Swain County still getting shortchanged

Swain County still getting shortchanged

There are 1 comment on the Mountain Xpress story from May 3, 2007, titled Swain County still getting shortchanged. In it, Mountain Xpress reports that:

I was born and raised in Swain County and am a registered Democrat, but sometimes I get disturbed about the [Democratic] Party operations. via Mountain Xpress

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain Xpress.

“No More Settlement”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 May 17, 2007
Could be time for all good democrats in Swain to demand a clean government. The party has controlled Swain County for 145 or so years and may need to clean house and start again. Its not only the road issue but also the way things get done. look what is happening to the new sherriffs salary, look at the on going investigation of election problems, it is all part of the total control for so long that as brought contempt for the people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swain County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swain man charged with child sex crimes (Apr '10) Jan 6 Maggie 9
News Swain at last makes foray into animal control (Oct '09) Jan 6 Maggie 18
News 2nd language gets top priority in school (Aug '07) Jan 6 Maggie 12
Swain County Music Thread (Nov '13) Jul '17 Musikologist 9
dss/cps corruption (Oct '11) Nov '15 Christal douglas 7
News Tourism Board meets, provides presentation to P... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dave 2
News Mike Clampitt announces run for Statehouse in D... (Feb '12) Jul '14 Braindead 3
More from around the web