Groups aim to defeat tripling of tran...

Groups aim to defeat tripling of transfer tax

There are 23 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Nov 4, 2007, titled Groups aim to defeat tripling of transfer tax. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Realtors and home builders from across the state have given more than $100,000 to defeat five WNC counties' attempts to raise taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Willie

Hayesville, NC

#23 Nov 6, 2007
[QUOTE who="
Must be a democrat.[/QUOTE]

Oh contraire my dear, I am a CARD CARRYING Republican!! Reagan is my hero.
Royal Pain

Raleigh, NC

#24 Nov 6, 2007
MaconRealtor, I love your remarks. I can't believe that the N.C. Realtors Association has allowed itself to become part of the right-wing, anti-government groups like Americans for Prosperity and the John Locke Foundation. If ever a group benefits from the investments made in public infrastructure (roads, schools, transportation, parks, libraries, etc.) it is the realtors! Who wants to move into an area with bad schools, congested roads, no jobs, no cultural attractions? Nobody. So the realtors benefit from all the investments made by government in infrastructure but don't want to see their fair share be paid. For shame.
Willie

Hayesville, NC

#25 Nov 6, 2007
Royal Pain wrote:
MaconRealtor, I love your remarks. I can't believe that the N.C. Realtors Association has allowed itself to become part of the right-wing, anti-government groups like Americans for Prosperity and the John Locke Foundation. If ever a group benefits from the investments made in public infrastructure (roads, schools, transportation, parks, libraries, etc.) it is the realtors! Who wants to move into an area with bad schools, congested roads, no jobs, no cultural attractions? Nobody. So the realtors benefit from all the investments made by government in infrastructure but don't want to see their fair share be paid. For shame.
Well said Royal!! You are 100% correct. The first things that come out of the realtors mouth here(and rightfully so) is how good the schools are here. They even take them by for a drive thru. Keeping the infrastructure modern will only help real estate sales in WNC!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swain County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swain County Music Thread (Nov '13) Jul '15 Musikologist 6
News 2nd language gets top priority in school (Aug '07) Nov '14 analyzerlx 5
dss/cps corruption (Oct '11) Sep '14 Sherri Cuddy 6
News Tourism Board meets, provides presentation to P... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dave 2
News Mike Clampitt announces run for Statehouse in D... (Feb '12) Jul '14 Braindead 3
News Swain man charged with child sex crimes (Apr '10) Apr '14 Was NC Now Florid... 8
News Swain at last makes foray into animal control (Oct '09) Mar '14 Outside looking in 17
More from around the web