Tazewell County Sheriff's Office rais...

Tazewell County Sheriff's Office raises money for fallen Virginia T...

There are 14 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from May 17, 2012, titled Tazewell County Sheriff's Office raises money for fallen Virginia T.... In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

TAZEWELL, Va. - Members of the Tazewell County Sheriff's Office gathered together Thursday afternoon at a cook out aimed at raising money for fallen Virginia Tech Officer Deriek Crouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

Thank You

United States

#1 May 19, 2012
As a friend of Officer Crouse, and someone who has many friends and family in law enforcement who risk their lives for us every day, your gesture is very much appreciated. God Bless each and every one of you.
What

United States

#2 May 19, 2012
Did they do it on their own time or did my tax dollars pay for that too. Like the election for Hieatt?
Seriously

United States

#3 May 19, 2012
What wrote:
Did they do it on their own time or did my tax dollars pay for that too. Like the election for Hieatt?
You are really something. You act like you took money out of your wallet and paid for everything. If you are so worried about what the law enforcement officers do, get your butt out there and do their job. Officer Crouse died in the line of duty. He had a wife and 5 kids. Would you like to pay their bills? I think it was very gracious of the TCSD to raise money for this officers family. You obviously have a rock where your heart should be.
from the past

United States

#4 May 20, 2012
What wrote:
sounds like the republican party of tazewell county is at it again. they couldnt get "orange co resident" roger nelson a nomination so they decide to
go after the dead. people i just wish you would shut up and get a life.
the republicans lost the election fair and square and it isnt fair that people
would drag a dead mans name through the mud for political reasons. and just so you know, I didnt back hieatt, I backed campbell. but the deputies are doing
something very caring for a fallen officer so shut up and get a life
What

Richlands, VA

#5 May 21, 2012
No one is dragging anyone's name through the mud. I'm just saying that I paid over $35K in taxes last year to keep you sorry asses up. If you're going to fund raise for anything it needs to be on your own time. It does come directly out of my pocket idiot.
Yess

Port Republic, VA

#6 May 21, 2012
What wrote:
No one is dragging anyone's name through the mud. I'm just saying that I paid over $35K in taxes last year to keep you sorry asses up. If you're going to fund raise for anything it needs to be on your own time. It does come directly out of my pocket idiot.
No one who makes that kind of money spends wasted time on topix. If I had your address I would send you the 25cents that your taxes funds the sheriff's department. I don't agee with all they do, but making the effort to raise some $ for this family was very honorable.
obama is gone

Richlands, VA

#7 May 21, 2012
from the past wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like the republican party of tazewell county is at it again. they couldnt get "orange co resident" roger nelson a nomination so they decide to
go after the dead. people i just wish you would shut up and get a life.
the republicans lost the election fair and square and it isnt fair that people
would drag a dead mans name through the mud for political reasons. and just so you know, I didnt back hieatt, I backed campbell. but the deputies are doing
something very caring for a fallen officer so shut up and get a life
So its Bushes fault? Typical obama ass kisser you are. This is about helping the brave men and women that protect us. Now your trying to campaign. Typical democrat! reminds me why i quit voting for them.
Voter

United States

#8 May 21, 2012
If we are voting for the one that killed Bin Ladin......I vote for the SEAL.
What

United States

#9 May 21, 2012
Yess wrote:
<quoted text>
No one who makes that kind of money spends wasted time on topix. If I had your address I would send you the 25cents that your taxes funds the sheriff's department. I don't agee with all they do, but making the effort to raise some $ for this family was very honorable.
Sweetie, you would be surprised about annual income people make. Sounds like you don't get it or are not getting it. My $35K if funding all your welfare programs and mostlikely your dumbass. Money that I never see. You likely get one of those tax refund checks too and other gov entitlements. Loser!
Because I want to know where my tax dollars go, makes me the bad guy? You don't even pay taxes.
Wanting to know

Sioux City, IA

#10 May 21, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, you would be surprised about annual income people make. Sounds like you don't get it or are not getting it. My $35K if funding all your welfare programs and mostlikely your dumbass. Money that I never see. You likely get one of those tax refund checks too and other gov entitlements. Loser!
Because I want to know where my tax dollars go, makes me the bad guy? You don't even pay taxes.
where your tax dollars go doesn't make you a bad guy, but your stupid, selfish, and judgemental attitude does. I don't give a crap how much money you make and how many dollars in taxes you pay. If you want to talk about that start a thread of your own. This one is about a slain officer and the family he left behind. It is about doing something good for someone else. You should be ashamed of yourself. What is it with all of these heartless people? I am normally a calm person but right not I am beyond angry!! Officer Crouse happened to be a friend of mine. He lost his life trying to protect someone elses. He deserves some respect and so does the TCSD for the wonderful thing they have done.
Yess

Port Republic, VA

#11 May 22, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all, well said to the last poster. You are a piece of work there mr "what". You don't know anything about me. I do pay taxes and could not tell you the last time I received a tax refund. Will all the waste in government it seems really studpid and selfish to complain about a few locat law enforcement folks getting together for a fund raising cookout. You need to take a long look at yourself. I know right now as you read this you are pi$$ed, but you need to be a whole lot more considerate of those who have given their all for your right to bitch. I am not your judge but you need to get right. Oh, I don't know where to send your quarter so I will make a worthy donation in your name "what".
obama is gone

Richlands, VA

#12 May 22, 2012
Most of you probably dont live by the saying. If you take good care of your pennies your dollars will take care of themselves. Just saying.
from the past

United States

#13 May 22, 2012
obama is gone wrote:
<quoted text>So its Bushes fault? Typical obama ass kisser you are. This is about helping the brave men and women that protect us. Now your trying to campaign. Typical democrat! reminds me why i quit voting for them.
do you want people to know why you really quit voting? just remember that the past will always come out mr former deputy
repo man

Richlands, VA

#14 May 22, 2012
from the past wrote:
<quoted text>
do you want people to know why you really quit voting? just remember that the past will always come out mr former deputy
What makes you so smart? Did you stay at the holiday in last night? Guess again. teehehehe!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tazewell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meth problem makes comeback in Pekin area (Jan '08) Jan '18 Concerned Pekin r... 52
Kenny Ohler murder trial. (Jun '17) Jun '17 paul 1
Albertsons Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Peter 2
News Tremont Man Found Dead in Prison Cell (Jul '11) Jan '14 concerned family ... 4
grants (Sep '12) Sep '12 curious 1
cousin (Jan '12) Jan '12 my cousin 1
tazewell court system (May '11) May '11 Anonymous 1