Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Announces Major Leadership Gift to Endless Mountains Health Systems

Montrose, PA., February 28, 2012 - Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation announced a substantial pledge of funds to the new hospital project being undertaken by the Endless Mountains Health System . Full Story
photodoc

Cheltenham, PA

#1 Feb 28, 2012
Sure, the gas-drilling companies poison air, water, land and local residents, steal taxpayer money, then pay off (read, bribe) state and federal elected officials, then try to look like good guys by "giving" money to some local entity that sells its soul by taking it. Yep, really nice folks. These are multi-national criminals, who are only not in prison because our government is corrupt.
Utica

Glenside, PA

#2 Mar 22, 2012
It is true that the drilling and fracking fluids are making their way into the local water supplies of susquehanna county. The oil and gas industry is simply making so much money that they dont care. And the rest of the economy is benefiting from the additional jobs being provided. Ultimately the industry is benefiting the country, at the expense of a small number of uneducated locals. So I say, let the drilling continue. Let the people find out the hard way what happens to them when they vote for a pro drilling government officials, because then and only then will the issues be recognized. Meanwhile, the rest of us can steer clear of the ensuing mess.
Utica

Glenside, PA

#3 Mar 22, 2012
Oh, and I wouldn't recommend drinking the water in these areas. Not only are the fluids from the operations themselves finding their way into the catskill, but increased sediment erosion in areas where gas lines are lain down is leading to further issues with the water quality. It would be wise to get water elsewhere, at least until the situation undergoes further study. Because nobody wants to be considered the statistic or test subject of future studies. And good job New York on your moratorium while we figure this out.
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#4 Mar 22, 2012
..OIL and GAS..yES...eh..(+)..$$..yada u u..shalom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Susquehanna County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Homicide Suspect Heading to Trial (Feb '12) Mar '13 MIA 19
Trial under way for former teacher accused of s... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Anonymus 2
13 Susquehanna County families sue over gas dri... (Sep '10) Aug '12 CitizenX 10
Father and Son Charged with Human Sex Trafficki... (Apr '12) Apr '12 jackitupfatgirlsc... 1
Montrose man pleads guilty in statutory sex case (Sep '10) Feb '12 anotherdumbmoveby... 5
Residents: dozens of wells in Bradford County h... (Apr '11) Jan '12 patty1752 15
Two charged in Pa. pharmacy robbery (Nov '11) Nov '11 sorry for your son 1

Susquehanna County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE