Chances dim for NY moratorium on fracking

There are 4 comments on the Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record story from Jul 3, 2010, titled Chances dim for NY moratorium on fracking. In it, Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record reports that:

In a victory for supporters of gas drilling, bills that would impose a moratorium on the practice are dead, at least for now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record.

George B

Monticello, NY

#1 Jul 11, 2010
A few land owners will benefit financially. The rest of us will be left with poisoned water, ruined roads, and threats to our health for years to come.
tobeSullivanResi dent

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Aug 13, 2010
To hell with Fracking. I totally agree with George B. Also, I can't wait to get out of this hell hole NYC and come to Sullivan county where it is so peaceful, beautiful and all the plentiful wildlife. All the 3rd world, uneducated and/or ill-mannered, and you know who you all are in Queens, NY - GoodBye!
Ellie

Coppell, TX

#3 Aug 19, 2010
George B wrote:
A few land owners will benefit financially. The rest of us will be left with poisoned water, ruined roads, and threats to our health for years to come.
I live in a place where gas drilling is a common sight; the water is fine, real estate is healthy, you hardly know it's there.
the millions upon millions of dollars it pours into the local economy benefits everyone.

I think NY is drowning in hysteria about drilling. Look in other states where it is done successfully.
George B

Monticello, NY

#4 Jun 12, 2012
Ellie wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in a place where gas drilling is a common sight; the water is fine, real estate is healthy, you hardly know it's there.
the millions upon millions of dollars it pours into the local economy benefits everyone.
I think NY is drowning in hysteria about drilling. Look in other states where it is done successfully.
Where is it that you live? What brings you to a forum on Forstburg? I'd bet you are a paid shill for the gas industry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sullivan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court says Bloomingburg housing plan can resume (Jun '14) Mar '15 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 7
Birds of a feather flock together Jan '15 Hmmmmmmmmmm 1
Bloomingburg dissolution revote possible Update... Jan '15 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1
News Sullivan County IDA looking to finalize food-hu... (Aug '14) Oct '14 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
News Controversial Bloomingburg homes going on sale (Oct '14) Oct '14 Psdof 1
News Dissolution vote over, time to vet the challenges (Oct '14) Oct '14 hicks 1
News Lamm protests Bloomingburg vote (Aug '14) Sep '14 Moses kestenbaum ODA 2
More from around the web