2nd language gets top priority in school

2nd language gets top priority in school

There are 65 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Aug 15, 2007, titled 2nd language gets top priority in school. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

When Lyudov Deynega grows up she wants to be a teacher. The 10-year-old loves science and one day hopes to lead a science classroom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dan Coates

Palm Bay, FL

#67 Aug 31, 2007
I went to the Florida DMV to get a Florida ID card, not a driver's license, which costs $5 and allows one to get discounts at Disney and other parks. You get larger discounts with a FL ID card than you do with a retired/disabled military ID. Took my military ID, student ID, NC Driver's license and my utility bill's to verify my having lived in FL for over a year as a student. Couldn't get an ID! The hispanic who waited on me said I needed a US Passport or certified birth certificate to prove I was a US citizen! Amazing! Probably two million illegals driving in FL, lots of them with resident ID's and discounted annual passes at Universal City, Disney, Seaworld and Bush Gardens and they aren't even legal aliens but I couldn't get an ID. The south and Southwest have become part of Central America and US citizens do not have the same rights/privileges as "Illegals", let alone, that a retired US military person has to pay over $100 more for an annual pass to "DISNEY" than an illegal who can't even speak english. Told the guy that I guess I didn't speak the right language, in spanish! He was a real "hardass". Half the employees were hispanic, probably came to the US illegally or were the spawn of illegals or cuban which get "special" privileges, hell of a note!

Since: Jul 07

Fletcher, NC

#68 Sep 1, 2007
You assume.

You can't.

Many are here legally.
Dan Coates

Palm Bay, FL

#69 Sep 1, 2007
More are here "ILLEGALLY"!
Saytata

Asheville, NC

#70 Jan 10, 2008
tfj wrote:
Hodoroaba family - 6 children
Deynega family - 9 children
I hope these parents have the ability to provide food, clothing, and shelter for all their family members, and have the ability to pay for their medical care - I surely don't.
I live around the corner from the Deynega family. They live in a lovely home that I believe was built by Mr. Deynega. The children are truly a blessing. They are friendly, very well-mannered and thoughtful. Also, they appear healthy, clean, nicely dressed and well fed. Just before Christmas, several of the Deynega girls brought me a gift containing handmade slippers and homemade polish sausage. I live alone and their gesture made my holiday. I am grateful to have such fine neighbors.
RebeltotheLast

Columbia, SC

#71 Jan 10, 2008
Folks if you think the foreign language or at least the way it is taught in school will enable you to actually go out ;and speak the language whatever that might be, you are sadly mistaken and misguided. it has no resemblance. there are numerous nuances. methods of pronunciation, etc. that are different. get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swain County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swain County Music Thread (Nov '13) Jul '17 Musikologist 9
News 2nd language gets top priority in school (Aug '07) Nov '16 Demophobic 6
dss/cps corruption (Oct '11) Nov '15 Christal douglas 7
News Tourism Board meets, provides presentation to P... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dave 2
News Mike Clampitt announces run for Statehouse in D... (Feb '12) Jul '14 Braindead 3
News Swain man charged with child sex crimes (Apr '10) Apr '14 Was NC Now Florid... 8
News Swain at last makes foray into animal control (Oct '09) Mar '14 Outside looking in 17
More from around the web