Road in park nothing but a boondoggle

There are 4 comments on the Apr 16, 2008, HendersonvilleNews.com story titled Road in park nothing but a boondoggle. In it, HendersonvilleNews.com reports that:

“It's a hard question because it's two different issues for a conservative to deal with.”

The "fiscal conservatives" running for the 11th Congressional District came up with an eye-popping proposal last week. via HendersonvilleNews.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HendersonvilleNews.com.

Russell Breedlove

United States

#1 Apr 16, 2008
Bravo....well said!

“No More Settlement”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#2 Apr 29, 2008
That depends on who you ask
Russell Breedlove

United States

#3 Apr 29, 2008
George-
You are one of the few pro-road folk whose opinion I respect....primarily because you present well-thought out reasons for your positions as opposed to "well, they promised, so...." I hope that most road supporters have accepted the reality of the situation, and are trying to get guarantees for their cemetery access and transportation rather than pursuing a path that will end up with their getting nothing. We need road folk to get on board with the settlement, and present a united front to the NPS, who does not really have Swain County's interests at heart. If Swain County is made responsible for the transportation, how long do you think the park service will maintain the roads necessary for visitations? If the Park service is required (in writing) to provide both access and transportation, they will have to maintain those roads well enough to allow van access; otherwise, they will just allow them to fall into disrepair, and eventually.....no visitation unless you can hike to it.

“No More Settlement”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#4 May 7, 2008
The road died when Heath got elected, I hope he will fight the Wildlands Project movement with the greater vigor he ruled against the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swain County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swain County Music Thread (Nov '13) Jan '15 Musikologist 5
News 2nd language gets top priority in school (Aug '07) Nov '14 analyzerlx 5
dss/cps corruption (Oct '11) Sep '14 Sherri Cuddy 6
News Tourism Board meets, provides presentation to P... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dave 2
News Mike Clampitt announces run for Statehouse in D... (Feb '12) Jul '14 Braindead 3
News Swain man charged with child sex crimes (Apr '10) Apr '14 Was NC Now Florid... 8
News Swain at last makes foray into animal control (Oct '09) Mar '14 Outside looking in 17
More from around the web