Supporters contribute to sheriff campaign

Oct 8, 2010 Full story: New Jersey Herald

By TOM HOWELL JR. thowell@njherald.com Campaign signs are up, endorsements are rolling in and people are putting their money behind their man to become the first new Sussex County sheriff in 20 years.

Full Story
Press Release by Sheriff

Somerset, NJ

#1 Oct 9, 2010
PRESS RELEASE
On December 31, I will be retiring from the Sussex County Sheriff’s Office after 33 years of
public service to the citizens of Sussex County with the past 21 as your Sheriff. When I ran for
Sheriff in 1989 I was fortunate to have the support of Sheriff Fred Cooper who dedicated his
service to the Sheriff’s Office as an Undersheriff and then Sheriff totaling more than 30 years. It
was his hope the Sheriff’s Office continue to be managed by someone who exhibited dedication
and commitment to the Office they have chosen as their career. I am now in that position of
wanting the same transition that has been the standard of the Office for the past 50 years.
I am asking you to join me in voting for Lt. Mitch Ellicott, a lifelong resident of our county and a
dedicated 20 year veteran of the Sheriff’s Office with experience in all aspects of the Sheriff’s
operations. He started as a Sheriff’s Officer was promoted to Sergeant, and now Lieutenant
commanding the Special Services Division. Through his leadership, Mitch has been instrumental
in formulating, maintaining, and delivering these quality services, the Sussex County Tactical
Response Unit, K-9, Project Lifesaver (a program for lost children or adults with disabilities), the
County Search and Rescue Team and the county HAZMAT Team of which he shares command.
As the commander of this division Mitch is the person who makes crucial decisions at
emergencies with limited information potentially impacting people’s safety and lives. Mitch has
consistently demonstrated his ability to make these difficult decisions resulting in the best
possible outcome. I have complete faith in his abilities and have never been in the position to
second guess his decisions after reviewing his reports.
Through the years Mitch has had to deliver many of these services with limited resources. He has
a comprehensive knowledge of working with frugal budgets and improvising to get the job done
with positive results knowing what works and what doesn’t. Mitch knows the cost-effective
means I use to provide programs, accomplish projects, and access vital grant money to bring new
and continued services to our residents.
During the primary election Mitch was serving his country in the Middle East and upon his
return decided to run as an Independent.
Being Sheriff in Sussex County is not about what political party you belong to, but rather the
delivery of public safety with accountability to the citizens. I recognize that many tend to vote
along party lines however in this election look at the individual’s qualifications, commitment,
accomplishments, and dedication rather than the political party they are aligned.
These are challenging times in our county and we need a proven leader. Be an educated voter
and please review the candidates’ backgrounds and then determine the best person for the job.
www.ellicottforsheriff.com
I sincerely ask for your support of Lt. Mitch Ellicott for Sheriff on November 2, Thank You.
Robert E. Untig, Sheriff
Press Release by Sheriff

Somerset, NJ

#2 Oct 9, 2010
I am asking you to join me in voting for Lt. Mitch Ellicott, a lifelong resident of our county and a dedicated 20 year veteran of the Sheriff’s Office with experience in all aspects of the Sheriff’s operations. He started as a Sheriff’s Officer was promoted to Sergeant, and now Lieutenant commanding the Special Services Division. Through his leadership, Mitch has been instrumental in formulating, maintaining, and delivering these quality services, the Sussex County Tactical Response Unit, K-9, Project Lifesaver (a program for lost children or adults with disabilities), the County Search and Rescue Team and the county HAZMAT Team of which he shares command.
Ch Jay Ziegler backing

Somerset, NJ

#3 Oct 9, 2010
I strongly endorse Mitch Ellicott for Sussex County Sheriff. He possesses the necessary skills and ability to provide for the public’s safety while simultaneously controlling costs and effectively managing personnel. I recently ran for the post of Sussex County Sheriff in the Republican Primary but Mitch Ellicott was precluded from doing so because he was serving our country oversees as a member of our armed forces. I am glad that he has safely returned to our community and am equally glad that his candidacy provides us the opportunity to elect a sheriff whose broad base of experience will serve us well. During Mitch’s law enforcement career he has distinguished himself as an outstanding performer and has risen to the rank of Lieutenant; a position with real leadership and management responsibility. In addition, his years of participation in the volunteer fire service and Naval Reserve are clear indications that he is a man of values who believes in public service and cares about his community and country. Mitch embodies the values and ethics that we so often find missing in today’s society. I am proud of Mitch Ellicott, what he stands for and I am grateful that I have the opportunity to support him with my vote on November 2nd for Sussex County Sheriff. I urge all of you to do the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sussex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sussex teen fights mandatory rule to dehorn goats Jun '14 Zane 1
Walking the dogs.... Jun '14 Zeke 1
Late Show [5/28] Arthur Morgan III Gets Life an... May '14 Bunny Music 1
Quarry's plan to expand onto Lebanon Twp. prese... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Lillian 1
Giuseppe Tedesco of Hopatcong, NJ, charged with... (Aug '10) Dec '13 Kristen 9
Sussex County Medical and Sparta Medical merge ... (Oct '12) Oct '13 Awful 2
Hardyston man gets seven years in prison for tr... (Aug '13) Aug '13 disgusted 1

Sussex County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE