shit! He in
real tight with Ike Armstrong...real tight. I'm glad I'm about
to get up out of this mother fucker! Ken gettin paid by everybody!
Tonga Brown -Sissy-Alma

Memphis, TN

#8 Jun 20, 2006
I would like to send my deepest heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Rosco's family. I knew him very well when we were at the wildest times of our lives; clubbing and hanging out till dawn. No one ever understands why a life is taken but when these times effect us personally we have to remember to stand on the word of God for guidance and understanding. I will definitely be praying for all of those involved and all of the people left to grieve Rosco. It is not up to man to decide when a life is over, regardless of the situation. I just hope his family can find peace and continue to walk with God.
8baLL

Ellijay, GA

#9 Jun 20, 2006
Movin on up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yall, everybody knows its Ken Wilcox (yeah the police chief's
crew) That Dubose boy that got arrested for killing Roscoe is
Ken Wilcox's stepson. Damn, Ken's got McRae down on lock with the
dope scene. He even got the prison warden in his posse pumpin
drugs into the prison...I be tired of hearin bout him. He got a
fuckin Taliban goin on us niggas that give a damn...shit! He in
real tight with Ike Armstrong...real tight. I'm glad I'm about
to get up out of this mother fucker! Ken gettin paid by everybody!
Ken's stepson?! Dalston Horne, i went 2 school wit him, when did they find dis out? and what they gon' do wit him now?
Dorothy Cooper Family

Lawrenceburg, TN

#10 Jun 20, 2006
Roscoe will be missed. as my family pray and hope that his family make it through cause this is a hard time but we love yall and will be here for yall.
Dorothy Cooper Family

Lawrenceburg, TN

#11 Jun 20, 2006
We send our prayer to the harris family and want to let you know that we are here for you at your time of sorrow.
Movin On Out

Selangor, Malaysia

#12 Jun 20, 2006
8baLL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken's stepson?! Dalston Horne, i went 2 school wit him, when did they find dis out? and what they gon' do wit him now?
Now man..one wit de bitch from Albany that broke in Rosco's home
and shot him....Dubose.
8baLL

Ellijay, GA

#13 Jun 21, 2006
what his name? he from telfair
8baLL

Ellijay, GA

#14 Jun 21, 2006
Charles Brown wrote:
I think its wrong. I think the whole judicial in the state of Georgia is wrong. For one...why put jailers in the position to be life threatened. Like letting family come see inmates..boom..inmates tell them to do it..and then its done. I mean come on...find out who done it..he'll 5 maybe 10 years in prison. Hence if i was caught with a marijuana cigarette id do more time. Now how messed up is that? Come on now people..wake-up..lets do something about this!!!
u used 2 be a teacher in telfair right?
tellall

Tifton, GA

#15 Jun 21, 2006
Heck the whole damn town is corrupt as well as dodge county... all bs politics and the FBI is on to them all...they are all going down and I"m loving every minute of it... can't give out the inside info but it is all going to come crashing down on all of them and it's to late for the cover up they've got all the info they're just letting telfair and dodge counties bury themselves as deep as they can before they pounce em all...

STILL IT IS SAD God bless they family they don't deserve all of this at all...:(
Babydoll

Lawrenceburg, TN

#16 Jun 21, 2006
8baLL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken's stepson?! Dalston Horne, i went 2 school wit him, when did they find dis out? and what they gon' do wit him now?


This guy who shot Roscoe was Ken Wilcox's brother stepson.
Babydoll

Lawrenceburg, TN

#17 Jun 21, 2006
The guy who shot Roscoe was Ken Wilcox's brother stepson.Anyway it was still bad to hear I didn't really know Roscoe but seen him a couple times at the store getting gas, but even though I didn't know him no one had the right to take his life or anybody else's. My deepest sympathy goes out to the family. And I hope they get everyone that was involved and make them PAY.....
Babydoll

Lawrenceburg, TN

#18 Jun 21, 2006
The guy that killed Roscoe was Ken's brother stepson.
Terri leggett tacoma wa

Tacoma, WA

#20 Jun 22, 2006
i am originally from hazlehurst ga where roscoe family resides roscoe ws a good friend of mine and will begreatly missed
my prayers and deepest regret go out to ms dorthy harris
i love you and will miss roscoe
A CHIL OF GOD

United States

#21 Jun 22, 2006
GOD SEES EVERYTHING N EVERYONE,PEOPLE HIDE FROM ONE ANOTHER BUT GOD SEES EVERYTHING N EVERYONE THE SEEDS THAT A PERSON PLANT MUST GROW MAY NOT BE TOMORROW R NEXT YEAR BUT THEY WILL GROW GOD WILL C TO THAT PERSON R PERSONS WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN, IF WE PUT THINGS LIKE THIS IN HIS HAND R PEOPLE JUSTICE WILL PERVAIL STEP BACK N LET GOD DO HIS JOB N DONT INTERFEAR PRAYER IS THE KEY BELIVE ME IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!! MY PRAYER THAT GOD WILL SHOW EVERY HAND N FACE IN THIS MATTER N HAVE MERCY...
A Friend

Augusta, GA

#22 Jun 22, 2006
This is a real sad situation. I feel so sorry for everyone involved around this situation. The family, the friends, and even the people responsible because they did not realize how precious a life can be. Roscoe was a kind person and a friend. I always referred to him as a Ruben Studdard look alike.He will be missed dearly by myself and my family.It is just so hard to say good-bye to someone who left so unannounced and so sudden.But you know God is good and he makes no mistakes.To the Family, you are all in our prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Telfair County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dead body found in Dodge County Aug 29 I heard it 10
Major Fight Puts 2 Telfair State Prison Dorms o... (Nov '11) Aug 22 geminiredd 20
Deputies: Man had weapon of mass destruction11:... Aug 21 AntiBloomy 1
Large fight a Renegades Night Club in Scotland GA Jul '14 Civil Citizen 1
Illegal Gambling Machines (Feb '14) Feb '14 Anonymous 1
Telfair County Sheriff Office (Jul '13) Aug '13 FATDADDY 3
Telfair County Board of Education (Jul '13) Jul '13 Concerned Resident 1
•••

Telfair County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••