Condemning farmland raises eyebrows

Full story: Daily Record

Preserving farmland is just about sacrosanct in New Jersey. So, the idea of taking farmland through eminent domain sounds a little strange.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Jaime

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 12, 2006
 
Farmland or not I think Sussex needs a lot of infrustructure such as roads, overpasses, and more!. We do not need to tap on farmlands to build more roads either. Elevated highways over existing ones will save the farmlands ie build and elevated highway over Rt 23. If you remember, Rt 23 becomes a single lane highway as it enters Sussex County.
JAUS CONSTRUCTION GROUP

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 12, 2006
 
Quit your crying. Its going to get developed one way over another. Go ahead and protest, just dont get in my way when Im driving the dozer because I cant see well, and...well you get the point.
MRS

Woodstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 12, 2006
 
JAUS CONSTRUCTION GROUP wrote:
Quit your crying. Its going to get developed one way over another. Go ahead and protest, just dont get in my way when Im driving the dozer because I cant see well, and...well you get the point.
Hope you don't work in the PR department.
JAUS CONSTRUCTION GROUP

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 13, 2006
 
MRS

No, actually I am the lead site project manager who oversees most of Jaus' government projects. I was kidding by the way, we have nothing to do with the project that Jaime mentioned. However, I was one of the SPMs who planned and developed many of todays troublesome highways in NJ such as the Route 73/70 projects in South Jersey to eliminate some of the most deadly intersections and circles. I also worked on many AC Expressway projects within the past 10 years. I agree, land is being taken over by development and roads. However, new roads are needed to keep up with population increases in this state.
MRS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 13, 2006
 
JAUS CONSTRUCTION GROUP wrote:
MRS
No, actually I am the lead site project manager who oversees most of Jaus' government projects. I was kidding by the way, we have nothing to do with the project that Jaime mentioned. However, I was one of the SPMs who planned and developed many of todays troublesome highways in NJ such as the Route 73/70 projects in South Jersey to eliminate some of the most deadly intersections and circles. I also worked on many AC Expressway projects within the past 10 years. I agree, land is being taken over by development and roads. However, new roads are needed to keep up with population increases in this state.
I understand your position. Tell Jaime your kidding. Buy the way I'm not overly impressed with the changes made on Routes 73/70.
JAUS CONSTRUCTION GROUP

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 13, 2006
 
MRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your position. Tell Jaime your kidding. Buy the way I'm not overly impressed with the changes made on Routes 73/70.
You might not be for a little bit longer. Thats understandable. We actually began night work for a little while to help with the morning traffic situation. Trust me, you will be impressed with the outcome of the project. Your tax money is being well spent.
MRS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 13, 2006
 
JAUS CONSTRUCTION GROUP wrote:
<quoted text>
You might not be for a little bit longer. Thats understandable. We actually began night work for a little while to help with the morning traffic situation. Trust me, you will be impressed with the outcome of the project. Your tax money is being well spent.
"Your tax money is being well spent" makes you sound like a politician. Don't forget I'm from NJ, we don't TRUST our politicians. Our pockets are empty. I know it's not your fault but you struck a nerve. Sorry.
JAUS CONSTRUCTION GROUP

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 13, 2006
 
MRS wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your tax money is being well spent" makes you sound like a politician. Don't forget I'm from NJ, we don't TRUST our politicians. Our pockets are empty. I know it's not your fault but you struck a nerve. Sorry.
Hahaha, I dont blame you for not trusting politicians. I know Ill probably get myself into trouble for saying this, but when you have assholes like Norcross in office, its no suprise that people dont trust New Jersey politicians.
zeusman

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 13, 2006
 
The plans for the removal of the circle look nice. MRS, dont apologize for stating the truth. Our pockets are empty and yet the taxes keep going up, local and state. We're heading for the same mess California has. One party rule is ruining the living standard in this state. We all wanna move out unless your poor and u can sponge off the state tit or rich and not care. Middle class New Jersey is slowing leaving.
MRS

Vincentown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 13, 2006
 
zeusman wrote:
The plans for the removal of the circle look nice. MRS, dont apologize for stating the truth. Our pockets are empty and yet the taxes keep going up, local and state. We're heading for the same mess California has. One party rule is ruining the living standard in this state. We all wanna move out unless your poor and u can sponge off the state tit or rich and not care. Middle class New Jersey is slowing leaving.
I've got a few more years here and then I'm out. Jersey has been good to me, and my family, but I don't know how we can afford to retire here. It's a shame how things have gotten out of hand.
JAUS CONSTRUCTION GROUP

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 15, 2006
 
Trust me, Ive thought about moving for a while too. I am getting sicker and sicker of the budget wasting and the corruption that is going on in New Jersey. Look at the NJ Political Power Brokers list for NJ and you will see the most influential politician in office today is Norcross, behind the US Attorney of course.

http://www.politicsnj.com/PowerList2004.htm

Its a joke, Norcross keeps getting himself into trouble with all of these Political scandals he is involved with. Its like, politicians are only in the business to better their own lives and not the lives of the constituents and citizens of New Jersey who vote them into office. Its sickening.

Rob Andrews is New Jersey's only hope.
Todd

Catonsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 31, 2006
 
Do you think they will expand parts of Rt 40 to a 2 lane highway between Woodstown and AC?
JAUS CONSTRUCTION GROUP wrote:
MRS
No, actually I am the lead site project manager who oversees most of Jaus' government projects. I was kidding by the way, we have nothing to do with the project that Jaime mentioned. However, I was one of the SPMs who planned and developed many of todays troublesome highways in NJ such as the Route 73/70 projects in South Jersey to eliminate some of the most deadly intersections and circles. I also worked on many AC Expressway projects within the past 10 years. I agree, land is being taken over by development and roads. However, new roads are needed to keep up with population increases in this state.
Todd

Catonsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 31, 2006
 
Do you think they will expand parts of Rt 40 to a 2 lane highway between Woodstown and AC?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sussex County Discussions

Search the Sussex County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Quarry's plan to expand onto Lebanon Twp. prese... Mar '14 Lillian 1
Giuseppe Tedesco of Hopatcong, NJ, charged with... (Aug '10) Dec '13 Kristen 9
Sussex County Medical and Sparta Medical merge ... (Oct '12) Oct '13 Awful 2
Hardyston man gets seven years in prison for tr... (Aug '13) Aug '13 disgusted 1
mosquitos (Jul '13) Jul '13 laura 1
Lyme disease (Jun '13) Jun '13 Beth RN 1
Vernon man guilty of setting blaze that destroy... (May '13) May '13 disgusted 1
•••
•••
•••
•••