Cops: 3 Vernon teens made 6-year-old drink beer, smoke pot

Sep 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Jersey Journal

Three Vernon boys were arrested for allegedly coercing a 6-year-old into smoking marijuana and drinking beer - causing the child to become intoxicated - and videotaping the incident on a cell phone, police said ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 35 of35
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
vernonparent

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2008

It really is a disgusting and violent act toward a child, no matter what the situation. I do however find it funny that so many people are slamming Vernon for its school, drug program, police force, irresponsible parents, etc. Hey, news flash...it can happen in your town as well. Every parent needs to know what their child is doing at all times. Does every parent go on their child's Facebook or Myspace to see their comments or pictures posted? Pretty sure they don't. Do you call when your child says they are sleeping at someone's house? Nope! Well, for ALL parents out there, WAKE UP! It is ultimately YOUR responsibility to keep your child on the right path.
mommadukes

Totowa, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2008

samantha wrote:
like maybe if you guys all new what really happened you would know its not the teenage boy's fault. i know all of them personally and i know that the 6 yeaar old has been smoking pot and drinking for over a year, his dad let him. so dont try to pass judgement on people you dont know. theyre not bad just f*cking stupid.
Samantha, I do personally know one of the boys involved, like I said, I am not suprised.....this is not his first run in with trouble either with this sort of thing. Obviously the lesson was not learned the first time around.
mommadukes

Totowa, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2008

vernonparent wrote:
It really is a disgusting and violent act toward a child, no matter what the situation. I do however find it funny that so many people are slamming Vernon for its school, drug program, police force, irresponsible parents, etc. Hey, news flash...it can happen in your town as well. Every parent needs to know what their child is doing at all times. Does every parent go on their child's Facebook or Myspace to see their comments or pictures posted? Pretty sure they don't. Do you call when your child says they are sleeping at someone's house? Nope! Well, for ALL parents out there, WAKE UP! It is ultimately YOUR responsibility to keep your child on the right path.
Vernonparent, You are exactly right! I do look at my daughters myspace, I make the calls to parents regarding sleepovers (regardless how embarrassing it is to my daughter...)Considering that where the kids are getting some of their stuff to get high, sometimes that isn't even enough. Parents also need to keep an eye on their medicine cabinets as well...
Question

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Can't we all worry about what is in our own backyard and not what is everyone elses'?
Joy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

samantha wrote:
like maybe if you guys all new what really happened you would know its not the teenage boy's fault. i know all of them personally and i know that the 6 yeaar old has been smoking pot and drinking for over a year, his dad let him. so dont try to pass judgement on people you dont know. theyre not bad just f*cking stupid.
That is some assumption, Samantha, and very hard to believe!
Joyous Mavis

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

What is this world coming to ? It reminds me of that song that starts, " Do you know where you're going to, do you like the things that life is showing you ?" Well personally, I don't !!
Old New Jerseyan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Joyous Mavis wrote:
What is this world coming to ? It reminds me of that song that starts, " Do you know where you're going to, do you like the things that life is showing you ?" Well personally, I don't !!
Great comment!
Hellrzr

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

Old New Jerseyan wrote:
<quoted text>
Great comment!
You people passing judgement on the parents. I know the mother personally and her and her husband split up. She was having finacial difficulties and couldn't keep the 6 year old in the camp he was at, because she couldn't afford it and needed to go to work. So she put her trust in her 17 year old son to watch him for the summer. The teen who was watching his 6 year old brother was not in any of the videos it was one of his dumb friends!! The mother is a very good and caring mother and does the best for her boys. So stop placing the blame on why didn't the parents realize. The mother practically had a nervous breakdown and moved the hell out of Vernon. So how many of you would trust your 17 year old to watch a 6 yr old? They should be responsible at that age. It is the kids fault remember not the parents!!! And the father did not get his child stoned that is so dumb to even say.
Old New Jerseyan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Quite honestly, I was just commenting on Joyous Mavis' song/post. I do feel for the mom and it certainly was not her fault ... it is sad that you have to entrust someone to care for your child and they betray that trust. We cannot be with our children 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Prayers to the mom.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

samantha wrote:
Holy cow. Can you be a grown up for a minute and call the police and report what you just posted here so that the poor child can be rescued? How can you live with yourself knowing that this father pumps this poor little boy up with pot and booze and not caring enough to do anything?
mommadukes

Totowa, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Samantha, you are truly delusional, or possible a friend of the boys. Like I said, I know one of those boys personally. He is not permitted near my home for similar issues PRIOR to this incident. Like I said before, I am not suprised by his behavior.
lovelyone

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

this really pisses me off that child may be addicted to it now this is a dog gone shame
lovelyone

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

you are right because this is case shows that we need to take charge with this

“follow, obey, baaaah”

Since: Jun 09

sussex county

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Judged:

Do any of you remember being kid's? You may not have taken part in any debauchery yourselves but talking about this like it's "something new" is kind of void of reality isn't it? What these kids did was extreme, sure, but it's not the first time it's ever happened. It might be the first time it happened on a camera, but dumb teenagers have been doing the "lets get your little brother stoned" routine for decades. It's wrong, it's stupid, it's dangerous, it's "shocking" yes. But it's not some new behavioral problem that will be sweeping the nation and corrupting the young. I also guarantee you that those of us who are most certain that it's "not our kid's" are the one's in most danger of being shocked. I think you have to assume your teenagers are going to experiment, how you react and how you ultimately handle it if they do, is where true parenting comes in.
Agreed

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 35 of35
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••