Community unified in efforts to prese...

Community unified in efforts to preserve historic opera house

There are 3 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from Oct 8, 2012, titled Community unified in efforts to preserve historic opera house. In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

POCAHONTAS, Va. - Coal built Pocahontas, and when most of the coal had been mined out, jobs and ultimately the companies that provided those jobs, started leaving the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

soooo

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 16, 2012
Isn't the building gone now ? I mean is there still a debate as the whether they keep it?
use to be

Ardsley, NY

#2 Oct 17, 2012
That place use to be so nice and neat I remember as a teen going to ball room style dances there and pageants it was so neat with the big bulb lights around the mirrors very cool or at least I thought so .
graduate

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 19, 2012
we had our senior prom up there a few years ago when the school was still open....it still has the potential to be nice if the project would get put into the right hands...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two charged with manufacturing methamphetamine (Jan '12) Sep 14 RedToppm 7
News Richlands principal retiring (Jun '12) Sep 14 RedToppm 12
News Spearhead Trail progress pushes ahead to become... (May '13) Aug 29 Riding 7
Gays (Mar '17) Apr '17 concerned 2
News Tazewell County, VA was hit the worst with the ... Apr '17 concerned 1
black lung disease Mar '17 butterfly641 1
News Tazewell grand jury indictments include child p... (Mar '14) Mar '16 Tony 3
More from around the web