Teen's parents speak out with attorney about strip-search allegations

Oct 27, 2011 Read more: Newms360.com 13

UPDATED REPORT: 11:01 A.M. SENATOBIA - Three teens - two girls and a boy - stood before regional media this morning as their Jackson attorney claimed they were strip searched on a trespassing charge when they were admitted to a Corinth holding center in July.

Read more
bewildered

Walnut, MS

#2 Oct 28, 2011
were they black or white come on now cant we get someone to call this racist a preacher or a politiction are something
Mathilda

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Oct 29, 2011
They were black from what I've been told. I believe there's more to the story than what we are being told.
bewildered

Walnut, MS

#4 Oct 29, 2011
news three in memphis told the same story as is here quote the judge overstepped her authrioty!!!!that person ownes a corner lot and ie mad about kids going across her yard instead of making the corner!!! but thew judge and her abuse of the law went to far
bewildered

Walnut, MS

#5 Oct 29, 2011
and news 3 stated teen ager age 15 and DID NOT REFER TO RACE!!!!!!!!!!
whocares

Jackson, MS

#6 Oct 29, 2011
bewildered wrote:
were they black or white come on now cant we get someone to call this racist a preacher or a politiction are something
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?
bewildered

Walnut, MS

#7 Oct 29, 2011
well it seems every thing has got to be race involved according to all the eq rights act. and all the black preachers and all the lawyers why not turn this into a race war to
Pico89

United States

#8 Oct 29, 2011
We need rev. Jackson in this motha!!!

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 29, 2011
they should not have been trespassing
Rkeith

Saltillo, MS

#10 Oct 31, 2011
Race is not an issue here. Government over stepping it's broundries is. This is a typical situation wherein grown adults can't make a reasonable decision. It's not up to anyone but us to make this right. What we need to do is write editorials to our local newspapers pointing out abusive acts by government officials. We can no longer sit on the sidelines and let abusive government powers do as they please with our lives and our childrens lives. Sit on you ass and do nothing and the next time it could be your chid that is strip searched.

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 31, 2011
Rkeith wrote:
Race is not an issue here. Government over stepping it's broundries is. This is a typical situation wherein grown adults can't make a reasonable decision. It's not up to anyone but us to make this right. What we need to do is write editorials to our local newspapers pointing out abusive acts by government officials. We can no longer sit on the sidelines and let abusive government powers do as they please with our lives and our childrens lives. Sit on you ass and do nothing and the next time it could be your chid that is strip searched.
Uh no. The ones who originally done wrong here were the teenagers. If they had not been trespassing they would not have been arrested. Did the guards do anything wrong at the jdc? No. As long as they did not touch these kids in any inappropriate manner they were in the clear. The kids were already breaking the law by trespassing so it is very logical to take precautions to make sure they weren't concealing any weapons or drugs. Did the judge go a little far by sending ten to Corinth? Maybe. I dont know and you don't know. That's why they are the judges there may be more there that we aren't being told. But either way if these parents will get the dollar signs out of their eyes and be parents and let these kids learn a lesson then they might just learn a valuable lesson that will keep them out of more serious trouble in the future.
just sorry

Iuka, MS

#12 Nov 1, 2011
Pico89 wrote:
We need rev. Jackson in this motha!!!
we need whoever to ROCK this town and state!! seems like alot of big shots are running wild around here and cant be touched. no matter what they do. hell look at little that was on new 3. he did very wrong but seems to have enough power at jackson to get it pushed under the rug and off on other folks shoulders
Sad

Corinth, MS

#13 Nov 1, 2011
Any time you are arrested, you are at mercy to be strip searched at the time of booking into a facility. My main concern here is... you should be wondering why they ever sent them to alcornn jdc. not they they were searched. if they had went to tupelo jdc, they would have had the same strip search there upon arrival at the facility. i would look into why they were shipped to alcorn jdc.

“thats right i said it”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 15, 2011
i got into trouble when i was 14 way back in the 90's and i had to go to the tupelo jdc and i was strip searched by a black cop...should i had sued?? hell no i broke the law and in order to be booked i had to be strip searched!!!! its not always about the color of someones skin..sometimes it is but not in this case

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tate County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tate County man booked with sexual battery (Sep '13) Sep '13 Inder 2
News Sheriff: Girl Sitting on Mother's Lap Dies in C... (Aug '10) Apr '13 unknown 108
News Senatobia gets ready for alcohol sales (Apr '13) Apr '13 Jodee Rebecca Davey 1
News Senatobia, Miss. Starts Selling Alcohol (Apr '13) Apr '13 Joyia 1
News Bill limits state takeovers of schools to 3 years (Feb '13) Feb '13 Gulf 1
News Tate County, Mississippi, Murder, Homicide, Jam... (Oct '10) Oct '12 Anon 25
News DeSoto County jailer charged with molesting a c... (Jul '12) Sep '12 me 6
More from around the web