Man charged with breaking into animal...

Man charged with breaking into animal shelter

There are 20 comments on the Central KY News Journal story from Aug 13, 2007, titled Man charged with breaking into animal shelter. In it, Central KY News Journal reports that:

A Campbellsville man has been arrested and charged with burglary after he allegedly broke in to the Taylor County Animal Shelter and stole two dogs. via Central KY News Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Central KY News Journal.

Heartless

Clarkson, KY

#1 Aug 14, 2007
bad
John Harris disgust me

Sonora, KY

#3 Aug 14, 2007
The dogs were his...I don't blame him...I think they got loose and animal control picked them up..ANIMAL SHELTER + JOHN HARRIS = ANIMAL CRUELTY
GuardDog

Bolivar, MO

#4 Aug 14, 2007
Why dident the News Journal have the Police K-9 in their paper. HUM
strippas say what

Leitchfield, KY

#5 Aug 14, 2007
GuardDog wrote:
yeah really. wonder why
GuardDog

Bolivar, MO

#6 Aug 14, 2007
I'll tell you why. Because the Publisher dosent want the people that obtain the county and city sound bad.
Taylor Co Sex Offenders

Leitchfield, KY

#7 Aug 14, 2007
I think we see eye to eye on things Guard Dog
hmmm

Ashburn, VA

#8 Aug 15, 2007
if you knew the story - he had been out of town and had a friend to let his dogs out - she wsa unable to get 2 of the dogs back in the home - they were picked up and when the owner returned he was told that the dogs were at the animal shelter...he went to the animal shelter and the door was open he waited for awhile for someone to assist him...called a few places and no one came so he took the dogs...i think I would have done the same - how can you break into something that is open to reclaim you property? So since the post office is open all the time if I go in and take my own mail...they going to charge me with robbery? my understanding is that he even left the fees that were due on the counter with a note - so how is that fair at all? Maybe not the wisest of choices but not robbery by any means.
biggin

Atlanta, GA

#9 Sep 12, 2007
They probably needed water and to be fed anyway, aint that right mr policeman? truth be told they probably came to get baldwin in the "vacant" k9 car.
Nothing

Thailand

#11 Feb 9, 2012
Nothing changes much in Campbellsville does it?
What a joke

Thailand

#12 Feb 9, 2012
The criminals run the government. meanwhile Lee Otto needs to have his bogus charges dismissed. At first the cops said he was there in a tank. I guess they would charge him with that too if they could find a tank somewhere. They dismissed baldwin's CRAZY charges and need to dismiss Otto's. He was set up.
What a joke

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Feb 9, 2012
GuardDog wrote:
ha. five years later nothing changed.$10000 dog dead, animals buried alive. shelter break-in. CRAZY arrest at animal shelter. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON PEOPLE?
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#14 Feb 9, 2012
Where is Lee Otto now? In jail? And where is that woman (Christina Gribbins?) that supposedly confessed to dumping dogs in Marion County? Is she in jail?
troublemaker

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Feb 9, 2012
What the hell is going on around here. We need Justice down here investigating the shelter break-in, dog dumping, live dog burying, racketeering-
wondering

Atlanta, GA

#19 Feb 9, 2012
MuswellHill wrote:
Where is Lee Otto now? In jail? And where is that woman (Christina Gribbins?) that supposedly confessed to dumping dogs in Marion County? Is she in jail?
Didn't Christina Gribbins work at the animal shelter? Wasn't she the one Lisa, Harris's ex-wife, fired for messing around with John?
the truth

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Feb 9, 2012
If nobody investigates all this racketeering, nobody will ever know. maybe the newspaper will solve the crimes! LMAO JK JK!
Scooby

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Feb 9, 2012
the truth wrote:
If nobody investigates all this racketeering, nobody will ever know. maybe the newspaper will solve the crimes! LMAO JK JK!
Racketeering you say? No one has produced any actual proof of any wrong doings at the shelter and a handfull of people are ready to take scalps. Now you come with racketeering. How does any of the allegations coincide with organized crime? This is just way over the top even for the local tree huggers.
the Truth

Atlanta, GA

#22 Feb 9, 2012
Scooby wrote:
<quoted text>Racketeering you say? No one has produced any actual proof of any wrong doings at the shelter and a handfull of people are ready to take scalps. Now you come with racketeering. How does any of the allegations coincide with organized crime? This is just way over the top even for the local tree huggers.
give it up JeffSchwab. Stop digging up old threads to start more crap. GET A LIFE, YOU FREAK. If you spent as much time fornicating with Kim as you do starting crap, she might not have to service bulls.
FYI

Campbellsville, KY

#23 Feb 9, 2012
odd... the shelter kills police dog in 2007...there is a "break in"

the shelter is all over the news for botched killings in late 2011.....there is a "break in"

can you say diversion
jjat5k

Vine Grove, KY

#24 Feb 9, 2012
if our local newspaper would do their job and report what they know, everyone would finally have the truth. can't believe people are that afraid of losing a job with that newspaper. most people I know have quit reading it because there is no real news. only cover-ups. that's why their doors are about to close. have you not heard about the lay-offs? why would any reporter hold on to all this information and not share it. guess they have been warned but there's no job in this county worth hiding all this mess.
Scooby

Elizabethtown, KY

#25 Feb 10, 2012
jjat5k wrote:
if our local newspaper would do their job and report what they know, everyone would finally have the truth. can't believe people are that afraid of losing a job with that newspaper. most people I know have quit reading it because there is no real news. only cover-ups. that's why their doors are about to close. have you not heard about the lay-offs? why would any reporter hold on to all this information and not share it. guess they have been warned but there's no job in this county worth hiding all this mess.
It's called responsible jouralism. Unlike a few people on here, a newspaper will gather facts before printing something. A newspaper will not print something based on "I heard". When some of you zealots get some real information that can be confirmed the paper will gladly print it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taylor County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romine Music Thread Sep 20 Musikologist 1
White dog found Sep 17 Christy 2
Yuma Music Thread (Jul '16) Aug '17 Musikologist 2
Timmy Curry Jul '17 Hatethistown 2
Taylor County Music Forum (Mar '13) Jun '17 Musikologist 11
Some bullying Jun '17 Get over it 3
Is Carlton & Nancy Underwood still together? Apr '17 Wildone75 1
More from around the web