Letter: Man has history of allegation...

Letter: Man has history of allegations against DA

There are 8 comments on the Marshfield News-Herald story from Sep 3, 2009, titled Letter: Man has history of allegations against DA. In it, Marshfield News-Herald reports that:

Editor: In response to Paul Hoffmann's letter that appeared in your Aug. 26 edition: As an officer of the court, I have the highest respect for Taylor County jurors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marshfield News-Herald.

raggedyandy

Rhinelander, WI

#1 Sep 21, 2009
Obsess much?

Wow.
Missy

Abbotsford, WI

#2 Jan 5, 2010
Raggedy do you know the whole story
Rib Lake Boy

Cedaredge, CO

#3 Jan 7, 2010
Not but I bet Missy and whatever other names the hoffmanns hide behind will tell us.

Whether we want to see it or not
Missy

Abbotsford, WI

#4 Jan 9, 2010
Rib Lake Boy wrote:
Not but I bet Missy and whatever other names the hoffmanns hide behind will tell us.
Whether we want to see it or not
who are you talking about Rib lake boy i have no idea who you or the Hoffmanns are
Rib Lake Boy

Cedaredge, CO

#5 Jan 9, 2010
Missy wrote:
<quoted text> who are you talking about Rib lake boy i have no idea who you or the Hoffmanns are
Uh-huh...sure.
Wander2000

Medford, WI

#6 Feb 4, 2010
I would love to see a running tab of the money Paul Hoffman's complaining has cost us taxpayers?
RLWT

Hotchkiss, CO

#7 Feb 17, 2010
Wander2000 wrote:
I would love to see a running tab of the money Paul Hoffman's complaining has cost us taxpayers?
Paul didn't cost the people anything, it was their unethical, hateful false accusations. It's too bad some of these people in their so called positions could not have been descent and worked with Paul. At least Paul Hoffman was a real cop, someone you could trust and talk to and he would look into things and not cover things up. These people in their so called postions did it to themselves, if they were ethical and not so hateful things could have been different and people would have been better off because of Paul. But thats what happens when you some hateful people that don't see what they are doing. For instance, when the Rib Lake village clerk Dawn Swenson made her harassment complaint against Paul and the attorney's said to let it go it was not harassment, Village Trustee Bill Schriener had to push it more and they hired a retired FBI agent to investigate a second time and it was again, not harassment. They told Schriener to knock it off or it could be harassment of Paul. When Dawn Swenson saw the bill she said it was not her it was the board. It cost the people $20,000 because some members on the board were so hateful. So if I were you I would thank Bill Schriener and Dawn Swenson for that one and the same with the other things that have gone on, if they would have done things right it would not have cost anything. But they have a big bully that has to push things to make it bad for all, they get their revenge and everyone pays for it not just them and they do not care. No wonder there is a recall of Bill Schriener in the village. Don't get me started on all the unethical games they played with Dis Atty Karl Kelz and cost us.
Wander2000

Medford, WI

#8 Feb 17, 2010
The John Doe didn't cost a dime?

Really?

Paul Hoffman didn't follow the Village President around like a lap dog, didn't sit in his house for hours while on duty?

Paul Hoffman didn't use the village squad car to follow the village workers around keeping notes?

Paul Hoffman and the Village Crew didn't constantly bicker?

None of this cost the taxpayers money?

Listen, I don't think Hoffman did a terrible job while in office, but I don't think he was Super Cop either. I am sure there were some issues, I know personally that his private citizen ride-a-longs were a bit suspect..

Do I think some village members had or have personal agenda's.. I certainly know they do. I am not naive enough to think that they don't have some guilt as well.. problem is, small town politics suck and are a headache that most don't want to get involved in.

They made a decision a few years ago.. based on a number of different factors.. Paul's actions in Rib Lake and with the county figured in. That is not just one single person, that is a number of different people weighing in.. not to mention that Bill isn't the only one on the board that made the decision.

That is called life.. some can accept their short comings and work towards bettering them.. some can't and carry the grudge for the rest of their lifetime. It is what it is..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taylor County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attempted murder charges dropped (Jul '11) Oct '14 ripped off 2004 6
News Grievance against Taylor Co. DA leads to divers... (Jan '08) Dec '13 hahaha 11
News Victims of Taylor Co. murder-suicide identified (Jan '10) Jul '13 They Know Some 91
News Taylor County man sentenced for drunken driving (Sep '12) Oct '12 Kelz Must Go 6
News Charges against men include arson (Dec '11) Dec '11 Village Secerts 2
News Taylor Co. man arrested after chase, standoff (Mar '10) Jun '10 Daniels for sheriff 16
News Woman convicted for delivering cocaine in Taylo... (Apr '10) Apr '10 not too smart 2
More from around the web