Vernon cop can't carry gun, is suspended

May 7, 2010 Full story: New Jersey Herald 11

A Vernon Township police officer has been suspended after the township attorney discovered he was "unfit for duty" because of legal complications that prohibit him from carrying a gun.

Full Story
btu

United States

#1 May 7, 2010
Only in Vernon!!!
vernonite

Warwick, NY

#2 May 9, 2010
This is so horrifying and pathetic that I can't even find the humor in it.
What a world

United States

#3 May 10, 2010
I don't understand. Isn't that 3 separate incidents with the vernon pd in 1 year?
Why is vernon having such a discipline problem?
Who is responsible for keeping the men in line?
The chief of police?
Vernonparent

Brooklyn, NY

#4 May 13, 2010
Whos to say we can trust the vernon police when it comes to the charges they put on people?????
Leah

Pearl River, NY

#5 Jun 3, 2010
What??????
tony

Newark, NJ

#7 Aug 7, 2010
If officer is charge with anything that would put him or her in category of on fit to be officer then definitely "NO" they should not be permitted to carry weapon period!
And if charges against them happen to be as assault then they should not be permitted to own weapon.
Why

United States

#8 Aug 9, 2010
Why don't they write what he did?
These local papers really suck.
Because

Highland Lakes, NJ

#9 Aug 25, 2010
WOW... I moved from jersey city for a better place for my family. This is bull shit! from top office to school teacher. We need outsiders to come in and clean house? Vernon is to much of a beautiful place to let trash like these people mess it up... Good people of this town. Wake up! LETS TAKE THE TRASH OUT!
This town is starting to stink!
JAC

Clifton, NJ

#10 Aug 27, 2010
The entire system in Vernon is broken. Police salaries out of whack with their job aspects...council people coming and going legitimately or otherwise...town managers acting un-ethical or otherwise overwelmed...money spent around the town, on things that aren't even necessary...mayors and council members implicated in ugly stuff. Imagine the amount of reduction in our taxes, if all of the fraud, waste, & abuse were eliminated, and truly honest people ran Vernon, including the police.
Vernon

Sussex, NJ

#11 Oct 12, 2010
All I can say is god help us...
Cindy

Yonkers, NY

#12 Oct 17, 2010
Instead of writing, do something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sussex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sussex teen fights mandatory rule to dehorn goats Jun '14 Zane 1
Walking the dogs.... Jun '14 Zeke 1
Late Show [5/28] Arthur Morgan III Gets Life an... May '14 Bunny Music 1
Quarry's plan to expand onto Lebanon Twp. prese... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Lillian 1
Giuseppe Tedesco of Hopatcong, NJ, charged with... (Aug '10) Dec '13 Kristen 9
Sussex County Medical and Sparta Medical merge ... (Oct '12) Oct '13 Awful 2
Hardyston man gets seven years in prison for tr... (Aug '13) Aug '13 disgusted 1
•••

Sussex County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••