Murderer up for parole 40 years after...

Murderer up for parole 40 years after killing fifth-grader

There are 9 comments on the ReporterNews.com story from Jul 7, 2009, titled Murderer up for parole 40 years after killing fifth-grader. In it, ReporterNews.com reports that:

Nearly 40 years after murdering a fifth-grader, a former Dyess Air Force Base airman is being reviewed for parole.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ReporterNews.com.

EForce

Dardanelle, AR

#1 Jul 7, 2009
NO F------ way!!! Rot in jail FOREVER JACKHOLE!!!

Since: Jul 09

United States

#2 Jul 9, 2009
I went to Lincoln Middle school with Landra Worthington. I remember all of us in shock to learn that one of our dear classmates family would be planning a funeral for thier little sister. It seems everyday the newspaper would bring out more & more gory details of this childs murder. Then we prayed for the family for what they were having to endure though this tragedy. I remember the poem that Karla wrote for Tona. It was near Tonas birthday when she died and I can still see Karla holding the paper and reading the poem. There wasn't a dried eye in our home. Tona may be gone, but she really does live in everyones hearts and will never be forgotten. We pray for the Worthington family each time that the Creel case comes up and we will speak up to on
keeping him in prison. God bless this family.
citizenuo2

Lubbock, TX

#3 Sep 29, 2009
It's A very sad day for this little girls family,time will never bring back her touch.Time is what is given to a murder,time must be served!!If A murder really feels bad at his or her actions then why are they asking for parole?As your(offender)last days in this planet ,at least be strong enough to go down,as you have a choice the victims didn't,you(offenders)made thier choice.The victims never are the ones that get,a deal,so why!? should the offenders??!!Be a man and due your time,like a big boy!!
Brenda

Strawn, TX

#4 Oct 25, 2009
I remember when this happened. Some said the son of this man really did it and he wanted to protect his son. I say if the son did it then the father should stay where he is and the son pay also. Helping his son only allowed more pain by other children.
Brenda

Strawn, TX

#5 Oct 25, 2009
I remember when this horrible thing was done. My mom lived in the apts near the school. We had heard the man was covering for his son who really did it. If that is so this guy should pay also. Keep the father there if he covered for his son that only put a murder back on the street. Both should rot in prison
Brenda

Strawn, TX

#6 Oct 25, 2009
I remember when this horrible thing happened. We had heard the son of this man really did the killing and the father covered. If this is so then the BOTH should rot in prison.
JAY WESTMORELAND

Killeen, TX

#7 Oct 28, 2009
how can i get your paper saw it at a freinds and loved it no liberals in buffalo gap
sick

Jerome, ID

#8 Jun 15, 2010
no way he should get out the girl is dead forever so he should be locked up foreve what is the world comeing to when they let baby killers and rapestout to do it all overe he should of being killed sick sob go to helll you will sick man
Justice DOES Matter

Puyallup, WA

#9 Jul 30, 2013
Brenda wrote:
I remember when this horrible thing happened. We had heard the son of this man really did the killing and the father covered. If this is so then the BOTH should rot in prison.
No, this man is the one who did it. The circumstantial evidence was overwhelming, including the fact that he has sexually assaulted at least 2 other girls in the 1960s. His son had no involvement, was too young. And this man, James Creel pranced around in the court room and taunted Tona's mother during the trial. I got this straight from a family member of Tona's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taylor County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wind projects (Nov '12) Nov '12 Adrian 1
hot copper (Oct '10) Oct '10 unknown 1
News Ford will stop making Crown Vics next year (Sep '10) Sep '10 Red Cham 1
News AroundTown 09/14 (Sep '10) Sep '10 houstontx 2
News Taylor County Sheriff's report (Dec '09) Dec '09 Johnny Harris 1
News Abilene Police Report: Arrest for family violen... (Oct '09) Oct '09 responsible adult 1
News Mother indicted for allegedly scalding twins wi... (Oct '08) Oct '08 lucy 4
More from around the web